Give Me Hope Joe Garner

Smile

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 28 October 2016 at 10:32 PM, burnbank bear said:

It's called knowing a good player when you see one ya fud ! Falling on your arse and diving into players for 1.5 million is not for me but you keep hoping 

Going by your criteria and vision, no doubt, you wrote off Cristiano Ronaldo at United? He was pish for about two seasons, you know.. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 30/10/2016 at 0:21 PM, johanhentze said:

Going by your criteria and vision, no doubt, you wrote off Cristiano Ronaldo at United? He was pish for about two seasons, you know.. 

I'm sure Ronaldo still showed more for United than Garner has for us.

I hate that attitude too that because someone did two years (if that's what happened, I can't mind) then every single player we sign that's shite can come good too. Some people are just shite/not a fit/bad buys .. we can't keep playing players for 2 years hoping they might come good.

I do agree some fans (including myself) can be too quick to judge but it's still ridiculous to just assume/hope all shite players will come good and all criticisms are unjust.

Why do people always use extremes.

We will win the league on a pittance compared to our rivals because Leicester done it once.

Garner shouldn't be written off because a teenage Ronaldo only managed about 15 goals from 60-70 games his first couple of years at Man U as a winger. Give him a couple of years when he'll be about 30 and he might get there.

The lower English leagues is great to buy from because Jamie Vardy came from there and we can find another like him.

When we win with a last minute goal it's ok because Man City do that sometimes.

When we lose/drop points to some relegation midden of a team it's ok because Barcelona dropped points around that time to some duff team in their league also.

When we struggle to break down another relegation midden of a team it's ok because Barcelona struggle too sometimes and we play similar style of play (lol) to them.

Seriously give it a rest and just admit when players/games are shite and stop trying to fool yourself/others with garbage.

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Glad All Over.

Another song that's copied from Palace and Man City that's all over social media.

I know songs get copied but deary me do these people just trawl the internet for our players names to fit in.

A bit of originality please or just forget it

On 30/10/2016 at 5:21 AM, johanhentze said:

McCoist was shit when he joined us, took a while to settle, thankfully no Internet back then.  Would like to see Garner and Dodoo get a wee run together.  Garner seems to be struggling with the system and is trying too hard,  hence the theatrics.  Hoping he comes good but not sure it will.  

Dodoo must start a few games now, also written off by the RM experts but took his two goals very well.

3 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I'm sure Ronaldo still showed more for United than Garner has for us.

I hate that attitude too that because someone did two years (if that's what happened, I can't mind) then every single player we sign that's shite can come good too. Some people are just shite/not a fit/bad buys .. we can't keep playing players for 2 years hoping they might come good.

I do agree some fans (including myself) can be too quick to judge but it's still ridiculous to just assume/hope all shite players will come good and all criticisms are unjust.

I bet Man Utd were saying the same thing, eh? You cant stand an attitude of giving people a chance? "Shite players" might turn out not being shite after all, you know.

I truly hope garner turns out to be a good yin and that im wrong about him.

Whether its the system or hes just shite, time will tell. I know we have to give him some more time.

Weve had bad experiences before with strikers before in Egil Ostenstad, but he was a free and we sacked him even though he did score a goal or maybe it was two, canny remember and also Franny Jeffers who was a loan player. I hope Garner doesn't join that list as the most expensive dud or the song could change to

get to fuck Joe Garner, geez our money back.

19 hours ago, Bobby Hume said:

On his current form it won't be long before it's "Give me strength Joe Garner" .... or ... "Gimme a break Joe Garner"..... <cr>

:uk:

on his current form it will soon be

"get to fuck, Joe garner,

Get to fuck Joe Garner,

Get to Fuck Joe garner

when the morning comes...."