Do you miss the Ne'erday Old Firm games?

The Widow's Son

2 minutes ago, Willis said:

Even in Manchester before the final I was saying "I'd rather win the league than the UEFA Cup, because winning the league means beating  them and I fucking love beating them"

That league title is still the most painful to this day,we should have won the lot that season bar the UEFA Cup itself.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

This years fixture is the very definition of a meaningless.  You think Celtic fans will care if they lose that game?  They're 8 points in front with 3 games in they'll still be Champions regardless of that result.  Rangers fans celebrating an individual performance over them in the league when we've clearly been bested overall just shows how far the standards have fallen.  Some of you are trying very hard to bring meaning to it and label any type of victory by us as significant.  I can assure you that a new years victory will bring me no comfort at all when those cunts win the title again and are yet another year closer to winning the nine.  A win creates a bit more distance between us and Hearts in the battle for second place and that's the only positive to be taken.  Is this years fixture anything like the old days when the two teams would battle for the league and an Old Firm win was vitally important?  No, it's a galaxy far, far away. 

Is this post a joke??? No matter what these games always mean something. If we played them In a friendly it would still mean the world to me beating these bastards.

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Fuck up, Pokemon boy :lol: 

At least I only have dodgy phone apps, most cunts on here have dodgy mentalities that are near enough against the club ffs:lol:

Just now, Lloyd72 said:

Imagine not caring about an old firm match doh I know he says he's not one but @THE_MIGHTY_BEARS is the dodgiest cunt on here some of his posts have been worse than others which have gotten cunts banned

The question asked in this thread was do you miss the games.  I don't and your claim is that I'm a Celtic fan.  It has nothing to do with the perfectly sound reasoning I have provided you with?  Aye, alright then.

Guest Lloyd72
6 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

The question asked in this thread was do you miss the games.  I don't and your claim is that I'm a Celtic fan.  It has nothing to do with the perfectly sound reasoning I have provided you with?  Aye, alright then.

I don't care about that but the fact you said you wouldn't care if we beat them bothers me tbh because I don't know any real Rangers fan who feels the same as you.

4 hours ago, Corky True Legend said:

The thing is, back in these days, even the polis were good for a bit of banter at Ne'erday games. You had to really overstep the mark to get huckled. We sang what we wanted, they sang what they wanted. No chance of getting these days back in the Peoples Democratic Republic of Scotland.

M8 agree, but just read this thread you even have wee cunts on here being offended, turning into a nation of whinging fairies. 

3 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

If we win the New Year game it won't men anything.  The title's long gone.  It helps Create a bit more distance between us and Aberdeen I suppose.  

Celtic will drop points and this game may knock to their confidence. If anything the game may get bigger in its importance, if we hit a run and they hit a wobble. And, the league is not long gone, plenty to go yet. I hope Rangers beat them with their 40 million pound players and everything. No defeatist attitude from me; you don't win leagues by giving up.

6 hours ago, Lloyd72 said:

I don't care about that but the fact you said you wouldn't care if we beat them bothers me tbh because I don't know any real Rangers fan who feels the same as you.

It's over.  Let's just hope we're ready for next season.

19 hours ago, ZZed said:

Celtic will drop points and this game may knock to their confidence. If anything the game may get bigger in its importance, if we hit a run and they hit a wobble. And, the league is not long gone, plenty to go yet. I hope Rangers beat them with their 40 million pound players and everything. No defeatist attitude from me; you don't win leagues by giving up.

This. We threw away the league ourselves in 2012. Practically handed it to them on a silver platter. They will drop points and I can honesty say I will never feel "empty" beating them.

@THE_MIGHTY_BEARS says they'll not care if we beat them? Of course they will. Their whole being is about us, everything they do involves us whether it is talking about us at their AGM to spending their hard earned giros on taking ads out in foreign papers. They live to hate us and spend more time talking about us than loving their own club. When we beat them in Hogmanay they will be raging.

• 4 weeks later...

I said a few weeks ago that todays result would be meaningless and I still stand by that comment.  A win today would've been nice in terms of bragging rights but it certainly wouldn't have changed anything in terms of the title race.  Rangers were fighting for second place before todays game, and that's still the case now.  I certainly wont be flipping my lid because Celtic have extended the gap from 16 points to 19 points.  The gap may as well be 30 points at this stage it makes no difference they've won it.  Is it acceptable to finish this season in second place?  Many said it was and we're still on track to do that.  Todays result hasn't changed anything.