Police Scotland confirm received report into historic child abuse within football

Smile

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could this be the can of worms opening up on celtic? Disgraceful the way they washed their hands on the victims at the time.

Thats right celtic and the Kelly's never knew and to make matters worse we had that cunt Kelly as the Glasgow lord provost.

Also why did the SFA not investigate this after sherriff Gimblett sentenced Jim Torbetts to 2 1/2 years at HMP.

I don't care who it is or what club is involved, but the club must not have covered it up to protect their so called name. 

Can't see it being Celtic. It should be but as far the SNP-driven Police Scotland will be concerned that was all dealt with when Tobin was 15 or so years ago.

I wouldn't even put it past an obsessed bheast making up a story about us and passing it over to the Police. Nothing surprises me with that lot. 

Just now, .Williamson. said:

What actually happens to a club if they're found to have covered up this kind of thing?

Probably nothing as it's only the other day the SFA said something about having all clubs opt into their policy on this type of thing - if it is Celtic or any other team and they get outed as a result of this then there's a good chance they will evade any sort of footballing justice as the policy won't be drafted in time. I'd imagine. 

Just now, K.A.I said:

Can't see it being Celtic. It should be but as far the SNP-driven Police Scotland will be concerned that was all dealt with when Tobin was 15 or so years ago.

I wouldn't even put it past an obsessed bheast making up a story about us and passing it over to the Police. Nothing surprises me with that lot. 

Thats the point mate - the way the club dealt with it was wrong - and illegal. They cant say "they dealt with it internally" and thats the matter closed.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Probably nothing as it's only the other day the SFA said something about having all clubs opt into their policy on this type of thing - if it is Celtic or any other team and they get outed as a result of this then there's a good chance they will evade any sort of footballing justice as the policy won't be drafted in time. I'd imagine. 

No mate sorry but your wrong. The club can be held accountable as they had a duty of care. Any SFA policy has nothing to do with it.

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

No mate sorry but your wrong. The club can be held accountable as they had a duty of care. Any SFA policy has nothing to do with it.

So if they've not been done before now, why would they now then? 

Their best bet for getting done would be after the SFA upcoming policy get's fully drafted and all the teams signed upto it if something came out about them then.

Duty of care or not - I just don't see what can come out now that we don't already know through court testimony from the likes of Billy McNeil previously and in Jock Steins book. 

It's wishful thinking, I reckon. Sadly. 

9 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

What actually happens to a club if they're found to have covered up this kind of thing?

They should be demoted to the bottom tier, no tv money or any other shared revenue with other clubs i.e. Tv deal for 10 years , forced to play a full season behind closed doors and. Kicked out the cups for 5 years and possibly even hepave their licence revoked and kicked out of football 

If this is the case then the club are quite rightly severely fucked 

5 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

How can they bring up historic child abuse claims  and not mention Celtic in that entire article? 

Because peter sfa/chairman at celic has a superinjuction taken out on the media from mentioning their name thats why you read reports of police looking for a green man who bottles a young rangers fan

Just now, K.A.I said:

So if they've not been done before now, why would they now then? 

Their best bet for getting done would be after the SFA upcoming policy get's fully drafted and all the teams signed upto it if something came out about them then.

Duty of care or not - I just don't see what can come out now that we don't already know through court testimony from the likes of Billy McNeil previously and in Jock Steins book. 

It's wishful thinking, I reckon. Sadly. 

You should read the FA statement as to why now and not then. The old way of dealing with this type of thing no longer applies

The FA has commissioned an independent inquiry into its own handling of past abuse claims, a probe which will "look into what information The FA was aware of at the relevant times...what clubs were aware of, and what action was or should have been taken."

"Institutionally, all organisations in the old days used to protect themselves by keeping quiet and closing ranks. That's completely inappropriate and unacceptable today which is why we have an independent-led inquiry. I'm not ruling out anything.

Let's be honest, there's 42 clubs in Scotland so it could be anyone, Celtic name is obvious because of there past but we can't jump to conclusions, it would make sense due to the catholic connection (and before anyone says - that's bigoted, please see catholic child abuse cover up, this actually spreads to worldwide countries and thousands of priests) so I don't think we should jump to any conclusion just yet that is just them, could be any dirty cunt

They should be, however, taken to task for the evidence PROVIDED IN COURT about their cover up from 30 years ago

Just now, cushynumber said:

You should read the FA statement as to why now and not then. The old way of dealing with this type of thing no longer applies

The FA has commissioned an independent inquiry into its own handling of past abuse claims, a probe which will "look into what information The FA was aware of at the relevant times...what clubs were aware of, and what action was or should have been taken."

"Institutionally, all organisations in the old days used to protect themselves by keeping quiet and closing ranks. That's completely inappropriate and unacceptable today which is why we have an independent-led inquiry. I'm not ruling out anything.

I really hope you are right and I am wrong but I just can't see anything happening to them. 

Police Scotland and the SFA could really go up in my estimation if they grew some balls.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

I really hope you are right and I am wrong but I just can't see anything happening to them. 

Police Scotland and the SFA could really go up in my estimation if they grew some balls.

I think the FA will set a precedent here, the SFA will follow suit I would imagine.

Archived