Remember Where We Were

BridgeIsBlue

Has anyone really explained why Brentford binned Warburton because it now looks as if their owner knew what was coming and we all know Weir was a failure before we took him back. I am no different from everyone else and totally believed that we were onto a good thing and I think that's what makes our position just now all the harder to accept. He has now lost the support and that makes everything else fairly inevitable 

11 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Has anyone really explained why Brentford binned Warburton because it now looks as if their owner knew what was coming and we all know Weir was a failure before we took him back. I am no different from everyone else and totally believed that we were onto a good thing and I think that's what makes our position just now all the harder to accept. He has now lost the support and that makes everything else fairly inevitable 

Something about a DOF coming in iirc.

31 minutes ago, Dickie said:

I believe the owner wanted to pursue a 'Moneyball' approach, with signings based on players statistics.

MW wasn't having that, apparently.

Bet he wishes he could hide behind that sort of policy now!

FWIW, several folk I knock around with support championship teams like Forest, Leeds, Preston, etc.

All say how well rated MW was, but none of these clubs, despite being serial hirers & firers, apparently went in for him when he was available.