My way of looking at it....

Make or break time is January for me.

Regardless of where we find ourselves right now, I think we were all fairly optimistic at the start of the season. We looked at this squad and thought that we had the ability within it to mount a challenge for the title, and certainly finish second.

We have overestimated the strength of our squad and at the same time, underestimated the other teams. I think it is safe to say that Mark Warburton has also.

Its clear that some of our players are just not good enough for where we want to be.

It is not time right now to moan about the board not spending, as much as some people do like to vent in their direction. IMO, they would have been in dialogue with the manager and been under the same impression as the rest of us that we had the quality in the squad to deliver to our goals. They cant put their hands in their pockets now as the transfer window is shut. Come January when that window opens, we need to bring in some better players. The board have to fund this.

If we dont bring in some real quality, then they will fall by their own sword.

37 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Does Warburton think 2nd is the aim though? (I know its not ours but realistically this year) he always speaks of the 3 year plan, could it be;

Promotion

2nd

1st

Its not good enough in my eyes, but, it could be his line of thought. 

I think he woke up to the fact he needed a flyer of a start to this season and as ive said before he bought washed up shite during the summer. To me with his standard comments about learning from defeat etc hes a bit like strachan with the scotland job, He doesnt want to walk so hes just sleepwalking through the games in the hope that eventually the board will put him out his misery....but the board just like the SFA wont make that call cos the next manager through the door has already seen the shite he has to work with/been left with and will ask for a decent size transfer kitty to steady the ship.  I think from now till the tarriers game in hogmanay will be the bit our season hinges on..... a few wins and we can even (as much as i hate the fuckin thought) drop points to the harlem bogtrotters and we could still be in course for 2nd place....continue to drop points and that game could be the nail in the coffin for MB with the support.

Some hard days ahead if im honest

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Make or break time is January for me.

Regardless of where we find ourselves right now, I think we were all fairly optimistic at the start of the season. We looked at this squad and thought that we had the ability within it to mount a challenge for the title, and certainly finish second.

We have overestimated the strength of our squad and at the same time, underestimated the other teams. I think it is safe to say that Mark Warburton has also.

Its clear that some of our players are just not good enough for where we want to be.

It is not time right now to moan about the board not spending, as much as some people do like to vent in their direction. IMO, they would have been in dialogue with the manager and been under the same impression as the rest of us that we had the quality in the squad to deliver to our goals. They cant put their hands in their pockets now as the transfer window is shut. Come January when that window opens, we need to bring in some better players. The board have to fund this.

If we dont bring in some real quality, then they will fall by their own sword.

Fairly optimistic with the signings who are you kidding on here many on here were astonished at some of the players we went for and still are.

Just now, Smile said:

The board if they are still here by them won't give or trust him with any more money.

I don't trust that the board have any money even if they wanted to get Warburton a war chest come January. Not that I'm confident he will still be the manager come then anyway.

1 hour ago, Dan Deacon said:

It's not just buying players we need to focus on. We also need to shift dead wood.

I genuinely think we'd be higher up the league and scoring more if we switched from a 4-3-3!!.....it's too slow and laboured!....there's no point having 60 plus percent possession if all we do is pass the ball left to right, right to left.....4-4-2, wingers and TWO up top!!....playing with pace, the likes off garner, Dodoo, MOH etc would score a lot more!. For the record though I know the gaffer won't change his philosophy, and it's going to cost him his job!.

7 minutes ago, Muz333 said:

I don't trust that the board have any money even if they wanted to get Warburton a war chest come January. Not that I'm confident he will still be the manager come then anyway.

This board got in on a lie Warburton success last season saved their arse, this season they will shit all over him and hang him out to dry and hope no shit sticks to them.

2 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

We need to shift Warburton. Not that he will get any cash for players, but I wouldn't trust him with one more penny

An experiment, who just happened to be available, started well & has got horribly out of control.

For me, MW has massively underestimated this shit league by signing so many players from the lower leagues in England. Ok he and the scouting  team have found some good, potentially  great players like Tav, Windass and Waghorn Rossiter although he was a Liverpool player and England unders captain. For me the signing of the older players went against us and has maybe slowed our play down BUT the biggest negative is the stubbornness to try something new like tactics especially at home, let's try something different maybe 2 up top to stop the isolation  of the main striker or you know  stop missing easy chances and giving teams easy fucking goals.

15 minutes ago, Muz333 said:

I fear come January we will be so far behind that no amount of quality signings will rescue the season.

But we need to be in a position to lay the groundwork for next season.

Which the current management have clearly failed to do, despite early confirmation of our promotion.

Not a mistake we can allow to happen twice.

Even if he gets a few million to spend would he buy experienced players coming the end of their careers or get some younger signings that can fit into the team for years to come, but who are tried and tested at a high level.

I've had enough of these 'living on their past reputation' signings.

A lot of our signings over the last two years have been signed based on having potential.  Unfortunately you just don't get away with having so many potentially good players in the teaM.  If anything we are seeing players that we know have qualify looking poor these days (Wallace and dare I say it Barton as well).

I'm only slightly exaggerating when I say this is like McCoist all over again. When are folk gonnae wake up. Warburton is clueless. and supporting him blindly because you  can't envision uz finishing below 4th place is adding to the problem. 

And that goes twice for any idiot still shouting about Dave King and his shower of phonies. 

Cunts need to get a fucking grip. we're cannon fodder here and we've got three hammerings off the fenian bastards on our hands unless something drastic happens. and when we don't even get a European place this season well see who the real fucking dafties are

2 hours ago, Fatman10 said:

For me, MW has massively underestimated this shit league by signing so many players from the lower leagues in England. Ok he and the scouting  team have found some good, potentially  great players like Tav, Windass and Waghorn Rossiter although he was a Liverpool player and England unders captain. For me the signing of the older players went against us and has maybe slowed our play down BUT the biggest negative is the stubbornness to try something new like tactics especially at home, let's try something different maybe 2 up top to stop the isolation  of the main striker or you know  stop missing easy chances and giving teams easy fucking goals.

Last night we played a young midfield to front. There was nothing slow about it. Yes we had a 38 year old CH but the rest of the team was all young or in their prime and the CH position is no longer a problem, that seems to be fixed. We also played a very attacking line up, Holt, Windass, Forrester, MOH, Garner are all very attack minded. Halliday is also attack minded but converted to DM. Yet with all that attacking capability the 4-3-3 was easily nullified

Sometimes I feel like MW is a guy sitting playing a football management game. You know they ones where you used to set out your team formation and set up their tactics and then pretty much don't change them as you watch some commentary on a screen while a 90 minute games whizzes by in about a minute and you try to quickly make some subs around the 60th minute.

There are also parallels to be drawn with PLG's regime and what we are seeing this season. Only we don't have European football to see how this team and tactics would do against european teams. 

The same things are being said week in week out, we are too predictable, too easy to play against, passing and possession all around the first 2/3rds of the field and doing nothing in the final third, no incision, no creativity, players not finding any space in the last third. This is not because our players are not doing what they are being asked, its because opposition managers instruct their players to give us as much possession in our own territory as we want and close us right down in that final third, give no space. You need magicians like Messi, Neymar and Suarez to find space in such congested areas and our players, although not dreadful players, are not those three and frankly are not good enough to play this system in Scottish football..... All in my humble opinion

His post match reaction had a quick snippet where he said "some might say its a point gained" and then quickly he withdrew that.... if he looks at a 1-1 home draw with St J as a point gained he is not learning anything.

Tick Tock