Forrester

Pearson83

Just now, Billythebear77 said:

Harry's played well in games I've saw him playing in, MOH hasn't had a chance, although he was decent in the QOS game if I recall?. 

Why isn't he playing, and why has the team been criticised if he has been playing well? Our results would say that he hasn't been playing well. He came on as a sub against Hamilton and changed the game, but without consistency then he is not a player we need.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Most rumours come from the internet/social media. Most are from faceless people hiding behind a computer. You or I could easily start a rumour right now about any of our players on here or on social media by claiming to be in the know because we know x, y or z. A few people could like it or retweet it. That could then be retweeted to a wider audience. Suddenly, a piece of nonsense we have completely made up to make ourselves seem important or relevant is banded around as fact (by some). Even if there is an element to truth to some of the stories, depending on who the source or leak may be you are only hearing their side of the story from their own biased view. It's then like Chinese whispers as each person relays it to another so the story can easily be misinterpreted. In addition the media love to stir the pot too. Case in point being Warburton's so called refusal not to speak to BT, a story he has since clarified. 

I have no doubt, like any workplace, a whole load of shit goes down behind the scenes, and some of the rumours seem very plausible. I also have no doubt that there are some genuine in the know fans who do have credible sources. There are always rumours about our club though and it's been going on for years, and as such it's impossible to keep track of what is fact or fiction. However I personally wouldn't be overly concerned by them. I guess it's up to each fan to believe what they think though as I doubt we'll never truly find out.

Right now what we all must do is rally round together, stick together and collectively do everything we can to getting back to winning ways starting on Wednesday.........

It isn't the rumours and BS stories that were made that I'm talking about it's the ones that were got right. I do understand what you mean though because of the amount social media attention our club gets something as stupid as RVP to Rangers could be national news just from it being mentioned on a forum.:lol:

Fully agree there will be lots going on. Barry Ferguson said there was loads of fights in training when he was at Rangers but it made the team stronger, hopefully it works for this side also because we need something to kick us up the arse for the rest of the season.

We really do need to keep together and unite as a support at times like this, I hope the players give our fans the performance they deserve which they never got at Hampden because our support has been incredible this season.

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

Why isn't he playing, and why has the team been criticised if he has been playing well? Our results would say that he hasn't been playing well. He came on as a sub against Hamilton and changed the game, but without consistency then he is not a player we need.

He did change the game against Hamilton, he then scored against Dundee, he's a good wee player who needs a run in the team, as others have said mckays done fuckall all season but seams untouchable!.......strange???

2 minutes ago, Billythebear77 said:

He did change the game against Hamilton, he then scored against Dundee, he's a good wee player who needs a run in the team, as others have said mckays done fuckall all season but seams untouchable!.......strange???

I agree about McKay, he should have been dropped before now, and Dodoo should replace him for the next few matches. Forrester scored a great goal against Dundee, but that match was one where he was fortunate not to have been sent off. He, and Mckay, need to be consistent performers or how can they play for Rangers? 

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

I agree with McKay, he should have been dropped before now, and Dodoo should replace him for the next few matches. Forrester scored a great goal against Dundee, but that match was one where he was fortunate not to have been sent off. He, and Mckay, need to be consistent performers or how can they play for Rangers? 

He was fortunate not to be sent off, but the boy is what we need just now, he doesn't shirk a tackle(unlike McKay), he'd be in my starting 11 every week, and as for Dodoo I don't think he's cut out for the Scottish leagues(I hope I'm wrong) he just doesn't seem to have the fight needed up here

Just now, Billythebear77 said:

He was fortunate not to be sent off, but the boy is what we need just now, he doesn't shirk a tackle(unlike McKay), he'd be in my starting 11 every week, and as for Dodoo I don't think he's cut out for the Scottish leagues(I hope I'm wrong) he just doesn't seem to have the fight needed up here

I think Dodoo did more in 10 minutes than some players have done in as many matches. This player will come good, I'm convinced that he will be a good player for us.

What worries me is the stark contrast to how we play now when reflecting on last season.  Our midfield were the driving force and really did dominate teams - arguably we have strengthen there quite considerably...we lost law, sheils, murdoch, Walsh but brought in windlass, crooks, Barton, Rossiter, niko- we should be stronger. 

Something is is definitely a miss and not quite right...at times rumours do increase and genuinely hope this isn't the case, but Defo make some sense. 

6 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

It isn't the rumours and BS stories that were made that I'm talking about it's the ones that were got right. I do understand what you mean though because of the amount social media attention our club gets something as stupid as RVP to Rangers could be national news just from it being mentioned on a forum.:lol:

Fully agree there will be lots going on. Barry Ferguson said there was loads of fights in training when he was at Rangers but it made the team stronger, hopefully it works for this side also because we need something to kick us up the arse for the rest of the season.

We really do need to keep together and unite as a support at times like this, I hope the players give our fans the performance they deserve which they never got at Hampden because our support has been incredible this season.

