Warbs to Wigan?

Ferris Bueller

7 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

They are absolute wank mate.

Seen most of their semi final aswell and they are rotten.

Mcinnes is not the answer.

Said all along that guys like Davies, McInnes & Neilson would just be a sidewards step.

Each of them maybe offer something Warburton doesn't - and that probably looks appealing at the moment - but they come with their own flaws too and it wouldn't be long before people were bemoaning them too.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

51 minutes ago, Smile said:

Or maybe his stock was not as high as some mentioned on here, Brentford did decide he was not good enough to take them further early on in the season and he was told that.

I never really heard of him before, The Brentford supporter that came on here seemed to hit the nail on the head on Warburtons inability to change or learn from his mistakes.

Brentford and him fell out regards the money ball system or whatever it's called. They wanted it he didn't 

I'm happy with warburton the man, a real class act who is a breath of fresh air as the figurehead of our prestigious football club

as a coach, well, I'm 50/50

i wish he would just get rid of that 4-3-4 that's clearly not working and I believe that will cost him/us in the wks/months to come 

Just now, Gillete said:

I'm happy with warburton the man, a real class act who is a breath of fresh air as the figurehead of our prestigious football club

as a coach, well, I'm 50/50

i wish he would just get rid of that 4-3-4 that's clearly not working and I believe that will cost him/us in the wks/months to come 

clearly

10 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Brentford and him fell out regards the money ball system or whatever it's called. They wanted it he didn't 

And still he managed to to get them into the play-offs while working his notice for about 3 months . I'm sure that many championship clubs would be willing to take a gamble on him repeating this .

15 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Said all along that guys like Davies, McInnes & Neilson would just be a sidewards step.

Each of them maybe offer something Warburton doesn't - and that probably looks appealing at the moment - but they come with their own flaws too and it wouldn't be long before people were bemoaning them too.

Davies is a crackpot.

McInnes, my reasons are known.

Neilson with Levein would turn us into a battering ram.

I want it to work for Warburton but he has to add some flexibility into his footballing philosophy and by that i mean switching formations etc.

His idea of flexibility just now is players switching positions during the games, last night Garner moved out wide left for a bit with Harry inside?

It's ok if you have guys who can do it, but with the players we have and their limited ability, all it does is make us completely lose our shape.

23 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Why if Warburton was to go does it have to be Mcinnes, Davies or Mcleish?

I'm sure there would be a lot of managers interested..

We shouldn't accept mediocrity because us guys on a fans forum cant think of any managers.

It's not about fans not being able to think of any managers. Most people could reel off five or ten managers they would like but you have to be realistic about it.

If Warburton loses his job we need to replace him with somebody who has a pedigree for winning. Managers of that ilk cost money and want money to spend and I doubt the board are going to invest the money needed to attract a big name and I don't think we have the money to give a top manager the budget he would want to work with.

If the board aren't willing to invest in that we are left with a choice between a Rangers man who might take it because they have an emotional connection to the club or managers who have managed nothing clubs their whole careers and can't deal with the demands that come with the job.

Unless invest is forthcoming we are basically stuck between a rock and a hard place if Warburton does end up losing his job.

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

It's not about fans not being able to think of any managers. Most people could reel off five or ten managers they would like but you have to be realistic about it.

If Warburton loses his job we need somebody with a pedigree for winning. Managers of that ilk cost money and want money to spend and I doubt the board are going to invest the money needed to attract a big name and I don't think we have the money to give a top manager the budget be would want to work with.

If the board aren't willing to invest in that we are left with a choice between a Rangers man who might take it because they have an emotional connection to the club or managers who have managed nothing clubs their whole careers and can't deal with the demands that come with the job.

Unless invest is forthcoming we are basically stuck between a rock and a hard place if Warburton does end up losing his job.

So do we just sit tight with what we have a board who invest no money other than loans and a manager who play's the same formation every week win lose or draw? How long can that play out for.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

If Warburton loses his job we need somebody with a pedigree for winning. Managers of that ilk cost money and want money to spend and I doubt the board are going to invest the money needed to attract a big name and I don't think we have the money to give a top manager the budget be would want to work with.

