• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, plumbGER said:

Not very.

In fact not had a drink in 3 years Alan.

Good for you - nothing sinister in not being on here i often look but the negativity toward Warburton and King put me off....still this last wee while even my dedication to what Warbs is trying to do is lessening as it isn't working.

1 minute ago, Spiderpig said:

Good for you - nothing sinister in not being on here i often look but the negativity toward Warburton and King put me off....still this last wee while even my dedication to what Warbs is trying to do is lessening as it isn't working.

Will take your word for it.

For me it needs to be a proper central midfielder who can control the middle. Never thought I'd be begging for someone like Barry Ferguson but that is exactly what we need. Its only now I realise how much I took the likes of him and McCall for granted. I'd love to have two like that for Christmas. What a difference they would make. If we could add a big beast of a defender like that Greek guy McCleish replaced Amo with then that would be some business done.

3 minutes ago, William McBeath said:

For me it needs to be a proper central midfielder who can control the middle. Never thought I'd be begging for someone like Barry Ferguson but that is exactly what we need. Its only now I realise how much I took the likes of him and McCall for granted. I'd love to have two like that for Christmas. What a difference they would make. If we could add a big beast of a defender like that Greek guy McCleish replaced Amo with then that would be some business done.

The problem with that is that players as good as Ferguson and McCall cost 10 million pound these days and we aren't spending that sort of money anytime soon.

28 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

The problem with that is that players as good as Ferguson and McCall cost 10 million pound these days and we aren't spending that sort of money anytime soon.

True and depressingly so, just a bit of wishful thinking on my part. Must be all the Xmas tunes the better half has been playing :541:

What about Charlie boy Adam? Seems to be in and out of the Stoke side at the moment.

50 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

In what way will he be a good signing, if Brentford loan him out then to me thats alarming if he isn't good enough for them

He was loaned out because he had family problems and had to go back, he was one of the best players in England 2 seasons ago the way he was playing. If you are going to criticise the signings at least do a bit of research first.

1 minute ago, Skyson1872 said:

He was loaned out because he had family problems and had to go back, he was one of the best players in England 2 seasons ago the way he was playing. If you are going to criticise the signings at least do a bit of research first.

Barton was in the championship team of the year last year, meant fuck all

Family problems or not, we need much better than a loaned out Brentford player to get to where we want to be

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

In what way will he be a good signing, if Brentford loan him out then to me thats alarming if he isn't good enough for them

They only loaned him out because he asked to go home for personal reasons. It wasn't because he wasn't good enough.

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

He was a standout for Brentford before he had family issues. Not saying its the standard we require in the long run but he'd be 100x better than what we have currently. That's a step in the right direction for me anyway

30 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

They only loaned him out because he asked to go home for personal reasons. It wasn't because he wasn't good enough.

28 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

He was a standout for Brentford before he had family issues. Not saying its the standard we require in the long run but he'd be 100x better than what we have currently. That's a step in the right direction for me anyway

But the point stands if he was good enough for where we want to be he'd be at a higher level than brentford, 6month loan for a brentford player isn't what we need at all

6 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

But the point stands if he was good enough for where we want to be he'd be at a higher level than brentford, 6month loan for a brentford player isn't what we need at all

We need a better standard of players mate this lad will will be a step in the right direction nothing more nothing less.