I think transfers are slightly different though. I think a lot of those were leaked because some worked or knew people that worked at hotels, airports, restaurants etc so it was a case of putting 2 and 2 together. Also, a lot of transfer speculation didn't actually happen, although I get that goalposts change and the source may not have been incorrect at first. Most people understand that but when there's just so much shit going round, even if people are right once, I tend to err on the side of caution!

To be honest I take everything with a huge pinch of salt. Unless I see it with my very own eyes, or hear with my very own ears I find it hard to believe! The whole Whyte, Green, Easdales, Stockbridge, Bomber, Murray, Ng, Miller, Sarver, Kennedy, SOS, Ashley, Ahmad, Llambias, Mather, etc shit with rumours, counter rumours, leaks etc that went on has scarred me for life! I literally no longer have any idea what is true and not true anymore in that whole episode! Also, before I seen it for myself I was led to believe 4 members of the Barcelona team had almost been killed with a water bottle at the weekend! Turns out it was exaggerrated somewhat......... :) 

37 minutes ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

Or people could just ignore the silly infantile pish on social media where it usually starts more often than not by the unwashed and suddenly spreads to Rangers forums asking if there is any truth in it.

Warburton also never confirmed nothing of the sort,He simply stated there was a heated debate on the training ground

You could ignore the silly singing by opposition fans instead of watching games to be offended and writing to the police.

We could just ignore everything and not talk about or have opinions on anything on a forum.

58 minutes ago, rfc_watp said:

You can see it clear as day.

Can't help but feel Warburtons method of everyone having an input/open debate during training and games is partly to blame for this. Fair enough this can be healthy but it seems things are boiling over and too many clashes are occurring because of it.

The Joey Barton saga is a perfect example of this and maybe other players feel they have a licence to say whatever.

You've hit the nail on the head there.

This David Brent style management, everyone's opinion is respected, everyone has a say, inquests after games is just too airy fairy.

Managers have to be seen as the authoritative figure otherwise things unravel and I think this is what we are seeing here.

The dots seem to connect and it would seem logical for what is happening but it could all be bullshit.

One thing is for sure, if half of these stories are true Warburton will resign (still can't see the board sacking him and paying him off).

I think time plays tricks with us all. If we are hanging our hopes on Harry or MOH or Rossiter then it's clear we don't realise how much less of a player those two are to a Steve Davis or even wee nacho 

there are only a handful of players in the current squad who I hope are the only ones around our club in the next couple of years. These guys like Harry (and I mean no I'll will) are not going to make a great deal of difference. 

Our own fans trying to stir controversy with bullshit, almost as if they are enjoying it.

Forrester heading down South is a strange one with the game on Wednesday though.

Also this training ground bust up, where is the details and quotes that the manager acknowledged this?.

Lastly, Rossiter homesick.... give me a break the boy is from fucking Liverpool, surely not.

2 hours ago, OnwardsandUpwards said:

Agree totally on this point but not getting a chance to prove you are worthy of a starting spot when the manager himself has said it's there for everyone must be galling.

This season certain players have looked out of sorts but continually get picked.Others are getting fleeting cameo appearances or put on in wrong positions.

There is no way of knowing if by bringing in fresh faces it will make a difference but by not doing so we have the tired.predictable performance repeated again and again.

After all Gilks and Hodson haven't done too badly with their opportunities in cup games but up until now have been shunted back onto the bench immediately afterwards.

... but are these same players pushing for a game doing it in training? Have those players done much when called upon ? 

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

... but are these same players pushing for a game doing it in training? Have those players done much when called upon ? 

Did MOH not get 5 assists and then was benched afterwards? What's the guy meant to do? 

Think he's off in Jan, really don't know why we made the fuss of going for him. 

4 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Yep players should be telling the manager what to do - that's what we are missing - FFS! listening to players who have yet to prove any worth - no chance - our players get better ( in folks minds) the less they play! 

Very true.

Aided by the ones who DO play, failing to get better, the more they play!

4 hours ago, cushynumber said:

One of the things that struck me when I seen the line ups was the fact that we had no real subs that could play in midfield on Sunday bar Crooks who is barely fit and only 1 defender on the bench in Senderos who has barely played. Having Forrester on the bench would have least have given some options in that department - yet when Windass went off we had Tav take his place. 

The upshot was that unless you were absolutely shocking or injured, if you started in defense or midfield on Sunday, you were not getting subbed. I know from experience that that type of thing pisses forwards off no end as they feel that unless they are brilliant they are going to get pulled at some point. Miller certainly was not happy.

A more pragmatic manager may have pulled a forward and added a midfielder or defender and hoped for penalties. Certainly with 20 mins to go I was saying to my son "i would take it going to penalties right now". What did MW do? we went with 3 forwards and made ourselves even more open than we previously were. I like MW but he is making decisions that you make in Football Manager - not the SPFL.

Back to his 'going for it' tactic from the Beggardome, again without the players to see it through.

Penalties may have been an option if we'd continued to keep it tight (& ride our luck!).

If Barry playing so poorly cant be displaced, what does that say about the effort levels of players like MOH in training?

Every time ive seen him he looks dis-interested, whats he like in training if thats what he's like with 50,000 watching him?

Barry deserves to be dropped, but who deserves to take his place? Perhaps thats also a question that should be asked.