Derek Ferguson: Big Brother

Prso's headband

This is Derek Ferguson's book and it is SOLD OUT EVERYWHERE. I have tried Waterstones, Amazon, WH Smith, Asda, Tesco, Soccer Books (who emailed me back to say they couldn't locate one supplier with one copy at all). The only ones that are new are being sold on amazon for hundreds or thousands of pounds. Does anyone know why this is the case and why this book has basically become extinct and can anyone point me in the direction of said book? I'd prefer not to buy a used one but it is looking ever likely. 

It's doing my head in why it is so rare and it's the only thing my dad wants for Christmas. 

derek ferguson.jpg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Did even know this existed. 

Was going to go to town a bit but for once I'll keep shut and not ruin/derail your thread.

Hope you find a copy, preferably a second hand copy so he doesn't get anymore coin. 

10 minutes ago, Johnny Dangerously said:

Wonder why it's so popular? I liked him as a player but that fuckin shoulder of his let him down seemed everytime he fell he dislocated it. 

Said things at times that didn't endear him to the support either.

I'd like you both to elaborate haha! I'm nowhere near old enough to remember him or what he said. It won't change my Dad's perspective of him whatever he said. Like many people with McCoist even after what hes done.

Just now, Prso's headband said:

I'd like you both to elaborate haha! I'm nowhere near old enough to remember him or what he said. It won't change my Dad's perspective of him whatever he said. Like many people with McCoist even after what hes done.

lol there's loads of stuff mate but him sat on Radio Scotland with Cosgrove, Spiers and Spence one Saturday when we were either on the bus going to or coming back from Aberdeen and he was talking about Rangers fans and bigotry .. totally jumping on the bandwagon and saying stuff like "absolutely Graham - it's a cancer" that was a bit that stuck in my mind.

Was not the only time, either. 

Saying his brother Barry was right to walk out on Rangers and go to Blackburn - that stuck in my craw too.

He turned into a right little appeaser and sat with the same guys ... along with people like Billy Dodds too it must be said while they were calling us cheats and a new club. Not one defence. Nothing.

Fucking midden he is. He's no Rangers man as far as I'm concerned, like so many of our ex-players cash is king they don't care if we go to the wall or never win another thing again, alsong as he get's a grand or so for his Saturday shift on the tranny. 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

lol there's loads of stuff mate but him sat on Radio Scotland with Cosgrove, Spiers and Spence one Saturday when we were either on the bus going to or coming back from Aberdeen and he was talking about Rangers fans and bigotry .. totally jumping on the bandwagon and saying stuff like "absolutely Graham - it's a cancer" that was a bit that stuck in my mind.

Was not the only time, either. 

Saying his brother Barry was right to walk out on Rangers and go to Blackburn - that stuck in my craw too.

He turned into a right little appeaser and sat with the same guys ... along with people like Billy Dodds too it must be said while they were calling us cheats and a new club. Not one defence. Nothing.

Fucking midden he is. He's no Rangers man as far as I'm concerned, like so many of our ex-players cash is king they don't care if we go to the wall or never win another thing again, alsong as he get's a grand or so for his Saturday shift on the tranny. 

:power_of_anguish: I hate stuff like that man. I don't know why they do it. It's extremely frustrating. Derek Johnstone, McCoist, Barry Ferguson to an extent as well. If I had made as much as these guys did the last thing I'd be doing for a couple of grand is sit next to any of they cunts and agree with them over things like that. 

29 minutes ago, Johnny Dangerously said:

Wonder why it's so popular? I liked him as a player but that fuckin shoulder of his let him down seemed everytime he fell he dislocated it. 

Said things at times that didn't endear him to the support either.

He should have got a Laterjet Procedure

10 minutes ago, Johnny Dangerously said:

Yeah him actively encouraging Barry to leave Rangers and go down South to better himself pissed me right off at the time. Barry was a star in our team then.

It's the professionals view on things.  With the greatest respect in the world, any player with ambition doesn't really want to use Scottish football as anything more than a stepping stone.

By the sounds of it they only made a certain amount and once they were sold then that was it. Had so much potential as a player but became another Terry Butcher/Billy Dodds and realised that he will earn more money slating us than sticking up for us .

He was the catalyst in Barry moving to Blackburn, he wanted his brother to live the live he never and badgered him into it.

2 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

Should be a good read he was on the inside during the Souness time and must have a lot of insights into Barry's time as captain 

If I remember right he doesn't have much good too say about Souness , sure he starts off saying he doesn't want sympathy and pity then pretty much a sob story of excuses after that 

13 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

If I remember right he doesn't have much good too say about Souness , sure he starts off saying he doesn't want sympathy and pity then pretty much a sob story of excuses after that 

I was hoping he would have been bigger than that. The only reason Derek Ferguson failed to fulfill his potential was Derek Ferguson he had the sort of opportunity most of us would crawl over hot coals for but he just pissed it up against a wall