I'm going to ask it

RDFM

7 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Warnock is a short term manager. Are we really wanting to rush back to that?

Was it not just a couple of years ago we all bemoaned the chance missed in 2012 to revamp the club with a philosophy and style? 

Are we going to now rip up the work Warburton and his team have done right through the entire club and youth system after 1 and a half fucking seasons? Honestly we are the most impatient fans in the world and it'll bite us on the arse. Its a process, nobody is going to give us instant results and win us the league. Hiring and firing, changing style and philosophy every season is not going to help us.

What are we ripping up mate?

A one trick pony with shite tactics?

Our youths at the moment are nowhere near good enough for the first team.

What we are all paying to see is utterly unacceptable, we are a team with no fight and work under a stubborn approach that doesnt work and is making us and our manager now look stupid.

"We will learn from it" "Do Plan A better" -  If it was a tim manager we would be fucking laughing at them.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Inigo said:

No, we haven't. I just keep thinking back to the first 4 or 5 months of MW and think it must still be there somewhere.

I just don't want to be too hasty. It's a risk though. He'll be worth giving a chance or he won't. I'd still give it a bit more time... I think.

Games will come thick & fast after the next international week - I think that will make it or break it.

3 minutes ago, Tav's Bandage said:

What we are all paying to see is utterly unacceptable, we are a team with no fight and work under a stubborn approach that doesnt work and is making us and our manager now look stupid.

"We will learn from it" "Do Plan A better" -  If it was a tim manager we would be fucking laughing at them.

Obviously they aren't good enough, Warburton and Mulholland overhauled it last season. It doesn't change overnight mate, it'll take years to see the results of that.

We simply do not have the money to start chopping and changing. Neilson/McInnes/Wright have all had 3/4 years with their clubs. Warburton has had a season and a half and I'm confident he'll finish above them this season.

Is the wanting to be like Ajax/Porto/Lisbon/Benfica type approach out the window now aye? Lets go back to the days of old, get a bit of experience in who will change everything Warburton has implemented and starting throwing bundles cash about. 

3 minutes ago, Tav's Bandage said:

Harsh but fair!

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

I'm still living in hope that he'll get a bit of money or will at least be allowed to bring in a couple of high profile loans which will cost us £. 

Aye, I'm stating this on the assumption we don't go on a massive losing run.

He deserves the season. We aren't a football club who just sack managers. He did what was asked of him last season and I think he'll do what has been asked of him this season - come 2nd.

I think though it's time someone from the club sits him down and makes it clear that what we are producing right now is not good enough and the players have to be read the riot act(if it hasn't happened already)

4 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Warnock is a short term manager. Are we really wanting to rush back to that?

Was it not just a couple of years ago we all bemoaned the chance missed in 2012 to revamp the club with a philosophy and style? 

Are we going to now rip up the work Warburton and his team have done right through the entire club and youth system after 1 and a half fucking seasons? Honestly we are the most impatient fans in the world and it'll bite us on the arse. Its a process, nobody is going to give us instant results and win us the league. Hiring and firing, changing style and philosophy every season is not going to help us.

Like I said I'm not calling for Warnock was just a general point that i don't understand him being a figure of ridicule

As for the rest I agree with the principle however there's no sign of even slight progress just now, we've been regressing since the turn of the calendar year (April's semi-final aside). There's little or no sign of a philosophy or style anymore, the football might still not be quite as bad as McCoist's timebut that really isn't saying a lot. I haven't changed my mind on what the club needs just starting to have serious doubts Warburton is the man to deliver it (although I stress I'm not calling for his dismissal at this stage)

Rangers fans not being the most patient isn't exactly news, I believe the vast majority were realistic about how much of a challenge winning the league first time back would be. However a massive scrape for 2nd and constantly dropping points at home to the likes of Hamilton, Ross County and St Johnstone wasn't expected and the support won't accept that if it continues, the crowds reaction tonight makes me think the writing is on the wall 

9 minutes ago, Inigo said:

No, we haven't. I just keep thinking back to the first 4 or 5 months of MW and think it must still be there somewhere.

I just don't want to be too hasty. It's a risk though. He'll be worth giving a chance or he won't. I'd still give it a bit more time... I think.

I don't want to rush into anything either but he has to finish 2nd, if by new year we're still trailing 2nd I can't see him lasting the season 

2 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

Like I said I'm not calling for Warnock was just a general point that i don't understand him being a figure of ridicule

As for the rest I agree with the principle however there's no sign of even slight progress just now, we've been regressing since the turn of the calendar year (April's semi-final aside). There's little or no sign of a philosophy or style anymore, the football might still not be quite as bad as McCoist's timebut that really isn't saying a lot. I haven't changed my mind on what the club needs just starting to have serious doubts Warburton is the man to deliver it (although I stress I'm not calling for his dismissal at this stage)

Rangers fans not being the most patient isn't exactly news, I believe the vast majority were realistic about how much of a challenge winning the league first time back would be. However a massive scrape for 2nd and constantly dropping points at home to the likes of Hamilton, Ross County and St Johnstone wasn't expected and the support won't accept that if it continues, the crowds reaction tonight makes me think the writing is on the wall 

Fair doos mate I agree with the middle paragraph, I just wouldn't be so hasty in chopping Warburton. If we were to it would have to be someone with a similar approach and style to him, but I can't think of many who we could tempt.

