Statement from Club1872.

Virtuoso

4 hours ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

He was on Facebook the other night declaring that wee boy was his "new friend" and asking all the ex players he has on his page to send him a message.

Using a kid to try and make himself look like some sort of hero. The guy is an attention whore.

You could change his name to Novo, yet everyone thinks Novo is a hero for it.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, RyanMac said:

You can't say that there's no point in complaining though when we're being lied to, we have every right to demand this 'independent' organisation fulfills it's duty as an independent fans organisation. A lot of people have spent a lot of their own money on this, if its not what it claims to be then it needs to gtf.

I agree with you, we are being lied to and the organisation in it's current state isn't fit for purpose. 

The OP was asking why Club1872 aren't coming out to criticise the board or the manager and I was just stating that there's no chance of this happening.  Saying there's no point in complaining was probably the wrong choice of phrase.  After all I complain about them every day on here :lol: 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

They never answer it do they. 

Just the usual a fair few on here. 

I'm not going to spend hours scrolling through dozens of threads just to prove a point.  It is simply my opinion that there are some supporters who are being a tad unreasonable, and unrealistic, when discussing what our achievements and spending should be this season, going by some of the comments I've read.

15 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Deluded man.

Even if we had £10m to spend in January, you'd want the board to announce it beforehand? Good bargaining position. 

I don't find Ibrox to be in a state at all, it's clearly having improvement works undertaken. What do you want them to say about it? 

We're 2 points off 2nd place in our first season back in the top flight. Things haven't been great, but it's hardly a disaster. The first season back was always about stabilising and #goingfor55 was a bit of a pipe dream. And what would you want them to say anyway? Warbs out? Tell the managerial team they don't like Barry McKay anymore? 

I was at the game last night, and I thought we played really well first half. Nothing like they just met each other. 

Talk about toys out the pram. How about you back the club and the team at least until the summer when they can reassess. 

So if other clubs know we have cash the price goes up? You know that's bollocks right. 

What improvement work? 

We are 3 off the bottom six, annoying as fuck numbers. If this form continues and I've seen nothing to say it won't we would finish around the 55 point mark. If you seriously think that's acceptable then you have a problem. 

Played really well? A couple of shots on target the usual defensive brain fart then let's pass the ball around the back line,  up the wing and back again.

Anything about the second half? 

And of course we have the usual back the team, predictable rubbish. 

9 minutes ago, BF2 said:

I'm not going to spend hours scrolling through dozens of threads just to prove a point.  It is simply my opinion that there are some supporters who are being a tad unreasonable, and unrealistic, when discussing what our achievements and spending should be this season, going by some of the comments I've read.

Mate, I've not read one post about us wanting to spend 10's of millions and win the treble. 

What I have read is Rangers fans wanting to know why we could only spend just over 1million on fees and a slight increase in wages. When we were told by the new board funding is there and ready. 

We would also like to know why our players are consistently underperforming week after week and why the manager can't see what's staring him right in the face. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Mate, I've not read one post about us wanting to spend 10's of millions and win the treble. 

What I have read is Rangers fans wanting to know why we could only spend just over 1million on fees and a slight increase in wages. When we were told by the new board funding is there and ready. 

We would also like to know why our players are consistently underperforming week after week and why the manager can't see what's staring him right in the face. 

I'd like to know this aswell. 

10 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So if other clubs know we have cash the price goes up? You know that's bollocks right. 

What improvement work? 

We are 3 off the bottom six, annoying as fuck numbers. If this form continues and I've seen nothing to say it won't we would finish around the 55 point mark. If you seriously think that's acceptable then you have a problem. 

Played really well? A couple of shots on target the usual defensive brain fart then let's pass the ball around the back line,  up the wing and back again.

Anything about the second half? 

And of course we have the usual back the team, predictable rubbish. 

Good to know - thanks secret agent. 

Clearly there's been some cosmetic work undertaken, painting, signage and the like. Also much more effort going into the activities in and around Ibrox on game day. 

I never said finishing on 55 points was acceptable. Anything other than 2nd and Warburton has to go. 

All about opinions. I thought we played well first half and could have been in front. Obviously the second half was poor. My comment about the first half was in response to someone saying the players start games like they have just met each other.  

Supporting your team is predictable rubbish? :lol: still can't get my head around how backing the team can be criticised, given the circumstances. Might be the difference between fans and supporters.

I'd give him until the summer to prove himself personally. He has made mistakes, but who hasn't? We've also been dreadfully unlucky with injuries meaning we can't get a consistent team out. 

12 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Good to know - thanks secret agent. 

Clearly there's been some cosmetic work undertaken, painting, signage and the like. Also much more effort going into the activities in and around Ibrox on game day. 

I never said finishing on 55 points was acceptable. Anything other than 2nd and Warburton has to go. 

All about opinions. I thought we played well first half and could have been in front. Obviously the second half was poor. My comment about the first half was in response to someone saying the players start games like they have just met each other.  

Supporting your team is predictable rubbish? :lol: still can't get my head around how backing the team can be criticised, given the circumstances. Might be the difference between fans and supporters.

I'd give him until the summer to prove himself personally. He has made mistakes, but who hasn't? We've also been dreadfully unlucky with injuries meaning we can't get a consistent team out. 

So you agree. ??

So agreed no solid improvement work just cosmetic touches that are already looking tired. 

We started well for about 10mins. 

Criticising fans of not backing the team because we aren't happy with their performance is predictable rubbish. 

He said countless times it's not about the 11 it's the squad and anyone player can drop out without it affecting the team performance. 

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I agree

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So you agree. ??

So agreed no solid improvement work just cosmetic touches that are already looking tired. 

We started well for about 10mins. 

