Atmosphere

King_gazza

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Only bad thing was no rendition of the Billy Boys.

3 hours ago, The No.9 said:

Brilliant atmosphere today but I didn't hear the bully boys either ? I'm in bf4

I think 2 stands were singing Derry Walls and the other 2 stands were belting out Billys Boys at the exact time after the 1st goal and it all got muddled to fuck. 

Copland stand was definitely in full swing billy boys after that 1st goal

No meaning this to have a dig but I hope the ub realise the ole ole nonsense will never be a match for the proper blood and thunder.

If they stuck more to that than the generic European football chants then they'd probably find it a bit more of a success.

They do create an atmosphere when it's the run of the mill shite games though so the wider support can take the blame there 

14 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

It's fairly astounding such a famous club as they remind us ?.They haven't won at the lions den for " A quarter of a century "

Jesus .That is one record we have to be proud of 

My lad's 26 so covers their record breaking span.

We were trying to think of who else hadn't fluked a win at Ibrox in that time & reckoned Partick & Ross County - one of them very much in & out of our division & the other new to it!

15 hours ago, William McBeath said:

Will never be as good again as my childhood when we had the two enclosures sadly. Must have been immense before the new stadium was built.

Here's a sample. 

1976, Ally MacLeod brought the Sheep to Ibrox in the Cup, full of what they were going to do.  58,000 turned up, and you'll notice that in those days away fans had to stand in the old Celtic End terracing, surrounded by Bears. More often than not they got chased, at the least. Lots of guys would make their way from the Rangers End round the embankment behind the old Centenary Stand to give them a slap if they were getting a bit cocky.

That was incredible, literally made the hairs on the back of your next stand up! What a day capped of by getting stuck in Glasgow cos of level crossing accident at Carluke.

Free hotel courtesy of Virgin trains, a refund on our train tickets and a fuckin hagover too boot!

Roll on next Saturday!

Some videos would be class. I watched on a stream and it was crazy how loud it was, think wee Tom Miller was holding his mic up in the air and singing along :lol: 

After the second goal the camera panned in on the broomloan for about a minute and the full stand was shaking except the wee corner of sheep shaggers who were greeting. 

If you think that was good, just wait until Hogmanay, if we go 1 up then it'll be amazing, if we go 2 up then there won't be any words to describe it