• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Can we go to Tynecastle and win twice? No

Can we go back to Pittodrie and win? Doubtful

Can we maintain our unbeaten run at home against the sheep which has stood since 1991? Doubtful

We will be lucky to finish second.

Our away record against better teams in the league is terrble under warburton 

never managed a win at Falkirk or Easter road last year on league business and that has carried on onto piggery and pittodrie this year . Tynecastle still to come next month aswell , if we get a run together then that game will be a major sign of where we are heading this season 

1 minute ago, Gaz52 said:

Dodoo done well at one point, skinned 2 or 3 of them and had a shot on goal that lead to a corner. 

So there was glimpses of quality there

Was that the corner we had with about 5 minutes to go ? Had a bit of hope when we won that , then we took it short and done fuck all with it 

11 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I'll be honest with myself, we will finish second. Get a midfielder who is creative and this team will do a lot better, but as they are just now, despite set backs with injuries, we are improving; our league results in the past two matches have been a lot better, and our performances are much better.  Warburton's budget, in the words of Souness, has him working with one hand tied behind is back, but he is setting basic principles within this set up that in the long run will bring success. If he gets a bigger budget then we are entitled to expect more instant results, but as it is we have to be patient and trust the manager to get it right.

I'd have to dispute that, clearly the points were vital when we'd only won two games before then but the performances weren't that much improved, the Partick Thistle game felt very laboured if they'd had a bit of quality up front they'd have likely got a goal back in the second half and made us more nervous, Inverness became a cling on job in the last half hour or so after we failed to kill them off

Don't get me wrong the two wins and clean sheets were very welcome and we need to keep winning but I thought our deficiencies were still very clear

8 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

We countered on Celtic a good few times on Sunday. Tav played a wonderful pass to Holt who should have made Gordon work at the very least 

Countered Celtic a good few times? like that's a class act from us? fucking hell.

It's OK saying if Holt scored, but flip it and say what if Dembele scored the 2 he hit right at Gilks ... or Sinclairs free-kick off the bar went in ... or the 2 Griffiths cut backs before the goal landed on target with the shots that followed ... crazy logic to use considering Celtic created about 5/6 good chances.

13 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

I'd have to dispute that, clearly the points were vital when we'd only won two games before then but the performances weren't that much improved, the Partick Thistle game felt very laboured if they'd had a bit of quality up front they'd have likely got a goal back in the second half and made us more nervous, Inverness became a cling on job in the last half hour or so after we failed to kill them off

Don't get me wrong the two wins and clean sheets were very welcome and we need to keep winning but I thought our deficiencies were still very clear

That performance against Partick Thistle was like a pragmatic win, in that the win was about the result first. You don't feel confident about finishing second and there is no way I can say that is outrageous, but I feel confident we will. I think we have good enough players, and that we are a good enough side to do that.

Although I posted that second would be a result.  I cannot fucking believe we have a poll about finishing second.  (No disrespect to the author of this.. ) 

We need to get back to our proper position... #1 in Scotland and pushing the best European teams on those very special nights at Ibrox (tu)

1 hour ago, Gaz52 said:

Personally, I took more positives from Sunday than I did negatives.

We showed how far we've came in a month, we had glimpses of quality in our midfield and full-backs getting forward. But ultimately we lost to a team that's spent more on one player than we have on our whole squad.

Not saying losing to Celtic doesn't hurt because it does, but now the dust has settled, I think we're in a good position to beat Aberdeen & Hearts to second. We've got a better squad and a better manager than both. The games are coming thick & fast now, a chance to build some real momentum, we'll take 9 points from our next 3 IMO. 

How you feeling towards second place this season and then building on it next?

How far we've came in a month? Mate wake up, we got pumped last month and we got pumped on Sunday, we basically went into that game conceding we'd lose but just to keep the score down, thankfully for Gilks we managed that but were second best all over the park

8 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

That performance against Partick Thistle was like a pragmatic win, in that the win was about the result first. You don't feel confident about finishing second and there is no way I can say that is outrageous, but I feel confident we will. I think we have good enough players, and that we are a good enough side to do that.

I think we should have a good enough squad for 2nd, easy for us to go on about Celtic having a higher wage bill therefore we can't expect to finish above them but we also have a higher wage bill than Aberdeen and Hearts so people can't have it both ways 

My lack of confidence is based on what we've seen so far but like I said it'll depend on the next few weeks, five games that we should really be winning before going away to Hearts, there's not much margin for error 

41 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

I think being 'real' is admitting that Celtic are a lot better than anything else in he SPL and their results each week show that. So measuring us against is pointless 

We dominated Aberdeen at Pittodrie and harshly lost. Hearts have Connor Sammon up front and people are quivering at the thought of them. 

We do need to get real and realise that it's just Aberdeen and fucking Hearts. 

We are currently on a 2 game win streak in the league, a good chance to make it 5 over the next 3 games. Aberdeen will drop points to the tims on Saturday. 

Aberdeen were awful against and still won, we deserved fuck all from it.