McKay's position last night

Gaz52

Did Warburton tell him to play as a defensive midfielder or did he just decide to do it? 

He has a good range of passing, I don't think he's suited to be a winger, he seems more of an attacking-midfielder to me. He was quite comfortable picking the ball up and carrying it forward, looking to get balls in behind which was more than Halliday & Windass done the whole night. 

I'd like to see him as part of the midfield 3 with O'Halloran up top on Saturday. 

A certain Paul Scholes was always crucified for his tackling abilities as well but it didn't stop him being a terrific footballer. 

You take the good with the bad. 

I worry that he's going to be constantly vilified until his confidence is completely ruined and it's the fans that are doing it to him. We need to learn to get behind our young players and encourage them instead of 'aw he made a mistake he's shite'

Charlie Adam springs to mind when thinking about a young Scottish player with talent who's confidence was ripped to shreds by our support. All because he was played as a left winger and he dared to try something different and make mistakes. 

Look at taig and the way they go on about their youngsters and they end up getting a shit-load of money for them. 

The lack of patience within our support is brutal. No-one is the finished article overnight 

5 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

A certain Paul Scholes was always crucified for his tackling abilities as well but it didn't stop him being a terrific footballer. 

I worry that he's going to be constantly vilified until his confidence is completely ruined and it's the fans that are doing it to him. We need to learn to get behind our young players and encourage them instead of 'aw he made a mistake he's shite'

Paul Scholes could get away with being a poor tackler because otherwise he was a world class player.

It's not that McKay is bad at tackling, it's that he just doesn't do it.

I dont want him in the team at all and shoehorning him into midfield because he has a decent pass on him overlooks the fact that most other qualities you need in midfield such as work rate, tackling, headering the ball and dig - well he doesn't actually possess them.

I was appalled that he came on at all last night never mind in midfield.

7 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Where's the good been with McKay he's been awful since semi last year

13 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Did Warburton tell him to play as a defensive midfielder or did he just decide to do it? 

He has a good range of passing, I don't think he's suited to be a winger, he seems more of an attacking-midfielder to me. He was quite comfortable picking the ball up and carrying it forward, looking to get balls in behind which was more than Halliday & Windass done the whole night. 

I'd like to see him as part of the midfield 3 with O'Halloran up top on Saturday. 

So you want a midfielder that is a shitbag and jumps out of every tackle. 

The spineless wonder should've been sacked this morning. 

7 minutes ago, TheBluebells said:

If he played with The skill we know he has the shitebag element of his game wouldn't be such an issue. 

I liked that he was coming to get

the ball, everyone else was hiding at times. 

He was coming to get the ball in safe areas where he had plenty of space. He wasn't looking for the ball when there was any pressure on him. Having said that, as he rarely goes past his man, the wing clearly isn't the position for him. A midfield role may well be worth continuing with.

1 minute ago, left winger said:

He was coming to get the ball in safe areas where he had plenty of space. He wasn't looking for the ball when there was any pressure on him. Having said that, as he rarely goes past his man, the wing clearly isn't the position for him. A midfield role may well be worth continuing with.

Playing the biggest shitebag in our team in the middle of the park would be a dreadful decision IMO.

5 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I dont want him in the team at all and shoehorning him into midfield because he has a decent pass on him overlooks the fact that most other qualities you need in midfield such as work rate, tackling, headering the ball and dig - well he doesn't actually possess them.

I was appalled that he came on at all last night never mind in midfield.

No one else in our midfield has they attritbutes either, so why does it matter 

8 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Your seriously comparing Scholes to McKay ??????????

Scholes might not have been the best tackler in the game but I never saw him act like a wee Shitebag, I always saw him try and give 100% everytime he stepped on the pitch. 

McKay couldn't even buy the laces for Scholes boots never mind actually lace them. 

If hes not good enough hes not good enough, simple as that. Personally I think Windass, Halliday, Holt and Forrester are better options in the midfield, still got Crooks and Rossiter to get a decent crack at it. I would rather give them the chance in the midfield ahead on McKay.

Just now, LiviGer said:

If hes not good enough hes not good enough, simple as that. Personally I think Windass, Halliday, Holt and Forrester are better options in the midfield, still got Crooks and Rossiter to get a decent crack at it. I would rather give them the chance in the midfield ahead on McKay.

Forrester was honking last night 

1 minute ago, WGOH said:

No one else in our midfield has they attritbutes either, so why does it matter 

I dont really think that true. Windass. Halliday and Holt at least give everything they had in term of workrate, tackling and dig. It may not be enough, but its far more than Mackay would bring to the table.

3 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Playing the biggest shitebag in our team in the middle of the park would be a dreadful decision IMO.

It may well be. However, as we are playing shite at the moment I wouldn't get too fussed if our manager actually tried something different.

Just now, WGOH said:

Forrester was honking last night 

Played in the front 3 did he not? Lets be honest he wasn't the only one. The point I was making is that IMO we have 6 midfielders that should be playing in the midfield 3 (If MW continues with this system) ahead of McKay.