Criticising fans of not backing the team because we aren't happy with their performance is predictable rubbish. 

He said countless times it's not about the 11 it's the squad and anyone player can drop out without it affecting the team performance. 

No. Sense the tone. If you think teams don't hold out for more money because they know another club has cash to burn then you're mad. Is John Stones a £50m player, is Pogba £90m, is Van dyke £12m - no, but clubs knew that the money was there and held out for it. 

So what are you looking for them to do outside of cosmetic work? New stand? Mechanical closing roof?

So we both agree we started well, and were rank rotten in the 2nd half. Not sure where you're going with it... 

Players can drop in and out when you've a consistent winning 11. We don't have that as yet, largely due to injury. 

Bottom line is I am a realist and understand where we are, and what's achievable on a budget. Winning the league isn't. Second place is, and if Warburton doesn't achieve it he'll be gone in the summer and rightly so. 

People wanting him binned now might be the same ones that shouted from the rooftops about how they just wanted as Ajax-esq club philosophy embedded when McCoist was in charge. It takes time, not shortsighted actions (like get Sir Walter back!). The guy has only had 18 months or so to build the club from nothing. I believe in him and what he wants to do. It doesn't make me an 'uber' or a 'happy clapper' just a supporter who buys into his philosophy, and understands that it isn't an overnight thing. 

17 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

No. Sense the tone. If you think teams don't hold out for more money because they know another club has cash to burn then you're mad. Is John Stones a £50m player, is Pogba £90m, is Van dyke £12m - no, but clubs knew that the money was there and held out for it. 

So what are you looking for them to do outside of cosmetic work? New stand? Mechanical closing roof?

So we both agree we started well, and were rank rotten in the 2nd half. Not sure where you're going with it... 

Players can drop in and out when you've a consistent winning 11. We don't have that as yet, largely due to injury. 

Bottom line is I am a realist and understand where we are, and what's achievable on a budget. Winning the league isn't. Second place is, and if Warburton doesn't achieve it he'll be gone in the summer and rightly so. 

People wanting him binned now might be the same ones that shouted from the rooftops about how they just wanted as Ajax-esq club philosophy embedded when McCoist was in charge. It takes time, not shortsighted actions (like get Sir Walter back!). The guy has only had 18 months or so to build the club from nothing. I believe in him and what he wants to do. It doesn't make me an 'uber' or a 'happy clapper' just a supporter who buys into his philosophy, and understands that it isn't an overnight thing. 

No surprise who gave you a like ?

22 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

The guy has only had 18 months or so to build the club from nothing. I believe in him and what he wants to do. It doesn't make me an 'uber' or a 'happy clapper' just a supporter who buys into his philosophy, and understands that it isn't an overnight thing. 

With the second highest level of funding in Scottish football, yet we're nothing more than a mid-table team (at best). 

As for not an overnight thing, you're right it isn't - but he's had 18 fucking months, not 18 weeks or days. It could be argued that even whilst in the Championship, we were a Premier League team so this rebuilding from scratch is utter fucking bollox.

He is either clueless and just speaks the part (which even now, listening to him - bores me to death) or he's incredibly shortsighted and not in touch with the game up here.

32 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

You make a bid on what you think a player is worth, not what you have in the bank or what other people think you have.  Using the loopy world of the EPL as an example of the real transfer market is a bit of nonsense. 

Well that just shows that you haven't a clue. 

Yip 10mins lost our usual brain fart goal and back to the tippy tappy let's go nowhere pish, but if that floats your boat. 

How can players drop in and out of a consistent winning 11, if players are dropping in and out it's not a consistent 11. It's not my philosophy it's Warburton that says it shouldn't matter what 11 starts the stNdard should stay the same. 

So we never win the league again, good to know. 

Playing good football doesn't mean boring everyone to death by keeping the ball for a hundred passes while you go nowhere. 

Can you tell us what his philosophy is in your words, then let Warburton know because I think he's forgot what it is. 

Good debate mate, only thing missing is a good ? 

11 hours ago, BF2 said:

About what?

Funnily enough...how about (as someone just asked on Twitter) and says it far more eloquently than I ever could:

Questions for the paid hands/ errand boys..

John Gilligan:

How much has he invested in the club since his appointment to the board ?
What qualifies Gilligan to hold a Directors position at our great club?
Does he receive payments of any kind from our club, and if yes how much?
How gullible were you lot to cheerlead this Brewery Employee into our club simply because he was Paul Potless' friend?
You are culpable in our clubs misfortunes by backing this guy onto the board.

Paul " Potless" Murray:

What qualifies Potless to hold a Directors position at our great club considering his past failures?
How gullible were you lot to cheerlead this conman back into our club?
You are culpable in our clubs misfortunes by backing this guy onto the board

Dave "The Liar" King:

Why have we went backwards under his Leadership?
How gullible were you lot to cheerlead this conman back into our club?
You are culpable in our clubs misfortunes by backing this guy onto the board

" By your deeds"

I notice that this thread has been avoided by those usually in favour of C1872. Maybe they'll put their head above the parapet now that they're being called out....

...or maybe Craig Houston is still having IT issues that doesn't allow him to register for RM and answer;  whilst Chris Graham (the media whore) has never re-registered :rolleyes:

'By your deeds' indeed.

12 hours ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

He was on Facebook the other night declaring that wee boy was his "new friend" and asking all the ex players he has on his page to send him a message.

Using a kid to try and make himself look like some sort of hero. The guy is an attention whore.

Houston has a history of that kind of stunt. All sneakily orchestrated so he can gain favor among the educated fans who cant fuckin stand him.

Remember the cleaning up of Bill Struth's memorial stone where he was prominent at the initial photo shoot but had fuck all to do with the actual task.

The guy is a leech