Your number 1

LiviGer

Your number 1?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Your number 1?

• Gilks
    • Foderingham

Interested to see the results of this. A lot of posts in the Rangers vs St Johnstone match thread have Gilks playing. For me it's got to be Wes. The guy has done nothing wrong to be dropped. Yes Gilks had a good game on Sunday but I think we should be happy that we have two keepers that can be called upon. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought this was a thread about losing your virginity.

It's a tough one, just like trying to find that first one all those years ago.

Wes has improved this season i think and Gilks showed what he can do on Sunday.

Wish we had those options further up the field.

Wes for me.Think he has improved dramatically from last season and put this down to the arrival of Gilks.Great to have such a crucial position well covered.

Wes had a great game in the last Celtic shambles just wasn't afforded the same kind of cover or tactics in front of him.He has saved our bacon on many occassions this season and without some of his brilliant shot stopping we would be even further behind in the table.

He even seems to be more dominant in his area and no longer glued to the goal line at corners.Would go as far as to say he is our most consistent player so far in the top flight and my player of the season so far.

For all these reasons I would be all for him returning as our first choice keeper safe in the knowledge should anything happen we have a more than capable replacement.

4 minutes ago, OnwardsandUpwards said:

Wes for me.Think he has improved dramatically from last season and put this down to the arrival of Gilks.Great to have such a crucial position well covered.

Wes had a great game in the last Celtic shambles just wasn't afforded the same kind of cover or tactics in front of him.He has saved our bacon on many occassions this season and without some of his brilliant shot stopping we would be even further behind in the table.

He even seems to be more dominant in his area and no longer glued to the goal line at corners.Would go as far as to say he is our most consistent player so far in the top flight and my player of the season so far.

For all these reasons I would be all for him returning as our first choice keeper safe in the knowledge should anything happen we have a more than capable replacement.

This is why for me he can't be dropped, he has been our most consistent player this season IMO.

2 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Gilks for me.

Keep seeing people saying Wes hasn't done anything wrong. Nobody is saying he deserves to be dropped based on his performances. They're saying Gilks deserves a chance based on his.

Takes me back to when we had McGregor and Alexander.  Again it seems we have 2 very good goalkeepers.

I'd stick with Wes though.  He's been consistent in his performances in the league and doesn't deserve to lose his place in the team.  Gilks was superb against the scum however and I wouldn't have any concerns if Warburton was to play him more regularly (tu) 

1 hour ago, pollok-bear said:

One conceded 5 goals against the manks the other 1 goal. It's  a no brainier for me. I think gilks deserves a run in the team.i totally understand the defence was well better on Sunday than it was the previous scum game but I still think gilks deserves a run at it.

Gilks would have conceded five as well, pointless argument.