JG is a warrior

Gaz52

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has to be the most underutilised and frustrated player we have.

Every single time Wes had the ball and was looking for someone, Garner was there asking for it played either to him or in behind the defence. Whenever someone in midfield takes a second to stop and look up to who they can pass to, Garner is just starting a run or asking for it on his head or at his feet.

I don't know why they don't give him the ball more often, especially the keeper. The lob in the game today that went wide tells me everything I need to know about Garner. Totally fearless. Willing to try anything. Just isn't getting the right service for whatever reason. 

For me he plays best with O'Halloran on the right, we just need a starting left winger who is willing to actually drive with the ball and put it into the box, that said I thought McKay had one of his better games today but he wouldn't be my starting left winger.

Obviously I'd prefer it if he was part of a striking partnership up top, but with Warburton in charge I'll just keep wishing.

I liked the way he went about things today. He looked far more comfortable with us being more direct and up and at 'em. It let him play a bit more of a target man and put himself about a bit. 

Great application and did alot of good spade work.

41 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Randomly scrolling through the match thread there and thers cunts spouting pish about Garner , get Joe Swash off etc etc , well the game i attended today he was my man of the match , led the front line like a fucking warrior , well played son 

Spot on.

Made a goal, won almost everything in the air and didn't let their defence settle for a moment. Amazing energy and although he puts himself about a bit, he takes a fair amount of knocks without complaining. Just gets up and gets on with it. For a lone striker he had a great game. With a strike partner we would see a lot more goals. First name on my team sheet every week.