Warburton's Away Record Against 'Direct' Rivals

BlueSuedeSambas

In among all the topics that came up last night this was mentioned somewhere so I thought I would look it up.

His record - if you consider Hibs & Falkirk as our direct rivals last season and celtic,  Aberdeen & Hearts this season - currently stands at

Played 8

Won 1

Drawn 0

Lost 7

GF 14

GA 21

That makes for some pretty grim reading really.

Warburton was talking about how we are 32 games undefeated at home yesterday but you simply have to be going to your direct rivals grounds and winning if you want to achieve anything.

If he wants to have a long term future here that record simply has to improve.

5 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

In among all the topics that came up last night this was mentioned somewhere so I thought I would look it up.

His record - if you consider Hibs & Falkirk as our direct rivals last season and celtic,  Aberdeen & Hearts this season - currently stands at

Played 8

Won 1

Drawn 0

Lost 7

GF 14

GA 21

Warburton was talking about how we are 32 games undefeated at home yesterday but you simply have to be going to your direct rivals grounds and winning if you want to achieve anything.

If he wants to have a long term future here that record simply has to inprove.

5 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Played 8

Won 1

Drawn 0

Lost 7

GF 14

GA 21

I said similar last season when Falkirk had a better away record than us and we had lost all the big games no one seemed to take that as warning signs.

FUCKING awful to read, Hibs last year the first league game can say we were semi unlucky should have had a stonewall pen iirc , Falkirk away first time missed pen and they got the pen outside box, second Hibs away was the start of us being shite and haven't kicked a ball since, even with the above "excuses" it's simply not good enough, even when we played the teams at home we struggled somewhat, Another example were simply not good enough, I've completely lost the point I was trying to make but we're shite 

Got a few more coming up aswell.

Aberdeen. The game at Pittodrie was one of the few we deserved to win this season, yet we lost. Think a draw is the best we can hope for.

Hearts. The score was 2-0 but they wete much further ahead of us than the score reflects. Can't see it being turned around just because of home advantage. Probably another defeat.

Celtic. The scoreline in the cup flattered us. Hate to say it but can't see us getting anything.

We've got tough away trips to Hamilton and St Johnstone and a home game with ICT.

Can't see it being a good December

54 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Played 8

Won 1

Drawn 0

Lost 7

GF 14

GA 21

When I opened this thread, I thought this ain't going to be good reading, and I was right.

To be frank, that record is quite shocking, but last season he had inherited quite a few of the players.

This season, too many signings and they just have not gelled.

He's a stat man so hopefully someone brings this to his attention and we can hear what his response is. The next 3 games are make or break and nothing other than 9 points is acceptable. 

I would be questioning Davie Weir's input as well. The defence are constantly making school boy errors and it's not down to ability alone. An average defender in a well drilled defence would not be making the mistakes we are making.

Major improvement needed between now and new year or European football will be out the window. I fear the worst for this derby coming up, they will go for the jugular if we are showing the levels of performance we are at present

I believe Brentford fans gave this criticism too. He could beat all the bottom half teams but generally struggled against better opposition.

Unfortunately for us we're struggling against the poorer sides as well just now.

Philosophy, 7 months of good football 8 months back.

The man is way out of his depth and most of us all know it. Standards at Rangers are high, expectations are even higher...both have not been and are not being met.

This all leads to the same conclusion...

32 minutes ago, andy500 said:

I believe Brentford fans gave this criticism too. He could beat all the bottom half teams but generally struggled against better opposition.

Unfortunately for us we're struggling against the poorer sides as well just now.

The Brentford fan that came on here was spot on, Pity the board never did their homework better.

2 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Played 8

Won 1

Drawn 0

Lost 7

GF 14

GA 21

If he wants to have a long term future here that record simply has to improve.

Then you add in 2 of the most pitiful performances that I've seen from a Rangers side on the Hampden turf in my lifetime .Final and semi and it's a fucking lamentable disgrace .

The only bear that could possibly with that is ,knowing him Ally mccoist  

If you look at the fixture list for the first three rounds of games before the split we are away twice and at home once against Celtic Aberdeen and Hearts.

Never mind European football , will we make the split .

Is this deliberate to make  sure these teams don't lose out on the blue pound should the unforgivable happen and we don't make the split.