I'm going to ask it

RDFM

There is far too much at steak to not consider our options.  That tonight showed me that we will not not be finishing in the European spots.  That would set us back yet another year which we simply cannot afford to do given we're already one year behind.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I haven't heard his post match interview from tonight but I am sure that I could watch any other one from any other match and it would be the same. Come out and slate the players for being shite. Look for a reaction. If you tell them they are preparing well and doing the right things then they are going to believe that being shite is actually good. Some truths need told to a few of the players and I am not sure that Warburtons a man that can do that

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, kanjo said:

There is far too much at steak to not consider our options.  That tonight showed me that we will not not be finishing in the European spots.  That would set us back yet another year which we simply cannot afford to do given we're already one year behind.

I prefer chicken

Said on another thread id be looking at Frank De boer or gio van bronckhorst. way out of our budget but you'd hope the pull of the club would help. and Frank isn't having a good time at Inter. would rather that than Mcinnes

Just realised that if mw went, bomber brown would be the interim manager. not sure how i feel about that

Just now, simplythebest said:

Warnock is hardly in the same category as them 

Not that I'm calling for us to get him but his track record gets underrated

Warnock is a short term manager. Are we really wanting to rush back to that?

Was it not just a couple of years ago we all bemoaned the chance missed in 2012 to revamp the club with a philosophy and style? 

Are we going to now rip up the work Warburton and his team have done right through the entire club and youth system after 1 and a half fucking seasons? Honestly we are the most impatient fans in the world and it'll bite us on the arse. Its a process, nobody is going to give us instant results and win us the league. Hiring and firing, changing style and philosophy every season is not going to help us.

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Barton back as captain? :pipe: 

Not as captain but Dyche knew how to get the best out of him, I'd have him back right now tbh if I thought Warburton knew how to handle him properly. The whole situation with him seems to have been blown out of proportion by the manager imo 

18 minutes ago, onefootwillie said:

Manager should be given to the end of the season to see where we are. If we are not second then that will have been an underperformance. At that point his position should be considered . I personally think he and the team will come through this rough patch 

Been a rough patch since mid April 

3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Yeah. The balance will tip pretty soon if things don't improve, and with each passing week you become less and less convinced that they can.

It would be different if you could see we were a gnat's hair from things dropping into place.

Instead of which, we seem to keep ploughing the same old furrow, with more or less the same outcomes.

We are a last minute goal & a moment of sheer brilliance away from having 2 wins out of 10.

We haven't shown anything you could really pin your hopes on.

I don't believe changing managers and bringing instability to the club is the right thing just now. My expectations were being able to mount a title challenge in our second or third season up, so as disappointing as things have been lately, I'm not taking it too badly. I think Warburton at the very least deserves to the end of the season. If he can secure us second spot with a cushion, it's been a successful season in my eyes. We were never coming straight up and winning a title. You've been kidding yourself if you believed we were.

1 minute ago, HG5 said:

It would be different if you could see we were a gnat's hair from things dropping into place.

Instead of which, we seem to keep ploughing the same old furrow, with more or less the same outcomes.

We are a last minute goal & a moment of sheer brilliance away from having 2 wins out of 10.

We haven't shown anything you could really pin your hopes on.

No, we haven't. I just keep thinking back to the first 4 or 5 months of MW and think it must still be there somewhere.

I just don't want to be too hasty. It's a risk though. He'll be worth giving a chance or he won't. I'd still give it a bit more time... I think.

14 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Why january window, he'll barely get anything to make a dent, and even if he did, would you trust that he'd learned enough of the scottish game to buy wisely

I'm still living in hope that he'll get a bit of money or will at least be allowed to bring in a couple of high profile loans which will cost us £. 

10 minutes ago, Inigo said:

I'd go with this at the moment, but there are limits.

Aye, I'm stating this on the assumption we don't go on a massive losing run.

7 minutes ago, Zappa6995 said:

Im not being cheeky but he deserves fuck all.

The Rangers support on the other hand deserve everything from effort to answers.

He deserves the season. We aren't a football club who just sack managers. He did what was asked of him last season and I think he'll do what has been asked of him this season - come 2nd.