*** Commemorative medals - now back in stock!!!

govanblue

I’m delighted to inform you that the highly-popular Commemorative medals are now back in Stock – but stocks are limited - so don't hang about!

Commissioned by the County Armagh RSCs to raise money for Rangers-Family Causes, these medals have been massively successful, and the medals have raised many tens of thousands of pounds.  Current proceeds go to the Rangers Former Players Benevolent Fund – a great cause which was so dear to the heart of our very own Colin Jackson.

There are 4 medals available:

• Barcelona 40th Anniversary (2012) - £15
  • SFL League Division 3 (2013) - £12
  • SPFL League 1 - (2014) £12
  • SPFL Scottish Championship (2016)- £12

That’s the cash & collect at Ibrox price.  Or you can have them posted to you for an extra £3)

PM me and let me know what you want.  (tu)

Orders:

@stafford - 1 x Barca

@Dunny_01 - 1 x Div 1

@Carsons Army - 1 x Barca PAID. COLLECTED

@NamibianBear - 2 x Championship

@ianb1547 - 1 of each

@plumbGER - 1 Barca PAID. COLLECTED

@AussieGers (RR) - 1 x Barca  POSTED, NOT PAID

@Lewdbear72 - 1 x Barca

@To Be A Ranger - 2 x Barca PAID. COLLECTED

@Mansion - 2 x Barca

@fuckthespl - 1 Barca

@Almacger - 1 x Barca, 1 x Div 3 - PAID. COLLECTED

@Bobby Hume - For Joshua Raffle

@Scottyscott1963 - For Joshua Raffle.   PAID.

@Scottyscott1963 - 1 Barca, 1 x Championship - PAID. COLLECTED

@geneva_ger - 1 x Div 3

@The Lone Ranger - 2 x Barca - PAID.  COLLECTED

@Kingtom80 - 1 x Barca, 1 x Championship

@CM72 - 1 x Barca

@oldskoolblue (RR) 1 x Barca, 1 x Div 3 - Post.

Anyone else who thought they were on the list, but aren't you'd better PM me.

----------------------------------------------------------

ECWC40thMedal_zps767138c6.jpg

Div3_Medal_zps132940f8.jpg

Div_1_Medal_zps966c557c.jpg

ChampMedal2016_zpsjbptwcwa.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, pcbear said:

The 24,701 attendance in Barcelona seems low.

At a time when charter flights were virtually unheard of, and not very affordable, and most ordinary folk were struggling to make ends meet, and didn't even have a passport, it was a very impressive number. 

Compare with the two previous finals...

1969–70 Manchester City 2–1 Górnik Zabrze - Prater Stadium, Vienna 7,968
1970–71 Chelsea 2–1 Real Madrid - Karaiskakis Stadium, Athens 19,917

Bump.

The good gentlemen of County Armagh RSCs have advised me that they are going for one final push with the medals, and then that will be that - no more will be available - until 55 of course. (tu)

So for those of you who haven't got the full set, or any at all, or who want some more for friends and family (Christmas and all that!) - well you'd better hurry up and PM me, before I put my final order in.

ps - County Armagh RSCs will be presenting another Big Cheque on the pitch very shortly for the Rangers Former Players Benevolent Fund - so keep your eye out for that - that's the proceeds from these medals. (to date, I think they're in the region of £50,000 or thereabouts) :21:

This is an old article, they've raised far more than that now, but as always, they're pretty camera-shy. Hopefully we'll get a new Big Cheque picture soon.

Barca_Medal_Cheque_zpsd022c33a.jpg

Since December 2013, RangersMedia members have bought over 400 medals, contributing about £5,000 towards their grand total. (tu)

So not only can you be proud to be a part of that, but you've also got some cracking medals!! :21:

• 2 weeks later...

Last Shout for Your Medal Orders.

The perfect Christmas present for anyone who supports Rangers!

Order yours now, or regret it for ages!