I said last week in another thread that I don't see the board splashing out to finance a new coaching set up again , and any replacement for MW would be either already on the staff or a cheaper version of him who's willing to continue with the restructuring thats ongoing at youth team level .

6 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

If Warburton loses his job we need to replace him with somebody who has a pedigree for winning. Managers of that ilk cost money and want money to spend and I doubt the board are going to invest the money needed to attract a big name and I don't think we have the money to give a top manager the budget be would want to work with.

I agree to a certain extent that we couldn't attract a top name but there's plenty out there who would take job on wages that Warburton is on just now.

I agree totally that soon the board are going to have to make decision re investment, esp if Warburton leaves or gets sacked..

i also agree that Mcinnes, Mcleish or Davies are never the answer..

6 minutes ago, Smile said:

So do we just sit tight with what we have a board who invest no money other than loans and a manager who play's the same formation every week win lose or draw? How long can that play out for.

That's the million pound question because we both know people aren't going to put up with it forever.

Just wondering if we lined up against Killie with a 4-4-2 and failed to win would people praise the manager for changing things from the 4-3-3 or would he get slated for not getting the result?

Its a tough job because it's results driven and we are all armchair managers here but that's the territory that comes with a job,of this magnitude and I hope,Warburton can up his game and get control of the situation again because as a man he's a class act.

6 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Just wondering if we lined up against Killie with a 4-4-2 and failed to win would people praise the manager for changing things from the 4-3-3 or would he get slated for not getting the result?

Its a tough job because it's results driven and we are all armchair managers here but that's the territory that comes with a job,of this magnitude and I hope,Warburton can up his game and get control of the situation again because as a man he's a class act.

I think if we played more games like first half last night bar the easy mistake and he put on subs that enhanced the team rather than slowed it down he would get shown more patience. But second half performance was horrible to watch and the subs just killed the team this has happened too many times now. it's like Groundhog day.

18 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I agree to a certain extent that we couldn't attract a top name but there's plenty out there who would take job on wages that Warburton is on just now.

I agree totally that soon the board are going to have to make decision re investment, esp if Warburton leaves or gets sacked..

i also agree that Mcinnes, Mcleish or Davies are never the answer..

You would easily get somebody who would do it for the wages Warburton is on but how many of them would come with a winning record at the top level and be able to cope with the demands? With the gap between the top leagues getting bigger the whole time it's becoming harder and harder to get proven managers unless you pay them the big money.

I've said it loads of times but I honestly think if Warburton leaves before the end of the season McLeish will get it on an interim basis and the boards hope will be that he gives us enough of a pick up to finish second and then they can play the results speak for themselves, we have no choice but to give him it card come the Summer.

I'm afraid that so far MW has clearly illustrated he is a one trick pony. After last night's dreary and predictable performance which I had to sit through, only confirmed a growing sense on unease in MW's stewardship of the club we love. He has had countless opportunities to rejig his system in order to defeat stubborn defences we encounter, however we remain with the system in which we get the ball down to the 18 yard box and inevitably screech to a stop, play the ball back through a packed defence until it reaches the halfway line or the goalie or one of their team is able to nick the ball and they can all rush out and counter attack, repeat ad infinitum.

We are half way through a rebuilding project. For once, we need to give him time. He's completely restructuring our club and footballing philosophy from the kids through to the first team.

There's simply no-one out there I can think of that would be better at the present time that we could afford. 

I agree he has shown a lack of tactical nous but I believe that will come. He will need to learn from his mistakes and I'm prepared to give him at least this season.

6 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

You would easily get somebody who would do it for the wages Warburton is on but how many of them would come with a winning record at the top level and be able to cope with the demands? With the gap between the top leagues getting bigger the whole time it's becoming harder and harder to get proven managers unless you pay them the big money.

I've said it loads of times but I honestly think if Warburton leaves before the end of the season McLeish will get it on an interim basis and the boards hope will be that he gives us enough of a pick up to finish second and then they can play the results speak for themselves, we have no choice but to give him it card come the Summer.

Tbf, Pereira was to be our manager if we had got promoted last season so they are available..

Mcleish wouldn't be the answer and i'd despair if that happened (tu)