This Club handles things correctly.

William McBeath

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Walter & Graeme could have said nuffin - and deviously dismissed the guy to prevent any bad publicity such as this against our Club. But that's no the Protestant way - is it.

Well, if you don't know now timofee - we're no all the same - that's for sure.

BJK - FTP

Are you suggesting that sexual abuse of children is solely a Catholic problem? Or that covering up of the abuse is solely done by Catholics? 

Religion has absolutely nothing to do with this. https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/aug/12/jehovahs-witnesses-under-pressure-over-handling-of-sexual-abuse-claims

This link mentions the jehovah's witnesses.  In fact there was a case of a member of that organisation from West Kilbride who abuse his three daughters for years.  It came out because the oldest moved away and highlighted it.  his church refused to do anything about it even after she got the police involved.  My point is that saying what Walter and souness did was a "protestant"  thing to do is just ridiculous.  What they did was the only thing that should have been done regardless of religion.  It was the decent,  proper and responsible thing to do. 

Herald  'journalist' Angela Haggerty allegedly intends  to 'investigate'  the Neely revelations further on recovering from an incident last week at Edinburgh zoo. Haggerty had apparently thrown herself into the gorilla pit. Fortunately tbe quick-thinking mammal spared himself a horrific ordeal by quickly  shooting himself. 

14 minutes ago, JamieD said:

Were people in the habit of calling the police in the 80s when someone said something a bit off in front of a teenager? Doesn't make sense any other way to me.

Get a grip JamieD, if there was more to this the manky mod would behave been using this for years against us.

Clutching at straws at best and you should be ashamed to suggest other wise, disgraceful as you seem to be clutching the same straw.

3 minutes ago, Carling1873 said:

Get a grip JamieD, if there was more to this the manky mod would behave been using this for years against us.

Clutching at straws at best and you should be ashamed to suggest other wise, disgraceful as you seem to be clutching the same straw.

Erm, what? What do you think I'm suggesting? The man said something, he was sacked and the club contacted the police, the press are reporting it as abuse-related. It sounds to me like whatever he said to the kid must have been pretty serious, the club took it seriously and responded accordingly. Is that not a reasonable conclusion? What is there to use against us? It sounds like we did everything by the book, unlike seemingly every other club.

19 minutes ago, JamieD said:

Erm, what? What do you think I'm suggesting? The man said something, he was sacked and the club contacted the police, the press are reporting it as abuse-related. It sounds to me like whatever he said to the kid must have been pretty serious, the club took it seriously and responded accordingly. Is that not a reasonable conclusion?

I've have no problem with this statement other than 'abuse-related' the press slant, you seem to be playing devils advocate maybe and or maybe not.

As someone who was abused as a child (physically not sexually), no one can know what was said at that moment in time other than those involved, speculation/opinions don't help, only when the truth come out people can make a balance judgement...

15 minutes ago, Carling1873 said:

I've have no problem with this statement other than 'abuse-related' the press slant, you seem to be playing devils advocate maybe and or maybe not.

As someone who was abused as a child (physically not sexually), no one can know what was said at that moment in time other than those involved, speculation/opinions don't help, only when the truth come out people can make a balance judgement...

Again, I'll ask you, what do you think I'm suggesting? Which devil am I advocating on behalf of here? What are you implying my motive is? Either get to the point and then substantiate it or leave it alone.

Scottish media are trying everything to show us as been involved in this somehow...

FOOTIE coach Gordon Neely molested boys around 13 at Hibs youth training camps, an ex-player claimed last night.

The alleged victim said Neely — sacked by Rangers over abuse accusations — summoned lads to his bedroom before subjecting them to sickening abuse.

They have a picture of yesterdays Exclusive further down the page I dont see what this has to do with us but there ye go 

1 hour ago, JamieD said:

Were people in the habit of calling the police in the 80s when someone said something a bit off in front of a teenager? Doesn't make sense any other way to me.

The claims in the sunday papers where claims from his hibs days... Scottish press at its best

Typical scottish press just read the full story...

Would you believe it these claims made against the guy are from his HIBS days who he left before joining us.. When the allegations came to light Rangers punted him..

So it would appear our club have done nothing wrong or covered up anything   Yet Rangers this Rangers that all over the fuckin paper fuck them 

A Hibernian spokesman said: “We have not been contacted or made aware of the allegations but clearly this matter is of great concern and we will co-operate with any investigation to the fullest extent.

Sunday's story was that the father was outraged and he informed Rangers of what happened. It was something said inappropriately to which Rangers reported it to the police and Neely was sacked. It was an isolated incident. And nothing to do with "non recent" child abuse cases. Also there's no report of any charges from the police of said incident. 