Current Orders:

@stafford - 1 x Barca

@Dunny_01 - 1 x Div 1

@Carsons Army - 1 x Barca

@NamibianBear - 2 x Championship

@ianb1547 - 1 of each

@plumbGER - 1 x Barca

@Lewdbear72 - 1 x Barca

@To Be A Ranger - 2 x Barca

@Mansion - 2 x Barca

@fuckthespl - 1 x Barca

@Almacger - 1 x Barca, 1 x Div 3

@Bobby Hume  and @scottyscott1963 - 1 x Barca, 1 x Div 3, 1 x League 1, 1 x Championship  - For Joshua Raffle

@scottyscott1963 - 1 x Barca, 1 x Championship

@geneva_ger - 1 x Div 3

@The Lone Ranger - 2 x Barca

@kingtom80 - 1 x Barca, 1 x Championship

@CM72 - 1 x Barca

@AussieGers (RR) - 1 x Barca

Anyone else who thought they were on the list, but aren't you'd better PM me. (tu)

8 hours ago, rocky said:

A further cheque for £10,000 was presented at half time  Aberdeen game on Saturday.

Donated to Rangers Former Players Fund and accepted by John Greig and Peter McCloy,both trustees of the fund.

Fantastic! :clap:

I was in the loo, so I missed it! :(

Please give us a pic when you get one. (tu)

25 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

How do I send the money for 2 Barca commemorative medals to you GB ? ...... 

I would like you to add them to the raffle for Joshua's Fund as prizes.

:uk:

Well done Bobby
Will go along the same lines mate.
if govanblue keeps 2 CWC and 2 of the Championship 2016 medals and keep one of each for the raffle.
Will PM govanblue shortly with details.
Well done mate :uk: 

11 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Well done Bobby
if govanblue keeps 2 CWC and 2 of the Championship 2016 medals and keep one of each for the raffle.

Good on you mate also ..... it will benefit both of these good causes.

46 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

How do I send the money for 2 Barca commemorative medals to you GB ? ...... 

I would like you to add them to the raffle for Joshua's Fund as prizes.

16 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Well done Bobby

3 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

Good on you mate also ..... it will benefit both of these good causes.

Exactly!

Normally I would have said "no, don't spend any money on raffle prizes, because that money would be better going to Joshua than going to Amazon or Victoria Wine or whatever."

But in this case, the money you spend will go to straight to the Rangers Former Players Benevolent Fund - so how can I argue with that? :D

Would it be better to list them as two prizes, or you two club together to make one bigger, more attractive prize, ie one of each of the 4 different medals?

18 minutes ago, govanblue said:

Exactly!

Normally I would have said "no, don't spend any money on raffle prizes, because that money would be better going to Joshua than going to Amazon or Victoria Wine or whatever."

But in this case, the money you spend will go to straight to the Rangers Former Players Benevolent Fund - so how can I argue with that? :D

Would it be better to list them as two prizes, or you two club together to make one bigger, more attractive prize, ie one of each of the 4 different medals?

Sounds like a plan to me GB.
A group of the 4 medals could do well.
If Bobby is in agreement i'll send you £27 for 2 medals for this and another £27 for 2 medals for myself and can pick them up Saturday. 

15 minutes ago, govanblue said:

Exactly!

I think it is best to be separate as it allows more money going into one cause, and also attracts more people to the raffle due to more chance of winning a prize ..... hopefully increasing Joshua's Fund also. 

BH = 30 pounds - 2 @ 15

SS = 54 pounds - 2 @ 15 + 2 @ 12 ..... I think/hope I have read Scotty's purchase requirements correctly .... 2medals for the raffle and 2 for himself ..... (tu)

total = 84 pounds.

By putting in a full set it would only be 51 pounds, depriving the players of a much needed 33 pounds.

4 separate prizes seems fairer than one if I have my sums correct ..... depending on ticket price of course.

If not ..... then yes I would split the costs with Scotty no problem for the full set to be offered as a prize ..... sorry if this complicates things.

11 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

I think it is best to be separate as it allows more money going into one cause, and also attracts more people to the raffle due to more chance of winning a prize ..... hopefully increasing Joshua's Fund also. 

BH = 30 pounds - 2 @ 15

SS = 54 pounds - 2 @ 15 + 2 @ 12 ..... I think/hope I have read Scotty's purchase requirements correctly .... 2medals for the raffle and 2 for himself ..... (tu)

total = 84 pounds.

By putting in a full set it would only be 51 pounds, depriving the players of a much needed 33 pounds.

4 separate prizes seems fairer than one if I have my sums correct ..... depending on ticket price of course.

If not ..... then yes I would split the costs with Scotty no problem for the full set to be offered as a prize ..... sorry if this complicates things.

Yes it complicates things. :P

And yes, you've done your sums wrong. :P

SS would still be buying two medals for himself (£27), no matter which arrangement we went with. :sherlock: 

Wait till B&F Forum hear about this! :P