JG is a warrior

Gaz52

His off the ball work today was superb as well as winning most things that came his way in the air. Warburtons stuff about pitch geography is funny but he created a lot of space for McKay and others to run into today by peeling off and away from defenders. You don't see that on TV so the guys watching at home might not appreciate what he did.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Randomly scrolling through the match thread there and thers cunts spouting pish about Garner , get Joe Swash off etc etc , well the game i attended today he was my man of the match , led the front line like a fucking warrior , well played son 

Can't argue with that considering it mirrors my post from the match thread. Great minds and all that :cheers:

2 hours ago, KingKirk said:

I don't rate him ill be honest. Credit for today tho should've have a goal today

Me neither but today's like that I keep believing he's still getting used to how we play.. We haven't had anyone in the MW era who can actually win the ball in the air, defenders won't like playing against him.

He looked good at times today and battled really well, big part of the reason we won. What annoys me about JG is I like to see our strikers stay strong on their feet with defenders bouncing off them rather than decking it and looking for a foul at every opportunity. Especially when the refs look to have got wise to this already.

3 hours ago, King Jela said:

Far from the best player we've ever had but his attitude is spot on and his work rate is second to none. Well done, Joe :clap: 

Haha Fs read that at first as 'For me the best player we've ever had'

He was brilliant today, as he was in our last good performance which was against Killie. Hope he keeps it up.

3 hours ago, Swagger said:

He's been up and down but  I don't think I've ever wanted a player to succeed more than him. Flies into absolutely everything. 

Gauranteed red on Hogmanay - magic

haha

guaranteed, i think also

like todays game i said to the guy next to me :" no way this game is ending with 22 players"

Thought he put in a superb shift in today and never gave the sheep defence a minutes peace . Strikers ,especially one that was your biggest outlay , will always be judged on goals but I feel if our wide players put more balls into the box like the assist for Kenny's goal then Garner will prove a worthwhile buy . I particularly like that he looks for a teammate with his flick ons most of the time and not just trying to knock it on .

54 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Great attitude and work ethic but he's crap. 

He's far from crap.

And as soon as we start getting players playing off him to benefit from his countless knock downs, lay offs etc we'll soon see how good this boy is.

I doubt he's a 30 goal a season players.  But he'll contribute more than any other in blue to help others score and the team win.

Great player now showing his class.

1 hour ago, blueretro said:

Can't argue with that considering it mirrors my post from the match thread. Great minds and all that :cheers:

i thought Hill was man of the man as he was against Dundee previous home game (pity he is 38)

didnt play against hearts ( was performance of the season)

and look what happened

This place eh? One defeat and it's armageddon and there's an unjustified scapegoat or two who get slaughtered.

A win and the unjustified wankfest begins. This week it's a very ordinary overpriced player - he like so many will not be in our team when we get 55. He's getting jizzed over because he tries like fuck. Fuck me, give me that jersey and I'll run till I collapse but I'm pish too.  

29 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

This place eh? One defeat and it's armageddon and there's an unjustified scapegoat or two who get slaughtered.

A win and the unjustified wankfest begins. This week it's a very ordinary overpriced player - he like so many will not be in our team when we get 55. He's getting jizzed over because he tries like fuck. Fuck me, give me that jersey and I'll run till I collapse but I'm pish too.  

Has he shagged your missus?

If you ignore a stunning pass for a goal, umpteen balls won and laid off, a great personal work ethic and team player, and some great close control and spreading of play then yeah, I'm sure you can do as well as he has.

Wankfest jizz and fuck? You sound subliminally kind of interested in more than his style of play