The Gap Excuse

Johnmon

12 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Disagree, a neutral player should be put off with the inherent paedophilia in celtic football club.

There's plenty reasons for a neutral to select us over them even currently.

Good staunch reply, might get you a few likes even though I doubt it's a consideration for most players. 

Feel free to rattle off the list of reasons...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Personally I thought toure was invisible on Sunday 

See to be honest mate, I didn't really notice any of their players. I don't care enough so just see a green and white shirt. That's unless no one stands out and the only one that stood out was brown for make rediculous challenges that went unpunished.

So it hurts a bit more knowing they're not very good at all.

1 hour ago, Johnmon said:

8 of the Sunday Celtic squad cost in total 1.7m. Put aside the three who cost over 3m.

Gordon Free

Tierney No Cost

Lustig Free

Toure Free

Bitton 700k

Rogic 500k

Dembele 500k

Forest No Cost

Total Cost 1.7m

8 of the Rangers squad on sunday

Gilks.....Free

Hodson....200k

Kiernon...200k

Hill....Free

Windass...Free

Holt...78k

Halliday...Free

Tavernier...250k

total 728k

Whats your point?

4 hours ago, Johnmon said:

Time to drop the "Gap" crap. It does not always take money to win a Championship. Ranieri and Clough in England, Ferguson at Aberdeen. They all beat higher spending teams by teamwork.

8 of the Sunday Celtic squad cost in total 1.7m. Put aside the three who cost over 3m.

Gordon Free

Tierney No Cost

Lustig Free

Toure Free

Bitton 700k

Rogic 500k

Dembele 500k

Forest No Cost

Total Cost 1.7m

About the same amount was used to buy Joe Garner. A Preston player purchased on the back of scoring 6 goals in a year. The same total scored by Dembele in 3 games against Rangers and Man City.

My point.... A good manager chooses players very wisely. He Man Manages his men and instills a winning mentality. 

So far, Mark Warburton's player choices and man management have not made the required standard. The money Gap is there for sure, but history has shown that money is not the only way to win at football.

January offers a last chance for Warbs to prove he has the ability. Low cost players can and should be sourced. Deadwood should be shipped. Let us see what you are really capable of.

Why don't you show us how much the whole septic squad cost

My opinion is we can only use it against celtic. For instance, I don't buy the talk from Ally on sky today that this was always going to happen. I think this squad is good enough to finish 2nd and perhaps challenge. I don't think you can blame the lack of investment on the draws with Kilmarnock, Partick etc. That goes down to poor performances on the day. We pay the 2nd highest wage bill and if we're getting value for money we should be beating every other team. We dominated Aberdeen but poor play in the final third and a defensive error cost us points. However in terms of finishing first I think this team has reached its ceiling. And by that I mean last year's team (most of whom played on Sunday). With that team I think the only way we we'd beat celtic would be in a close game like the semi-final last year. I couldn't see us battering them 3,4,5 nil. I'm not sure what our potential is if we have everyone fit (Rossiter, Wilson) or everyone on form (McKay, Waghorn) but certainly based on the two old firm performances so far I think upgrades are required all over the pitch in order to get to where we want to be. 

5 hours ago, Johnmon said:

Time to drop the "Gap" crap. It does not always take money to win a Championship. Ranieri and Clough in England, Ferguson at Aberdeen. They all beat higher spending teams by teamwork.

Gordon Free

Tierney No Cost

Lustig Free

Toure Free

Bitton 700k

Rogic 500k

Dembele 500k

Forest No Cost

Total Cost 1.7m

About the same amount was used to buy Joe Garner. A Preston player purchased on the back of scoring 6 goals in a year. The same total scored by Dembele in 3 games against Rangers and Man City.

My point.... A good manager chooses players very wisely. He Man Manages his men and instills a winning mentality. 

So far, Mark Warburton's player choices and man management have not made the required standard. The money Gap is there for sure, but history has shown that money is not the only way to win at football.

January offers a last chance for Warbs to prove he has the ability. Low cost players can and should be sourced. Deadwood should be shipped. Let us see what you are really capable of.

Don't usually rep low posters but your post is 100% on the money about gap excuse .

Total crock of shite .