*** RAFFLE PRIZES WANTED

govanblue

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, govanblue said:

I dunno.  A tenner seems a bit steep.  They're not cup tickets after all.

It was originally going to be a fiver, then six, then seven.

We don''t want to drain our Members in advance of the BIG Raffle, do we? :P

2 minutes ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

Have a poll? What's £3 when you know what the money is being used for?

You both have good points for the price and I do not know what is best.

What I do wonder is how many on RM need tickets for this game, most of us are probably season ticket holders ( I know that does not work for you PCG at the moment) so I would probably say £7 might work better than £10, but maybe the idea of a poll to see the demand would be the best way forward. :unsure:  :unsure: 

9 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

You both have good points for the price and I do not know what is best.

What I do wonder is how many on RM need tickets for this game, most of us are probably season ticket holders ( I know that does not work for you PCG at the moment) so I would probably say £7 might work better than £10, but maybe the idea of a poll to see the demand would be the best way forward. :unsure:  :unsure: 

How about £7 with an option to round it off to £10 for those that can afford it?(tu)

13 minutes ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

Another option would be add 3 more of the smaller prizes so rather than doing 4 draws so each number from the winning numbers gets a prize? I have emailed someone about some prizes so if he gets back to me hopefully that will make up the 3(tu)

It genuinely took me 4 attempts to finally understand that! :P

Yes that could work too. (tu)

Just now, govanblue said:

It genuinely took me 4 attempts to finally understand that! :P

Yes that could work too. (tu)

That's what happens when you spend too much time on the east coast mate:P if this guy gets back to me he could potentially have a great prize for the main raffle. Whether he will or not I duno but il PM you if he gets back to me

4 minutes ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

How about £7 with an option to round it off to £10 for those that can afford it?(tu)

just to muddy the situation.

There are probably as many as 59 Fund Members out there who would each happily pay a tenner, and many of them would probably just donate the prize back again if they won it.

So my thinking is that it makes sense for them to hold on to that money, for the BIG Raffle, because there will be no limit on how many tickets we can sell for that.

So maybe for this, it's better to target those who actually need a ticket for the game, and make the entry price more reasonable, so that the disappointment for those who don't win anything is lessened by the reasonable entry price they paid. :P

Thoughts everyone?

4 minutes ago, govanblue said:

There are probably as many as 59 Fund Members out there who would each happily pay a tenner, and many of them would probably just donate the prize back again if they won it.

So my thinking is that it makes sense for them to hold on to that money, for the BIG Raffle, because there will be no limit on how many tickets we can sell for that.

So maybe for this, it's better to target those who actually need a ticket for the game, and make the entry price more reasonable, so that the disappointment for those who don't win anything is lessened by the reasonable entry price they paid. :P

Thoughts everyone?

Aye go for that (tu) 

1 minute ago, govanblue said:

Many thanks to @don2332 who has donated a bottle of Moet & Chandon Champagne for the raffle. :thumbup:

IDShot_540x540.jpg

I'm finding myself wondering whether to run a raffle, or an exclusive bar at the statue!   :lol:

Keep expecting you to turn up in the fear thread in OT saying you went nuts and drank it all haha

1 hour ago, govanblue said:

I think that's a fantastic prize!  I'm not a tattoo man myself, but virtually everyone else alive is!  So who wouldn't want that?

I think that would also work well if combined with the Free Cut & Style at Studio83 Barbers, donated by @Glasgowrangersafc   

That would be an even cooler prize! :thumbup:

Whatever makes the most money dude

33 minutes ago, govanblue said:

Thoughts everyone?

That's a BigYes as far as I am concerned GB ...... the more that get's to the Fund the better ...... and fair to all concerned .... (tu)

:uk: 

Of course, what would really solve all our problems would be if any Season Ticket holding Members out there who are not going to the Hogmanay game, and haven't promised their seat to anyone already, could maybe consider donating it to the Fund, for us to add to the Raffle, allowing us to offer even better value to even more Good Bears, and raise even more money for a Wee Teddy Bear.

PM me if that's something you might be interested in doing. (tu)

(you don't even need to give us your smartcard - it's all done by magic!  ) 

:D

12 hours ago, govanblue said:

Of course, what would really solve all our problems would be if any Season Ticket holding Members out there who are not going to the Hogmanay game, and haven't promised their seat to anyone already, could maybe consider donating it to the Fund, for us to add to the Raffle, allowing us to offer even better value to even more Good Bears, and raise even more money for a Wee Teddy Bear.

PM me if that's something you might be interested in doing. (tu)

(you don't even need to give us your smartcard - it's all done by magic!  ) 

:D

If you can get folk to give up their season ticket for that game G B the we will all know where that magic hat went. :001:

10 hours ago, Bears r us said:

If you can get folk to give up their season ticket for that game G B the we will all know where that magic hat went. :001:

For magic to work, you need to believe. :P

But your point is valid, and reminds me that we should be very grateful to @BUILDMYGALLOWS1986 and @folkestoneger for donating their tickets - and we didn't even need to ask. :21:

40 minutes ago, govanblue said:

For magic to work, you need to believe. :P

But your point is valid, and reminds me that we should be very grateful to @BUILDMYGALLOWS1986 and @folkestoneger for donating their tickets - and we didn't even need to ask. :21:

Believing is critical for magic to work GB  :wink:  and great that folk have donated tickets for this type of game. :clap: 

24 minutes ago, govanblue said:

Many thanks to @Bobby Hume and @scottyscott1963 who will both be buying some Medals to support the Rangers Former Players Benevolent Fund :clap:

And then they'll be donating their medals to the Raffle for Joshua. :clap:

We're just haggling over the details. :P

Crossing the t's and dotting the i's :D 

50 minutes ago, govanblue said:

Many thanks to @Bobby Hume and @scottyscott1963 who will both be buying some Medals to support the Rangers Former Players Benevolent Fund :clap:

And then they'll be donating their medals to the Raffle for Joshua. :clap:

We're just haggling over the details. :P

Well done guys, nice work. (tu)

On 06/12/2016 at 7:56 PM, govanblue said:

Thoughts everyone?

I cannot cope with anything complicated. Do whatever you think is fair for all (as you normally do anyhow GB). The rest of us will just come along for the banter :dazed: