Are you confident we'll finish second?

Gaz52

Are we going to finish 2nd?  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Confident or not?

• Confident
    • Not confident
    • Not sure

Personally, I took more positives from Sunday than I did negatives.

We showed how far we've came in a month, we had glimpses of quality in our midfield and full-backs getting forward. But ultimately we lost to a team that's spent more on one player than we have on our whole squad.

Not saying losing to Celtic doesn't hurt because it does, but now the dust has settled, I think we're in a good position to beat Aberdeen & Hearts to second. We've got a better squad and a better manager than both. The games are coming thick & fast now, a chance to build some real momentum, we'll take 9 points from our next 3 IMO. 

How you feeling towards second place this season and then building on it next?

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We won't Finish second we are not good enough for that, even shite like Hearts are better prepared and look a better team than us.

I think supporters need to be more honest with themselves i've seen nothing on the pitch to suggest we are good enough to finish second.

I'm struggling to take positives from Sunday to be honest, more I think back to it the only real improvement from the last time was the defence not capitulating as badly

I'm not that confident about 2nd yet it will depend on the next few weeks, our next five games before going to Tynecastle on the 30th of November are very winnable and all the dropped points we've had already has left little margin for error

I think we will finish 2nd, in fact, I'm pretty sure we will. 

However, the only way that will happen is if we recruit in January, which Warburton surely must do and surely he knows he has to. Aberdeen and Hearts are nowhere near as good as people make out, we have a much better and bigger squad than those 2, but we need to start showing it and soon. 

Based on what I've seen so far? no.

Our defence looks to have got a bit better from the last taigs debacle or a month or so ago (bar Danny Wilson being a fud at Pittodrie and jumping and missing the ball that led to thier first goal) and part of that is probably our best and most experienced defender Clint Hill getting a run of games to bed in and get upto speed.

But we still have nothing in midfield and attack.

There's nothing to our play. Holt and Halliday found their level in the Championship last year and McKay well less said about him the better - it's been well documented his faults.

Upfront we have Kenny Mller who I feel sorry for. His legs have lost the pace. He's still a good finisher on his day but doesn't get the service and more often than not is forced to come deep and link play then there's no-one in the box because the managers forward 3 means Waghorn is on the wings and Jo Garner looks an absolute waste of almost 2 million.

Absolute disgrace and again, based on what we've seen so far the likes of Aberdeen and Hearts seem like much more solid outfits.

Please don't say we were the better team at Pittodrie a couple of weeks ago. We were but it means nothing. We played well and Aberdeen were so shite but they still beat us - what does that say about us?

14 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Personally, I took more positives from Sunday than I did negatives.

We showed how far we've came in a month

The only difference is we didnt concede as many goals and kept 11 men on the pitch.

in terms of every stat from posession to shots to corners we were worse than a month ago.

Not confident as I've see and heard little to nothing from the squad or management that inspires confidence. 

While I think we should remain positive as a support I don't understand the blind optimism that some have, like it's just going going to happen like we're going to pull the league out our arse out of nowhere. There's nothing to make me think we have a chance at winning or coming second esp with the way the board is going about things

I'll be honest with myself, we will finish second. Get a midfielder who is creative and this team will do a lot better, but as they are just now, despite set backs with injuries, we are improving; our league results in the past two matches have been a lot better, and our performances are much better.  Warburton's budget, in the words of Souness, has him working with one hand tied behind is back, but he is setting basic principles within this set up that in the long run will bring success. If he gets a bigger budget then we are entitled to expect more instant results, but as it is we have to be patient and trust the manager to get it right.

On current form I don't even think 3rd will be achieved.Far too many points dropped against the so called weaker teams to realistically think we could finish 2nd.

After 5-1 game MW said nothing short of a victory in our next game would be acceptable.A dire 0-0 with Ross County followed and he then changed his tone.I can only hope what he tells the players privately isn't what he is saying publicly as that score and performance is miles away from acceptable.As have most been for the last 6 months!

Nothing since that game has inspired me into believing we will finish 2nd.That sucks big time as I am normally a pretty optimistic person.Things are indeed bad when I will head out to watch our famous team hoping rather than expecting to beat the likes of St Johnstone at home.

Very important run of games coming up.If a chance is needed to put together a run of wins and boost confidence then this is it on a plate.To finish 2nd a marker needed to be put down and all the teams up to Hogmanay need to be beaten.

Thing is in our hearts we can do this but how many of us think we can with our heads?To be honest,not me I am sorry to admit.

18 minutes ago, Smile said:

We won't Finish second we are not good enough for that, even shite like Hearts are better prepared and look a better team than us.

I think supporters need to be more honest with themselves i've seen nothing on the pitch to suggest we are good enough to finish second.

I think being 'real' is admitting that Celtic are a lot better than anything else in he SPL and their results each week show that. So measuring us against is pointless 

We dominated Aberdeen at Pittodrie and harshly lost. Hearts have Connor Sammon up front and people are quivering at the thought of them. 

We do need to get real and realise that it's just Aberdeen and fucking Hearts. 

We are currently on a 2 game win streak in the league, a good chance to make it 5 over the next 3 games. Aberdeen will drop points to the tims on Saturday.