Windass and Warburton Press Conferences

Guest Lloyd72

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

MW: the worst thing Rangers could do would be to spend recklessly to close that gap. It's important we recognise that gap.

Serious question here: Can we spend non-recklessly and expect to close the gap? in other words; can we expect to close the gap on a fraction of their budget?

3 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

MW: the worst thing Rangers could do would be to spend recklessly to close that gap. It's important we recognise that gap.

Serious question here: Can we spend non-recklessly and expect to close the gap? in other words; can we expect to close the gap on a fraction of their budget?

He's probably lucky that no-one asked him about whether money spent so far for this season was already reckless spending!  Or perhaps - being an ex-financier - he was really saying there is no point is spending what is left of good money after spending badly!! 

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, cushynumber said:

We could if we sign the right players, that Dembele cost a fraction of what we payed for Garner. We need to identify better players from better leagues than league 1/2 to close the gap.

Just reading the quotes again.   I cannot, simply cannot, see how Windass thinks that was a better performance.  Have they done any post-match analysis, watched the game, stood objectively and considered the performance overall?     Maybe they should phone Barton and get a more challenging assessment.

2 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

We could if we sign the right players, that Dembele cost a fraction of what we payed for Garner. We need to identify better players from better leagues than league 1/2 to close the gap.

thats true - Dembele Versus Garner is no contest - but managers always come in and have "quick wins" under their belt - MW had plenty when Ally left and Rodgers has had it as well. 

4 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Just reading the quotes again.   I cannot, simply cannot, see how Windass thinks that was a better performance.  Have they done any post-match analysis, watched the game, stood objectively and considered the performance overall?     Maybe they should phone Barton and get a more challenging assessment.

we were marginally tighter, defended more solidly and kept it to one rather than 5. By most measures thats classed as "better". I dread to think what would have been the score if Sinclair or Dembele had taken one of the chances they had in the first half though.

Last week Inverness is to soon for rossiter but he be ready for Celtic, this week he's working with physios so it's clear he's still bit away, not first time manger says a player close and then he's nowhere to be seen for weeks. Same old shit manager hits out with can see why people starting to get fed up with him. 

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

thats true - Dembele Versus Garner is no contest - but managers always come in and have "quick wins" under their belt - MW had plenty when Ally left and Rodgers has had it as well. 

Our quick wins have now dried up and the tactics that we surprised teams with at the start of MWs management have been found out but no one at the club seems too bothered to change it.

"JW: I would say yesterday is the worst I have played since I have been there. Sometimes you don't turn up and it was one of those days."

And this was after 2 heated discussions among the squad about the 5-1 game, and after all the guff from Warburton about having trained well, prepared well, worked hard.   And after the comments from Warburton about the players needing to play to the right level of intensity and to play at the level required at Rangers.    Either it has gone straight into one of Windass's ears and straight out of the other with no assimilation of the information in between or it has but it illustrates that Warburton and Weir had simply not provided the right level of personal and team motivation to do what was required in the game.  

Either way this demonstrates he is not receptive enough to direction or not willing - or able - to put it not practice when it counts.   He should not be in the squad for the StJ game on Weds as he cannot seem to work out what he needs to do in playing for Rangers.   On the back of his messaging in that press conference he would, imo, be a potential liability if he played on Weds.   How would Warburton and Weir know if Windass was going to turn up and play or turn up and muddle about cluelessly in the middle of the park if the player himself has no conviction about what he needs to do and still needs to work it out.  

Why even let Windass loose in a press conference to make that sort of statement?  

3 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

"JW: I would say yesterday is the worst I have played since I have been there. Sometimes you don't turn up and it was one of those days."

And this was after 2 heated discussions among the squad about the 5-1 game, and after all the guff from Warburton about having trained well, prepared well, worked hard.   And after the comments from Warburton about the players needing to play to the right level of intensity and to play at the level required at Rangers.    Either it has gone straight into one of Windass's ears and straight out of the other with no assimilation of the information in between or it has but it illustrates that Warburton and Weir had simply not provided the right level of personal and team motivation to do what was required in the game.  

Either way this demonstrates he is not receptive enough to direction or not willing - or able - to put it not practice when it counts.   He should not be in the squad for the StJ game on Weds as he cannot seem to work out what he needs to do in playing for Rangers.   On the back of his messaging in that press conference he would, imo, be a potential liability if he played on Weds.   How would Warburton and Weir know if Windass was going to turn up and play or turn up and muddle about cluelessly in the middle of the park if the player himself has no conviction about what he needs to do and still needs to work it out.  

Why even let Windass loose in a press conference to make that sort of statement?  

Sometimes you just have a bad game. It happens to the best of them in every sport. He has been honest and he needs games. The last thing I would do now is drop this boy.

30 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Almost everyone is trying to unearth a gem.

It is a highly competitive market, and we have only just got a scouting network back operational.

I dare say for every potential 200k gem you discover.... you will sign a fair few duds.

Yes, there are bargains out there, but you need to suppliment it with quality, and a big club cant base a transfer policy around it. Celtic took a bit of a gamble with Dembele, but had enough quality in reserve that they can afford to take a chance on a promising young player at a bargain price. It has worked brilliantly for them.

3 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

If his brains were made of dynamite, there wouldn't be enough to blow his hat off!

Guest Lloyd72
2 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

He's a young lad and one of the few people to look like he gave a fuck at Parkhead so I'm going to give him a pass for yesterday especially since all we did to him pretty much was pump high balls and expect him to beat Sviatchenko, Bitton and Simunovic in the air, also it's not like he didn't put in effort he worked hard I thought but it just didn't work out for him. He has poorly worded that statement.

Guest Lloyd72
9 minutes ago, Badger said:

Almost everyone is trying to unearth a gem.

It is a highly competitive market, and we have only just got a scouting network back operational.

I dare say for every potential 200k gem you discover.... you will sign a fair few duds.

I know we've only just got it back up but it needs drastic improvement imo, you only need to look at some of the cunts they have got for fuck all then sold on for millions, I have faith in Mcparland to get it sorted but it needs to be done quickly.

I understand that you won't always get a gem but for me I'd rather we didn't spend a shit tonne of money on a striker who didn't get into double figures the year before because that screams flop to me. Although I am optimistic that garner will improve.