Mondays story is that the family gave him grief over leaving Rangers but he couldn't be in the same room as him, the father persuaded him to join Rangers. The abuse he received from Neely was committed whilst he was a hibs player at 12,13 years old and he followed Neely to Rangers. He has kept it a secret until now but to this day it has affected him. He is claiming that only the kids abused spoke about it between themselves and no authorities was informed. 

What is apparent is the abuse happened whilst he had kids staying at hibs training camps, if Hibs or any of the staff members at Dalguise were aware of what was going on, that is as abhorrent as the crimes that Celtic football club committed. The fact that Rangers employed him as a talent scout and not a coach hopefully gave the pervert limited access to the boys in Rangers care and that is probably why he was sacked on an isolated incident which has nothing to do with the current child abuse crisis that has been the scourge of Scottish football for far too long now.

Rangers in informing the authorities ended the perverts career as a youth football coach and prevented him from further atrocities. 

Get these bastards jailed and that vile pedo harbouring football club disbanded. 

1 hour ago, one55 said:

Played for hibs? no surprise. souness & walter knew and they reported it. if only jock had grassed.

What they reported was a lewd comment, there is no suggestion that the pervert committed any crime at Rangers as  there's no reports of any convictions due to Rangers reporting the creature for this lewd comment.

His crimes according to the source occurred when he played as a 12/13 year old boy for hibs youths. The police should now be asking hibs for information about the incident. 

If it comes apparent that hibs knew about the crimes allowing the pervert to join Rangers then I hope Rangers takes a civil law suit against this club. 

3 hours ago, Howsitgoing said:

Sunday's story was that the father was outraged and he informed Rangers of what happened. It was something said inappropriately to which Rangers reported it to the police and Neely was sacked. It was an isolated incident. And nothing to do with "non recent" child abuse cases. Also there's no report of any charges from the police of said incident. 

Mondays story is that the family gave him grief over leaving Rangers but he couldn't be in the same room as him, the father persuaded him to join Rangers. The abuse he received from Neely was committed whilst he was a hibs player at 12,13 years old and he followed Neely to Rangers. He has kept it a secret until now but to this day it has affected him. He is claiming that only the kids abused spoke about it between themselves and no authorities was informed. 

What is apparent is the abuse happened whilst he had kids staying at hibs training camps, if Hibs or any of the staff members at Dalguise were aware of what was going on, that is as abhorrent as the crimes that Celtic football club committed. The fact that Rangers employed him as a talent scout and not a coach hopefully gave the pervert limited access to the boys in Rangers care and that is probably why he was sacked on an isolated incident which has nothing to do with the current child abuse crisis that has been the scourge of Scottish football for far too long now.

Rangers in informing the authorities ended the perverts career as a youth football coach and prevented him from further atrocities. 

Get these bastards jailed and that vile pedo harbouring football club disbanded. 

He never .. He had full access to the kids training with the club and used a small room just through the door leading to the rangers first team.dressing room on the same side as the boot room.  He was able to speak to a youngster any time he wanted and I had been summoned to his room relating to my injury

4 minutes ago, deco19761 said:

He never .. He had full access to the kids training with the club and used a small room just through the door leading to the rangers first team.dressing room on the same side as the boot room.  He was able to speak to a youngster any time he wanted and I had been summoned to his room relating to my injury

Who's the injured younger player?

7 hours ago, JamieD said:

Naw, you either gave the nonce a slap, got your father or older brother to give them a slap or got a group of mates armed with bottles to chase the prick and give him a good kicking.  The latter point being hypothetical of course.

Papers a fucking joke it should be hibs that are highlighted nothing to do with rangers! They acted as any club or organisation should they tried to protect young children by reporting it to the authorities rangers should be commended for stopping this vile piece of scum never having anything to do with football again! Another smear campaign but I'm afraid this one oversteps the mark and should be dealt with by our club 

51 minutes ago, deco19761 said:

Let's leave it at that then 

That's the Celtic way.

As you've already stated, you think he was a strange one but you have no reason to believe that he committed any crimes at Rangers. But I'm sure if there was, fans of Celtic  fc would of highlighted it a long time ago. If you look at the way he abused the kids at hibs he used the privacy of them being in a hotel with the kids staying the night at this hotel.

The papers are also very clear in this, first article almost commended Rangers in dealing with the pervert the correct way and report it to the authorities. The next showed how it shouldn't be done, these kids were failed and the pervert was allowed to move onto another club. He didn't count on the superiority of our great club though which by all initial reports prevented any more kids being abused and then ended his career after making him known to the police. 

If only Torbett had been reported at the very beginning we might not be seeing as big a scandal as we now are. 

Lets hope they now highlight the failings of Celtic and disband this bastardised football club. Scotland's shame I'm afraid needs highlighted to begin the healing.