*** The Official Rangers vs Hearts Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

Is MOH doing enough for everyone to keep his spot? I think having him in with the ability to go past someone with his pace then put the ball in the middle is vital. We're very quick down the right hand side whether it's Tav & MOH or Hodson & MOH

2 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Is MOH doing enough for everyone to keep his spot? I think having him in with the ability to go past someone with his pace then put the ball in the middle is vital. We're very quick down the right hand side whether it's Tav & MOH or Hodson & MOH

Not for me the guy isn't a good footballer.

No point being able to run past someone if your not going to lift your head up and pick someone out. 

12 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Fuck Kiernan:)

You love him mate :wink: 

9 minutes ago, BF2 said:

I could be wrong but wasn't Michael Ball called up around 2002?

EDIT:  Just Googled it, he was capped only once, just a few months before he joined us.

So would it still be Gazza in 1998? 

8 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Na, he's fucking gash.

6 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Despite people talking about that "assist" he done before being subbed, i'd still have him start. 

He still has pace and gives Defenders nightmares. Hell I seen 3 defenders being assigned to him at one point in the game, that kinda attention draw is massive if he links up with someone. We seen how well it can work with Waghorn + Hodson. 

9 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Despite people talking about that "assist" he done before being subbed, i'd still have him start. 

He still has pace and gives Defenders nightmares. Hell I seen 3 defenders being assigned to him at one point in the game, that kinda attention draw is massive if he links up with someone. We seen how well it can work with Waghorn + Hodson. 

He does genuinely give me the fear defensively and when he passes the ball back the way. 

20 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Thought Waghorn was excellent when he came on. 

Update about injuries 

MARK Warburton has put Josh Windass’ injury problems down to him adapting to the demands of being a Rangers player. He hopes to have the midfielder back to face Hearts.

The 22-year-old moved from Accrington Stanley in the summer and has been plagued by hamstring problems since, making 12 appearances in all competitions out of a possible 23.

Windass’ latest setback came in the Gers 2-1 win over Partick Thistle and while his boss says he isn’t concerned about his stop start beginning to life at Ibrox, Warburton admits he and his staff must treat Windass with kid gloves.

Warburton said:“Josh we hope will come back this week; again you have to look after young players and look at the bigger picture.

“We talk about the demands we place on young players coming to Rangers and that is everything, the expectation of the crowd, playing in front of 50,000 and dealing with a more intense training regime.

“Their body is adapting to the demands of that and Josh is a young player with a very bright future ahead of him but we have to look after him.

“I hope we are getting closer with Jordan too and fingers crossed I hope he will be available for selection soon.

“We have to look at the regime with Josh, what he is used to and that is no disrespect to any previous club but it is what they have been used to and what they are being asked to do now in terms of intensity of work.

“Hopefully these players will adapt, Josh and Jordan are young guys and it is still very very early in their Rangers careers and hopefully they both have very long and fruitful careers ahead of them.”

While Windass and Rossiter focus on making their return to Warburton’s side one player who is certain to miss out against Hearts is Clint Hill.

The centre-half picked up two yellow cards to be dismissed against Aberdeen, meaning the club can’t appeal Steven McLean’s decision.

Warburton said: “Clint was excellent, I thought Clint and Rob on Saturday were both brilliant, it is great we have the options of Danny and Philippe but there is no doubt that Clint is showing his value, his worth, his experience and his aerial strength.

“Any player is a loss because we are tight on numbers, with Josh, Jordan and Niko all being out.

“Clint is a senior pro but Rob and Danny have played together countless times and Philippe has an excellent CV as well.

“The fact is Clint is 38, he has seen so much in football and can pass on that experience, good mature senior pros can add that quality and they can help younger players play their best and provide that confidence.”

1 hour ago, RFCRobertson said:

Only defenders he gave nightmares were ours

1 hour ago, RFCRobertson said:

The opposition definitely put 2 or 3 defenders on him because of his pace but he does the same run every time throughout the 90 mins. Just gets the ball, head down and runs outside the defender EVERY time then belts it across without picking out a man. Even if he dropped a shoulder and ran the opposite way now and again or varied his run we might see a player in there but he just frustrates me because he should be doing better. Seen him play well in parts but never for a full 90 mins.

3 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

I like him but you're having to go back a month or two for the last time one of his crosses met one of our players. Waghorn looked back to an acceptable level when he came on Saturday but who knows.

Big decision for Warburton.

For me personally, O'Halloran is a good asset to bring on at 60-70 mins against tired defences as he can cause teams serious damage with his pace, he just doesn`t have the technical ability needed for when we pen teams in around the final third. I think he will be very useful in Europe when we`ll be in games where we won`t have as much of the ball as we`d like and even be penned in ourselves against some teams so his pace will be needed for counter-attacks but I don`t think he`s really good enough to merit a starting spot atm.

4 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

I definitely think MW will go with this providing there are no training ground injuries

Wes

Hodson--Kiernan--Wilson--Wallace 

O'Halloran--Holt--Halliday--McKay

Miller--Garner

That will be the starting 11, how they set up im not sure? It looked like a 4-4-1-1 on Saturday so I'd go with that again with Miller in behind 

At times it was 4-2-3-1, but morphed back into 4-3-3. Worked well. 

Guest Lloyd72
1 hour ago, Wearethepeople72 said:

Too big a game to throw them back into IMO.

I'd keep the same team as last week, maybe replace O'Halloran with Waghorn.

I'd be the same mate, you could be right thinking back to when crooks was put in against hearts.

2 hours ago, Wearethepeople72 said:

Too big a game to throw them back into IMO.

I'd keep the same team as last week, maybe replace O'Halloran with Waghorn.

Exactly. Why would you change a winning team, from a game like that, where the starters did the damage for a change?

None of the guys returning have done enough to say they should come straight back in - let's try and get a bit of continuity going.