Garner

To Be A Ranger

Contrary to what appears to be a favourite subject of many I see a good hard player here. This is a guy that is prepared to put himself about and get stuck in. He needs support. A partner playing alongside and some service from the midfield. He has hardly started a match since he came here but with a run of games he will show he has something to contribute. He has done nothing to be an easy scapegoat. 

Hat trick for him tonight if he plays from the start.

Disclaimer: am no Joe garner

I don't think he is a bad player. 

I just don't think he is at all suited to Warburtons style. Garner to me looks like a striker who would flourish in front 2. I really do think a front 2 of Garner and Miller would work as long as we support them from the flanks. Let Garner do the dirty work and let Kenny use his legs in areas where he's effective i.e in the box, arriving at the back post. I don't care what anyone says but Kenny is still capable of scoring the goals in this league if he is allowed to focus on being a striker.

Garner upfront alone of as part of a 3 playing on flanks etc just doesn't srem to be his game. He strikes me as the type of striker who would relish a wingers crosses etc. And it really is about time we start getting to the byline and putting crosses in whilst flooding the box with midfielders/strikers. This playing in front of teams with no penetration is frankly fucking horrendous to watch now. We ain't get players like Barca do so it's about time we make the most of what we got and stop fannying about with this toothless possession. 

Fast, direct and organised play with a purpose and desire to get in the box. Play like that and I think Garner will be an asset.

13 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Contrary to what appears to be a favourite subject of many I see a good hard player here. This is a guy that is prepared to put himself about and get stuck in. He needs support. A partner playing alongside and some service from the midfield. He has hardly started a match since he came here but with a run of games he will show he has something to contribute. He has done nothing to be an easy scapegoat. 

Hat trick for him tonight if he plays from the start.

Disclaimer: am no Joe garner

Just popped a fiver on that at 28-1 funnily enough. Tonight could be a big night for him. 

31 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

I think he's a good all-round player. 

Needs a run of games.

28 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

A penalty box striker that relies on getting good deliveries into the box and scores a lot of goals with his head.

Playing in a team that tries to walk the ball into the net is never going to suit him.

:541: