Goals vs Aberdeen analysis

RFCRobertson

Guest Lloyd72
3 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Hit Barrie Mackay on the way through,

Slight deflection but didn't change where it was going by that much and he still had the vision to see Kenny making the run

5 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Slight deflection but didn't change where it was going by that much and he still had the vision to see Kenny making the run

I reckon it would have been cut out before it reached Milller, but Garner has a sharp footballing brain, when his feet catch up he will be a player alright.

The first took advantage of the fortunate deflection off Barrie McKay......but that takes nothing away from Miller's quick thinking and movement to capitalise on getting the break.   The second was very well worked and well finished.

Presumably though as well as focussing on the positives of the goals scored Warburton will have a good look at the way Aberdeen were able to carve out the opportunity to put in a very good cross unchallenged cross put into the box to their striker who was not marked and had a free header which he missed.  And the earlier shot which Wes did very well to push away.   As well as a continuing need to carve out goal scoring chances and take more of them.......there is still a fair bit of work to be done in to make defensive duties more secure and assured.

Will be very good if the goal scoring form can be repeated or bettered against Hearts this Saturday.   There is no room for complacency.

The whole build up play to the second was brilliant. Have been a big critic of McKay but he pretty much made that goal himself. Doesn't show it in the clip but he played an outstanding ball over their left back to Waghorn just before that clip starts. Nice wee nutmeg as well.

Stockley pretty much should've planted that free header - watching the highlights back I just can't believe he missed :lol:

Similarly though, Wallace should've planted that 1st half effort of his! A great wee lay-up from Mckay to let Wallace in on goal. Should've had that!! 

13 hours ago, Bobby Hume said:

Bottom line ..... McKay unintentionally assisted in first goal, and intentionally assisted the winner ..... basically he had a productive afternoon,

Well done Barrie McKay ...... he made Garner's  pass look better than it actually was .... :P

:uk:

Come on Bobby ffs! Back in the 50's and 60's Davie Wilson used to hit pinpoint passes to Jimmy Millar via the body of Ralphie Brand week in week out, so it's evident wee Barrie has been watching old clips of the master himself.

I remember asking Davie about it at Broomfield after an Airdrie game and his answer was I'm just following my billiards routine :D

Now that had me fairly flummoxed until he explained that if he couldn't be sure of pocketing the Red, then he always did the Cannon shot off Brand...Get down the billiard hall after training,Barrie, you set up that Cannon from Garner perfectly :pipe:

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Jeez some cant stop the Garner hatred. 

He saw and played that ball for Miller the fact it wouldn't have come off without a bit of luck takes nothing away from his vision of the game. 

Or are we going to start calling bits of luck our way just crap play. 

There's no hatred at all. We all appreciate his effort. Some of us just shake our heads when people say he has "great close control", etc. when he has limited control of any kind. Sorry.

2 hours ago, ronniescu said:

There's no hatred at all. We all appreciate his effort. Some of us just shake our heads when people say he has "great close control", etc. when he has limited control of any kind. Sorry.

He's a target man who hardly ever loses the ball played up to him. That's his job not being nimble and skipping past 2/3 players  

Ive no idea what close control had to do with his attempted pass to Miller. ?