Harry Forrester

Prso's headband

Surprised there hasn't been a thread made yet. Not just basing this on the fact he won us the game but I struggle to understand why he doesn't start either as a CAM or winger. He changed the game when he came on and always wanted the ball and always fought for it as well. 

I like him a lot and he would start every game for me. He ran the show against Dundee last time round until he had to be taken off cause he would've been sent off and hadn't been seen since bar a few sub appearances I think. 

His celebration was just borne out of pure frustration of not playing IMO. Just his general body language after he scored and rightfully so. I think he's a good player. Maybe not as good a game changer as Windass might become but I think he should be starting.  

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

Surprised there hasn't been a thread made yet. Not just basing this on the fact he won us the game but I struggle to understand why he doesn't start either as a CAM or winger. He changed the game when he came on and always wanted the ball and always fought for it as well. 

I like him a lot and he would start every game for me. He ran the show against Dundee last time round until he had to be taken off cause he would've been sent off and hadn't been seen since bar a few sub appearances I think. 

His celebration was just borne out of pure frustration of not playing IMO. Just his general body language after he scored and rightfully so. I think he's a good player. Maybe not as good a game changer as Windass might become but I think he should be starting.  

No.. good impact player and can't see him being anything other than that

A regular topic on here.

This week it's Forrester who should start every game.

Last week it was MoH.

One or two good game does not a season make.........what we need is on form players fighting for all the team places, yet we can't seem to get consistent performances in any position, and I'm sure this was one of Mr Warburton's basics......

Just now, tannerall said:

A regular topic on here.

Last week it was MoH.

One or two good game does not a season make.........what we need is on form players fighting for all the team places, yet we can't seem to get consistent performances in any position, and I'm sure this was one of Mr Warburton's basics......

Spot on , none of them have consistency or motivation to perform every week.

5 minutes ago, tannerall said:

A regular topic on here.

Last week it was MoH.

He hasn't had the chance... IMO. You had Barrie Mckay starting 12-15 games on the trot before he was dropped. Forrester has had 4 appearances, I'm not sure how many have been starts, in the league this season, and scored twice. He deserves a run of games. 

He always wants to make things happen and never shys away from the ball. Could cause some serious problems if he was given 90 minutes

Love his energy and the way he does take a shot at almost every opportunity he can.  Doubt about his temperament but that could be frustration.  I personally would give him a run of starts as I think he contributes more than KM who I admire.  He kind of plays the same way as him but IMO he will give us more options for our attacking play.

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Forrester started against Kilmarnock, St Johnstone and Aberdeen since that Dundee game and offered nothing. Scored against Motherwell in another start but wasn't anything great. Seems to be a lot of revision of his performances and starts this season on here. Started 10 games in total this season.

That being said he should start more often not but has to deliver, which he hasn't consistently.

He's a number 10 for me,his best games came in that free role just behind the striker last season just before he got injured and has barely played in that position since.

Like Waghorn and to an extent O'Halloran he's not as good in that wide position but the manager seems pretty determined to keep playing them there.

I like wee Harry, he always looks like he can do something when he comes on and knows where the goal is.

Warburton, Halliday and i think Harry himself suggested that he was struggling a bit recently in training.

Lets hope he kicks on and takes his opportunities when they arise, like yesterday.

He offers very little when he starts but can make a brilliant impact. It was criminal to leave him out the semi final altogether I thought, the type of game he'd probably thrive in. 

I hope we see more of him coming off the bench. 

I'm enjoying the continuity in midfield but I think when Rossiter comes back we should be looking to put him in CDM with either Holt/Halliday dropping out 

Just now, tannerall said:

A regular topic on here.

Last week it was MoH.

Well, that's 2 out of 11. It's a start!

:)

12 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Forrester started against Kilmarnock, St Johnstone and Aberdeen since that Dundee game and offered nothing. Scored against Motherwell in another start but wasn't anything great. Seems to be a lot of revision of his performances and starts this season on here. Started 10 games in total this season.

That being said he should start more often than not but has to deliver, which he hasn't consistently, some of his performances have been woeful which McKay gets absolutely slated over similar type performances!

He's had 7 league apps. 4 sub appearances. Hardly consistency is it when most of the games hes starting if your stats are right is meaningless league cup group games and the like. He hasn't been given a proper chance unlike Mckay who started 12-15 games straight this season. 

He is like ptetty much  every player we have. Decent who has the odd moment and that is the problem. Too many bog standard players and not enough quality.

The sad thing is we will have to get used to it over the next couple years until things start to turn again in our favour.

Does anyone actually think if they were consistent enough and fit to maintain a level for full matches, that the Boss would be leaving them out? Manager works with these players day in and out. He knows when they are on highs and on lows. We know fuck all really.

MW brings him in at his peaks, simple as that. Same for the rest. A manager knows his players strengths and ability's.When we have better players who can do more, week in and out, we will be back at the top.

I like wee Harry and love his attitude but he has under performed in a few games and not really grabbed his chance, always full of endeavour but I think it was the right thing to do in dropping him..........he will come back in and do a job I'm sure but anyone who doesnt produce the goods has to be taken out and someone else given a chance.

Think he has done enough to start the next game and will likely be in for O'Halloran.

I'm pretty sure he got a run of starts at the start of the season after he created an assist v Hamilton: and I'm also sure that against Kilmarnock when we drew he missed a lot of shots and looked quite greedy in the final third and hit numerous shots off target - maybe that was part of the reason he doesn't start every game.

I'll start here by saying I'm a fan of Harry's, he's clearly a player with ability, a player who can do something special. He can make something out of nothing for himself or a team mate and has a certain unpredictability about him. 

But that for me is also the conundrum with him. You never quite know what to expect. I'm sure I'm not alone in still being unsure of where his best position actually is in our current formation. He's in a very similar situation to the majority of our attacking players at the moment where he lacks consistency in his selection, position in the team and therefore level of performance. 

Personally I don't know if he should be starting every week, some weeks or not at all. What I do know is that more often than not he does make an impact in some way when he's on the pitch whether starting or off the bench and imo him not being involved at all in recent weeks has been a mistake.

Delighted to see him score yesterday.