4 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Obviously they aren't good enough, Warburton and Mulholland overhauled it last season. It doesn't change overnight mate, it'll take years to see the results of that.

We simply do not have the money to start chopping and changing. Neilson/McInnes/Wright have all had 3/4 years with their clubs. Warburton has had a season and a half and I'm confident he'll finish above them this season.

Is the wanting to be like Ajax/Porto/Lisbon/Benfica type approach out the window now aye? Lets go back to the days of old, get a bit of experience in who will change everything Warburton has implemented and starting throwing bundles cash about. 

In Neilson's second season with Hearts at this stage they were first or second in the league I believe. In McInnes' first season Aberdeen won a cup and came second. 

Id id like an approach like the teams you mentioned but the difference is they were actually winning football matches and silverware while doing so, we're not.

37 minutes ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

Vague title but who's arsed?

Im fed up of MW and I wouldn't be opposed to seeing him leave tbh, might be an unpopular opinion but there is no chance he's making it until the end of the season. However the question still remains of who would succeed him, obviously the usual names would get thrown in the hat (McInnes and Davies etc) but who would you have?

Me personally I'd have Vitor Pereira, currently out of the job and would be open to accepting as he did before MW took over (Although he did only accept on the condition we'd beat Motherwell and get promoted)

Alan Brazil.

But in all seriousness, fuck knows.

If we want to challenge the bheggars with nice football then we need to fling money at a new manager ( or Warburton)

I just don't see it happening.

32 minutes ago, onefootwillie said:

Manager should be given to the end of the season to see where we are. If we are not second then that will have been an underperformance. At that point his position should be considered . I personally think he and the team will come through this rough patch 

A rough patch ?? 

Its the longest rough patch I can remember.

Must to be close to the worst ever record for a Rangers team since the Tims Semi and lost a Cup final, hammered at Porkheid and a Semi against them.

Spent money, brought in players and has made it worse.

No point weaving pretty pictures if you can't defend or score goals.

And as an aside players fuckin diving is ridiculous.

5 minutes ago, PRW. said:

I dont expect the youth side of things to materialise straight away, I just meant that its something that can continue to develop if there was ever a new manager and a new one after that etc.

I dont want anybody like Smith, Mcleish, McInnes or any of that nonsense, I just think we should be in a much better position overall than we are.

We are not progressing like we should and our manager is not helping it, the team are a pathetic bunch of cowards and McKays "jump" at the end summed up everything thats wrong. 

Could go on all day but our fans are now in danger of being sucked into this battle for 2nd place shite just like we were mugged off about a serious title challenge.

3 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

I don't want to rush into anything either but he has to finish 2nd, if by new year we're still trailing 2nd I can't see him lasting the season 

Dunno. I think we just have to take it game by game and see how it goes. In principle I'd give him the season, but as I say, this has limits.

Just now, plumbGER said:

Alan Brazil.

But in all seriousness, fuck knows.

If we want to challenge the bheggars with nice football then we need to fling money at a new manager ( or Warburton)

I just don't see it happening.

Agree problems start with the board and I'd love MW to be a success but tbh if the board started throwing money at him I wouldn't be overly happy as his big money transfers haven't exactly been roaring success, although in fairness it's early doors for a few of them.

What has he done to deserve more time?? We haven't just suddenly become shite,we have been shite for nearly a year now. The whole setup tonight was a shambles and he is out of his depth,we aren't brentford(but it's early yet) and that whole play it out from the back is becoming laughable. 

47 minutes ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

Vague title but who's arsed?

Im fed up of MW and I wouldn't be opposed to seeing him leave tbh, might be an unpopular opinion but there is no chance he's making it until the end of the season. However the question still remains of who would succeed him, obviously the usual names would get thrown in the hat (McInnes and Davies etc) but who would you have?

Me personally I'd have Vitor Pereira, currently out of the job and would be open to accepting as he did before MW took over (Although he did only accept on the condition we'd beat Motherwell and get promoted)

McInnes turned the job down before Warburton was offered it.

4 minutes ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

Agree problems start with the board and I'd love MW to be a success but tbh if the board started throwing money at him I wouldn't be overly happy as his big money transfers haven't exactly been roaring success, although in fairness it's early doors for a few of them.

They haven't, but who knows if they are the guys he really wanted?

I like Mark Warburton, he is a good decent gentleman, but i think he lacks the tactical nous required to manage us.

He is struggling with the demands as are the players.

5 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Fair doos mate I agree with the middle paragraph, I just wouldn't be so hasty in chopping Warburton. If we were to it would have to be someone with a similar approach and style to him, but I can't think of many who we could tempt.

Yeah and I don't want us to get into a state where we're chopping and changing every few months, plus Warburton is the kind of man I really would like to see succeed at Rangers. I just don't think people having major doubts at this stage deserve to be dismissed as short sighted and giving up on the philosophy, we've been poor for too long now and the reality is attendances will drop and our financial state will get even worse 

15 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

I think though it's time someone from the club sits him down and makes it clear that what we are producing right now is not good enough and the players have to be read the riot act(if it hasn't happened already)

Absolutely. Stewart Robertson'a responsibility to ensure Warburton is aware.