Leipzig

Carsons Dog

26 minutes ago, GOAT said:

I'm hoping to get to this, done the Hamburg one the last time and there was around 1,000 of us.  I reckon there will be 2-3,000 this time due to being a while since we've been in europe. 

Can't see those numbers again. Hamburg was around the same time a few years ago wasn't it? it will be too soon after Christmas to get 3K over for a friendly.

Hamburg wasn't the best. Much better places in Germany than that. 

Berlin's meant to be a cracking city (I'm going in April for 4 nights), everyone going will have a blast. Germany is just a shit-hot country in general. 

7 minutes ago, the goal machine said:

Already booked up to go to Hamburg in January otherwise I'd be all over this :anguish: Never been to Leipzig but Berlin's fucking amazing so if Bears are staying there, they'll have a ball.

That's only 3 hours away on the train so if the dates match up you can do both. 30 euro return trip. BadJon working for germany's railways:wink:

15 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Can't see those numbers again. Hamburg was around the same time a few years ago wasn't it? it will be too soon after Christmas to get 3K over for a friendly.

Berlin's meant to be a cracking city (I'm going in April for 4 nights), everyone going will have a blast. Germany is just a shit-hot country in general. 

I love Hamburg, only thing I'd maybe be critical about it that it's a tad pricey, but being a bear in pubs like the tankstelle etc they are brand new and really welcoming.

3 minutes ago, KyleBJK said:

I love Hamburg, only thing I'd maybe be critical about it that it's a tad pricey, but being a bear in pubs like the tankstelle etc they are brand new and really welcoming.

That was my gripe to be honest. Everywhere was wanting Rangers fans in .. had their banners and flags in the window welcoming us but the prices were hiked. 

We were a cash cow.

Guys in the Tankstelle really nice but think it was £5 for a bottle of local beer? c'mon.

You pay those prices in nice parts of Milan, London, Amsterdam etc. Hamburg? nah not for me.

I didn't have a bad time, just think other places in Germany were so much better and I've been to Germany about 15 times for games - saying that where Schalke played is a lot worse than Hamburg. 

39 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Rather they didn't touch any football club in the world mate. Fans don't fear them nor are they jealous of them, no respectable set of fans would let them touch their club. Hence how they were rejected all over Germany before settling for a 5th division club. 

I'd love a cunt to fire £50million in to our club, unfortunately thats not what the only thing they do. Nor would it be our club anymore.

Fair enough for having principals mate, I'm a little more pragmatic, in a literal sense, fans, ie the fan base, have never owned our club, nor since the days of Mr Marlborough have we had worthy owners, no expert on what red bull have done to clubs in their control, other than the obvious branding impositions that would obviously be problematic, but its our club in our hearts and minds and always will be, dont see what they could do, hypothetically, that would change that.

Obv branding and name changes would be a serious issue, but they'll just have to accept changing the silver for white, changing the shade of blue whilst changing their entire corporate identity to Fuck The Tarriers GmbH:craphead:

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

That was my gripe to be honest. Everywhere was wanting Rangers fans in .. had their banners and flags in the window welcoming us but the prices were hiked. 

We were a cash cow.

Guys in the Tankstelle really nice but think it was £5 for a bottle of local beer? c'mon.

You pay those prices in nice parts of Milan, London, Amsterdam etc. Hamburg? nah not for me.

I didn't have a bad time, just think other places in Germany were so much better and I've been to Germany about 15 times for games - saying that where Schalke played is a lot worse than Hamburg. 

Fair enough, I loved it but I do get where you're coming from to be fair.

Germany as a whole is great, cologne is an absolutely amazing place

anyone planning a trip from The Midlands.....FRIDAY 13th East Midlands to Berlin with Ryanair at 6.45am returning from Berlin on Monday 16th at 15.15 pm is £27.99 RETURN. Trains take approx 2 hours from Schonefeld airport to Leipzig central station with one change at Berlin Central Hauptbanhof.loads of cheap hotels in Leipzig on booking.com (no advance payment needed) start around £50 for the 3 nights. .I have got 3* Nordic Hotel in city centre for £135 for a double ensuite room (for the 3 nights). brekkie is just 6 euros per day extra. this hotel has bus stops right outside and tram stop is 500yds away.(4 stops to Leipzig Central station). local travel is FREE with your hotel card! Have a good trip Bears...see you there.

Jim.

8 hours ago, KyleBJK said:

Fair enough, I loved it but I do get where you're coming from to be fair.

Germany as a whole is great, cologne is an absolutely amazing place

I'm going to Bochum in April or may and it's close to cologne so will go there too. My mates in Germany say colognes very expensive and Gay :lol:

8 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I'm sure Hamburg was November?

i get what your saying but I really enjoyed Hamburg.  The crowd and the game was shite (it was a friendly after all) but the trip was brilliant for me.

3 minutes ago, GOAT said:

I'm sure Hamburg was November?

i get what your saying but I really enjoyed Hamburg.  The crowd and the game was shite (it was a friendly after all) but the trip was brilliant for me.

Aye the trip and some of the things that went on were good but it was just a pretty shite place and it wasn't near the eindhoven one and there was fuck all to do there either :lol:

Just now, Rfc52 said:

Aye the trip and some of the things that went on were good but it was just a pretty shite place and it wasn't near the eindhoven one and there was fuck all to do there either :lol:

We stayed in the dam for Eindhoven, now that was a brilliant trip. :D 

2 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

I found that myself there wasn't really much to do & the nightlife ain't the best, -and the stinking romanian pickpocketers make you want to leather everyone of their cunts in!