Statement from Club1872.

Virtuoso

41 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Well if your happy only spending the money the club makes then you will be happy battling to see if it's the top 6 or bottom 6. 

The job of the board is to find finance for the club if they don't have it then they have to find someone who has, they have failed miserably at that. 

If King has said that he would provide the cash Warburton needs to challenge the tarriers then yes I agree he has let us down.  But there are people saying he hasn't spent a penny, which is a blatant lie.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, BF2 said:

If King has said that he would provide the cash Warburton needs to challenge the tarriers then yes I agree he has let us down.  But there are people saying he hasn't spent a penny, which is a blatant lie.

He's spent about £1 million actual fees this summer (Garner payment is over 2 seasons). The wage bill has been increased slightly. 

Thats not a lot of money for a club with 44k ST holders and no debt repayments. Especially when it's our money that's being spent.  

As Ive said King is just another lying prick in a blazer we seem to attract them. 

The Players aren't good enough to win this league I think that's obvious by now, but they are a lot better than what we are watching and nothing seems to be changing week on week. That for me is the angersome bit. 

10 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He's spent about £1 million actual fees this summer (Garner payment is over 2 seasons). The wage bill has been increased slightly. 

Thats not a lot of money for a club with 44k ST holders and no debt repayments. Especially when it's our money that's being spent.  

As Ive said King is just another lying prick in a blazer we seem to attract them. 

The Players aren't good enough to win this league I think that's obvious by now, but they are a lot better than what we are watching and nothing seems to be changing week on week. That for me is the angersome bit. 

Yes we're a big club with a lot of season ticket holders, but we're also a club that's just spent 4 years in the lower divisions of Scottish football after surviving financial collapse by a bawhair. 

I'm not a staunch defender of King.  I'm just as annoyed as anyone that he's not gave the manager the financial backing that he promised.  If he didn't have the cash or just wasn't willing to cough up after all then he should've kept his mouth shut before the start of the season.

1 hour ago, BF2 said:

We spent over £2m.  Or are we supposed to go back to spending money we don't have again?

wrong question. The question we should beasking is why dont we have any money?

Are you happy for us to only spend £2million a season for the next 20 years as our rival completes 25 in a row?

9 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

wrong question. The question we should beasking is why dont we have any money?

Are you happy for us to only spend £2million a season for the next 20 years as our rival completes 25 in a row?

Who says we're going to be spending only £2m every year for eternity?  Read what I've said above.  We've just spent 4 years in the pits of Scottish football, earning very little from league titles or player sales.  Would you not rather we rebuilt ourselves carefully and properly rather than spending millions of pounds we don't have just to stop that manky mob winning 10 in a row?

2 hours ago, BF2 said:

Yes we're a big club with a lot of season ticket holders, but we're also a club that's just spent 4 years in the lower divisions of Scottish football after surviving financial collapse by a bawhair. 

Nee naw nee naw nee naw nee naw nee naw nee naw nee naw nee naw nee naw

2 hours ago, BF2 said:

Who says we're going to be spending only £2m every year for eternity?  Read what I've said above.  We've just spent 4 years in the pits of Scottish football, earning very little from league titles or player sales.  Would you not rather we rebuilt ourselves carefully and properly rather than spending millions of pounds we don't have just to stop that manky mob winning 10 in a row?

Well, according to our esteemed chairman - he has tens of millions to pump in over a four year period, we are now in year two of his tenure...so where the fuck is this funding?

Your assertion regarding us being in the lower leagues doesn't stand up when you look at our team and wage bill. It's not about us stopping them getting ten-in-a-row but us finishing at least second in which to qualify for European football and the subsequent income it generates.

Speculate to accumulate :)

1 minute ago, Virtuoso said:

Well, according to our esteemed chairman - he has tens of millions to pump in over a four year period, we are now in year two of his tenure...so where the fuck is this funding?

Your assertion regarding us being in the lower leagues doesn't stand up when you look at our team and wage bill. It's not about us stopping them getting ten-in-a-row but us finishing at least second in which to qualify for European football and the subsequent income it generates.

Speculate to accumulate :)

According to some we should be outspending they cunts and winning the treble this season.

4 hours ago, BF2 said:

About what?

About the results on the park, questioning of the board regarding plans for the next transfer window which is only nine weeks away, Kings previous promises, Warburtons managerial skills, the state of Ibrox, why do we have the second largest wage bill - yet have a team that look like they only met prior to kick off....

Maybe some transparency since the paid hands were screaming about it previously.

Spineless doesn't come close to describing this clusterfuck.

Just now, Virtuoso said:

About the results on the park, questioning of the board regarding plans for the next transfer window which is only nine weeks away, Kings previous promises, Warburtons managerial skills, the state of Ibrox, why do we have the second largest wage bill - yet have a team that look like they only met prior to kick off....

Maybe some transparency since the paid hands were screaming about it previously.

The board helped publicly launch Club1872 and have announced their support for them, so we all know they won't criticise the board.  It's just not going to happen.  There's no point in even complaining about it.

4 minutes ago, BF2 said:

The board helped publicly launch Club1872 and have announced their support for them, so we all know they won't criticise the board.  It's just not going to happen.  There's no point in even complaining about it.

Club 1872 is meant to be independent from the club, what you have described is the opposite of that. Therefore people have a right to complain about it.

2 minutes ago, RyanMac said:

Club 1872 is meant to be independent from the club, what you have described is the opposite of that. Therefore people have a right to complain about it.

Yes it is.  But it's pretty evident that it's not.

2 minutes ago, RyanMac said:

Quotes please...or are you just making shit up to suit your argument?

Take a look at the multiple threads that appear after every bad result wanting everybody sacked or dropped.  You'll see what I mean.

11 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Deluded man.

Even if we had £10m to spend in January, you'd want the board to announce it beforehand? Good bargaining position. 

I don't find Ibrox to be in a state at all, it's clearly having improvement works undertaken. What do you want them to say about it? 

We're 2 points off 2nd place in our first season back in the top flight. Things haven't been great, but it's hardly a disaster. The first season back was always about stabilising and #goingfor55 was a bit of a pipe dream. And what would you want them to say anyway? Warbs out? Tell the managerial team they don't like Barry McKay anymore? 

I was at the game last night, and I thought we played really well first half. Nothing like they just met each other. 

Talk about toys out the pram. How about you back the club and the team at least until the summer when they can reassess. 

Just now, BF2 said:

Yes it is.  But it's pretty evident that it's not.

Take a look at the multiple threads that appear after every bad result wanting everybody sacked or dropped.  You'll see what I mean.

You can't say that there's no point in complaining though when we're being lied to, we have every right to demand this 'independent' organisation fulfills it's duty as an independent fans organisation. A lot of people have spent a lot of their own money on this, if its not what it claims to be then it needs to gtf.