Atmosphere

King_gazza

On ‎04‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 11:17 PM, harlands plater said:

Here's a sample. 

1976, Ally MacLeod brought the Sheep to Ibrox in the Cup, full of what they were going to do.  58,000 turned up, and you'll notice that in those days away fans had to stand in the old Celtic End terracing, surrounded by Bears. More often than not they got chased, at the least. Lots of guys would make their way from the Rangers End round the embankment behind the old Centenary Stand to give them a slap if they were getting a bit cocky.

Fuck sake, used to be able to walk round and give them a slap :lol:

Thought our support were also good against Hearts. Build my Gallows always sounds superb but is seldom sung when I'm in town sadly. I've also not heard 'Here lies a Soldier' for a long time. Did it get banned or something? Was one of the go to songs of my generation. Especially good after Derry's Walls if sung softly.

I love to watch a match were the songs are sometimes sung softly almost like a good backing track. We have so many ones that sound good this way. Then when we need to go hard core we can rock the joint with The Billy Boy's, Derry's Walls, or Super Rangers. Its so annoying that they have banned so many good ones on account of add-ons or misrepresented terms like fenian.

Here's two examples that remind me of the wee East Enclosure of my youth. I fucking loved the place and felt like a second class pissed off Bear if forced to be anywhere else. Its the rowdy anything goes rocky element that is missing now. Only the likes of South America, Africa, and Eastern Europe like with the Eternal Derby still have this atmosphere.

I believe the old Ibrox must have been up there with the lot of them. Only Hampden could produce for us in this way in my lifetime like in the last clip. Sad to see football become so sterile these days. Hopefully we can fill the place with some standing sections in the coming years but it won't be the same with just about any largesse or big songs being banned.

These are still a good warm up to matches if you can't attend though. The best ones are in the old documentaries but you have to put up with clowns giving it large with the poor downtrodden Celtic propaganda to find them.

RIP to Peralta who is in the 2nd clip.

Meant to add that's a great clip of the old stadium you posted. Can see what you mean about away fans. That would take a bit of bottle for a wee cluster of sheep like that you see after their goal to cluster like that among 50 odd thousand bears. I'm surprised by that as I don't really see me doing that if it was reversed. If it kicks off badly then it looks like certain death ffs :lol:

Were those wee cars used to take the injured away?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, William McBeath said:

Fuck sake, used to be able to walk round and give them a slap :lol:

Thought our support were also good against Hearts. Build my Gallows always sounds superb but is seldom sung when I'm in town sadly. I've also not heard 'Here lies a Soldier' for a long time. Did it get banned or something? Was one of the go to songs of my generation. Especially good after Derry's Walls is sung softly.

I love to watch a match were the songs are sometimes sung softly almost like a good backing track. We have so many ones that sound good this way. Then when we need to go hard core we can rock the joint with The Billy Boy's, Derry's Walls, or Super Rangers. Its so annoying that they have banned so many good ones on account of add-ons or misrepresented terms like fenian.

Here's two examples that remind me of the wee East Enclosure of my youth. I fucking loved the place and felt like a second class pissed off Bear if forced to be anywhere else. Its the rowdy anything goes rocky element that is missing now. Only the likes of South America, Africa, and the Eternal Derby still have this atmosphere.

I believe the old Ibrox must have been up there with the lot of them. Only Hampden could produce for us in this way in my lifetime like in the last clip. Sad to see football become so sterile these days. Hopefully we can fill the place with some standing sections in the coming years but it won't be the same with just about any largesse or big songs being banned.

These are still a good warm up to matches if you can't attend though. The best ones are in the old documentaries but you have to put up with clowns giving it large with the poor downtrodden Celtic propaganda to find them.

RIP to Peralta who is in the 2nd clip.

Build my gallows is a personal favourite of mine as well, always remember a champions league game at Ibrox (sure it was against Man utd) and it was sung for about 20minutes straight.  Spine tingling. 

9 minutes ago, dougal72 said:

Build my gallows is a personal favourite of mine as well, always remember a champions league game at Ibrox (sure it was against Man utd) and it was sung for about 20minutes straight.  Spine tingling. 

Aye its just perfect for a football match because of the way it goes up and down. Could sing it for ages without getting bored :541: