• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

Andy Little quotes of the night for me

" If Rangers just get one,They will go on to score 3,4 or 5 "

"Joe Garner is a nice guy and a top striker "

Him and Tom Miller don't half talk some amount of shite.

At least Tom gives some entertainment value. The team dont

3 minutes ago, BigJack1690 said:

At least Tom gives some entertainment value. The team dont

He's paid to commentate not entertain,There was a point tonight we were attacking and just outside the penalty box and the bold Tom was still trying to explain what an exocet missile was.  

In the months after administration, i remember he did quite well for us in the Premier league, had like 6-7 goals or so. I dont know what happened to him ever since, but from what i remember lately, he didnt even manage a single game for Accrington Stanley. 

36 minutes ago, demise said:

In the months after administration, i remember he did quite well for us in the Premier league, had like 6-7 goals or so. I dont know what happened to him ever since, but from what i remember lately, he didnt even manage a single game for Accrington Stanley. 

He struggled in the SPL. He scored a few goals, but I remember thinking at the time that he wasn't up to it.

Preston binned him and Accrington Stanley didn't use him because he's an abysmal footballer; one of the least talented players to have played for Rangers. That's why he's on the scrapheap.

That group - Little, Ross Perry, Kal Naismith, Kyle Hutton - really frustrated me. Younger and better players - such as Fleck, Ness, Wylde, McCabe, etc. - had graduated from the under-19s, played for the first team and moved on (Albeit under disappointing circumstances) before Little and co. had made any sort of impact on the first team. Little was pushing 24 years-old when he got his chance in our first team; he wasn't a Lewis Macleod or a Barrie McKay, he was given a run by default.

Disappointed by our current form? Just think, Little was rapidly found out, rendering him now unemployed and Perry works in the office of a hairdressers; those two made over 50 appearances for our fine club.

1 hour ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

He struggled in the SPL. He scored a few goals, but I remember thinking at the time that he wasn't up to it.

Preston binned him and Accrington Stanley didn't use him because he's an abysmal footballer; one of the least talented players to have played for Rangers. That's why he's on the scrapheap.

That group - Little, Ross Perry, Kal Naismith, Kyle Hutton - really frustrated me. Younger and better players - such as Fleck, Ness, Wylde, McCabe, etc. - had graduated from the under-19s, played for the first team and moved on (Albeit under disappointing circumstances) before Little and co. had made any sort of impact on the first team. Little was pushing 24 years-old when he got his chance in our first team; he wasn't a Lewis Macleod or a Barrie McKay, he was given a run by default.

Disappointed by our current form? Just think, Little was rapidly found out, rendering him now unemployed and Perry works in the office of a hairdressers; those two made over 50 appearances for our fine club.

That is correct, but if you think about it, even with the better players you mentioned - none of them had actually made it big. McCabe got dropped by Sheffield W, and Ness is somewhere in the low leagues of England, trying to stay injury free, aswell as John Fleck. I remember thinking of Fleck, 18 years old at the time, what a talent he was, and thought he will do great for Rangers. Gregg Wylde had recently his debut for Millwall and thats about it. Had those 4 stayed at Rangers, things might have been different for them. Im pretty sure now, given the situation they are in, they wished they never left. If i have to be honest, i only feel sorry for Wylde. Probably because he left in a good, respectful manner. 

2 hours ago, demise said:

That is correct, but if you think about it, even with the better players you mentioned - none of them had actually made it big. McCabe got dropped by Sheffield W, and Ness is somewhere in the low leagues of England, trying to stay injury free, aswell as John Fleck. I remember thinking of Fleck, 18 years old at the time, what a talent he was, and thought he will do great for Rangers. Gregg Wylde had recently his debut for Millwall and thats about it. Had those 4 stayed at Rangers, things might have been different for them. Im pretty sure now, given the situation they are in, they wished they never left. If i have to be honest, i only feel sorry for Wylde. Probably because he left in a good, respectful manner. 

I agree; none of them have reached any sort of heights.

My point was that the likes of Little and Perry joined the youth system at Auchenhowie at 16 years-old and by 22/23, hadn't made any sort of impact on the first team while younger players like Fleck and Wylde had. That's because they were and are shite footballers.

Players from their age category, like Andy Shinnie and Rory Loy, had a bit of ambition and moved on in search of first team football as opposed to hanging around the reserves.

When we were relegated, Little and Perry landed on their feet.

• 2 weeks later...
On Wednesday, October 26, 2016 at 9:02 PM, stevemac said:

Anyone think we should take him back? Releases by Preston, so a free transfer, give a bit of competition for the jersey, I always liked him tbh. As long as wages were cheap why not?

I'd rather have stuart little. 

It sometimes amazes me how poor footballers can get to near the top of the tree, when you think back even to school under 18's whatever there were good footballers everywhere, very few got a sniff of pro action, I know girls/drink/bad company knocks plenty out the equation, but as posted above Little/Perry/Hutton/Wylde should not have been anywhere near Ibrox never mind the first team.

3 minutes ago, pcbear said:

It sometimes amazes me how poor footballers can get to near the top of the tree, when you think back even to school under 18's whatever there were good footballers everywhere, very few got a sniff of pro action, I know girls/drink/bad company knocks plenty out the equation, but as posted above Little/Perry/Hutton/Wylde should not have been anywhere near Ibrox never mind the first team.

A player like Andy Little would have benefited if he had had better players round about him.

On the other hand the last few steps to the first team must be the hardest.

Scouts bring in shite. Mostly pals's acts. Get an apprenticeship, but can't break through because you just can't polish a turd. The real potential is just lost to the game not being the tenth removed nephew of Walter. The game is rotten with it up here. Then we have coaches whom you wouldn't let train your dug and just look after the "faces". If it were the animal world they get done for cruelty. It's no wonder lads just walk away, far less even enter it. 

19 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Scouts bring in shite. Mostly pals's acts. Get an apprenticeship, but can't break through because you just can't polish a turd. The real potential is just lost to the game not being the tenth removed nephew of Walter. The game is rotten with it up here. Then we have coaches whom you wouldn't let train your dug and just look after the "faces". If it were the animal world they get done for cruelty. It's no wonder lads just walk away, far less even enter it. 

100%. Always has been & probably always will be. 

2 hours ago, pcbear said:

I'd say Wylde was slightly above the rest of those you mentioned just because he had pace. 

Played in a role in wining the league at Kilnarnock. Perry and Hutton both truly awful.