Derek Ferguson: Big Brother

Prso's headband

I was at a Q&A session last year in which Ian Ferguson and Derek Ferguson appeared.

Amongst the many questions asked, one was whether they thought there were people in the Scottish media they believed had agendas with regards to Rangers.

One said no, the other said there absolutely was.

I'll let you guess who said what.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Story I was told, by a good Rangers man

More ability than Barry but the drink took over

Picked Rum before Rangers, a complete drunk who was sold to Hearts after refusing to stop / slow down the bevvy

Flipped off the Rangers support when playing at Hearts,  we were chanting Alky Alky  and, "For Fuck Sake Fergie Let Him Bye Ye"  :lol:

What a waste,  if he played to his potential he wouldn't have to rely on the Bheebs tainted shilling like fellow hertz legend Alan Preston a more Sanctimonious cunt is hard to find 

Derek was the better player, both are absolute pricks, younger one took millions from Rangers and still collects his 20 pieces of silver from the DR or Sun.

Back to the Op, no idea why the book would be in demand.

Checked Amazon.CA, 91 dollars, they're having a laff.

EOne copy for sale 2,100 dollars??????

4 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

This is Derek Ferguson's book and it is SOLD OUT EVERYWHERE. I have tried Waterstones, Amazon, WH Smith, Asda, Tesco, Soccer Books (who emailed me back to say they couldn't locate one supplier with one copy at all). The only ones that are new are being sold on amazon for hundreds or thousands of pounds. Does anyone know why this is the case and why this book has basically become extinct and can anyone point me in the direction of said book? I'd prefer not to buy a used one but it is looking ever likely. 

It's doing my head in why it is so rare and it's the only thing my dad wants for Christmas. 

derek ferguson.jpg

Check with his pals at the BBC, radio Clyde or the rhecord

5 hours ago, Johnny Dangerously said:

Wonder why it's so popular? I liked him as a player but that fuckin shoulder of his let him down seemed everytime he fell he dislocated it. 

Said things at times that didn't endear him to the support either.

Is it because only 50 copies were made?

Some utter cunts on this thread the lad is a die hard as is his old man and wanting to give him a book he always wanted. 

As for the Fergusons I grew up watching them and Barry was fantastic for us so although a bizarre request to find this book not everyone holds a grudge and maybe there is a certain part he wants to confirm he maybe heard at the time or wants to find him and chuck it in his face who knows.

46 minutes ago, ex-guardsman said:

Some utter cunts on this thread the lad is a die hard as is his old man and wanting to give him a book he always wanted. 

As for the Fergusons I grew up watching them and Barry was fantastic for us so although a bizarre request to find this book not everyone holds a grudge and maybe there is a certain part he wants to confirm he maybe heard at the time or wants to find him and chuck it in his face who knows.

I'm with you on this one pal. I grew up watching both of them as well and it was a pleasure to watch both. Barry I saw more of, and in my opinion he's the best Scottish player I've saw in a Rangers strip.

To come on here and see some people call guys like Barry Ferguson this, that and a prick. Well you'd think this wasn't actually a Rangers forum at times.

I liked D Ferguson, at the time, and thought that he was going to become one of the greatest players to have played for us. However injuries, and the booze, stopped him from achieving that goal. 

I think that, at his peak, he was a better player than Barry, but only for a short period of time. 

Between the two of them only Barry should be inducted into the Rangers Hall Of Fame. Whereas Derek would've easily won a place in the hall of shame, had it ever existed.

Maybe we should start a Hall of Shame for ex-players who have done the dirty, on Rangers, and/or the Support?

5 minutes ago, CF2 WINNIE said:

Given that I'm too young to have seen Ian Ferguson play I can only really form a proper opinion of the man on the radio, Rangers hating wank

Think you may have the wrong one there!

Ian Ferguson would have run through a brick wall for Rangers when he played for us. And he still would.