The Rangers Museum. Famous Artefacts.

tannerall

Just seen Tommy Cooper's famous fez will be put on display in the V&A museum in London.

So which famous objects would you like to see in the Rangers museum ?

My first would be a combo of Jorg Albetz's famous left boot and Paul Lambert's teeth.

And my second would be Tom Forsyth's cup winning right boot studs.

10 hours ago, tannerall said:

Just seen Tommy Cooper's famous fez will be put on display in the V&A museum in London.

So which famous objects would you like to see in the Rangers museum ?

My first would be a combo of Jorg Albetz's famous left boot and Paul Lambert's teeth.

And my second would be Tom Forsyth's cup winning right boot studs.

Dave kings wallet and murrays crutches 

21 hours ago, Pennyboy said:

Has to be the Arsenal shares, that was part of our history and should of been in the trophy room with everything else, and that little fckn prick sold them as soon as he got his foot in the door. ???

(tu)

That was the subject of my first ever post on here back in September 2012. (My standard has gone down quite a lot since :).)

" I remember going to the 1973 centenary celebration game against Arsenal in the new "centenary" stand (the old middle terrace.)

(If I remember right the admission that night was based on the 100 year old price and was 10P !!!)

At that time Arsenal and Rangers were the most succesful and respected teams in Britain.

The two teams who played that night, had a lot of common history. Both were traditionally the most succesful teams in their countries. Both were then "the establishment". Both had dominated their countries sport, especially in the 20s and 30s when two of the three greatest managers of all time had built hugely succesful teams. (Struth and Chapman). Both were seen as great ambassadors for their countries, providing the greatest and most respected internationalists. (The 1945 games by both against Moscow Dynamo are still fondly talked about and respected by true football fans). Also the many "Battle of Britain" games between the teams.

Both teams achievements carried on through the war years to the 50s, 60s and 70s, so it was only natural that the two greatest British teams should take part in Rangers centenary celebrations.

Okay it soured a bit as the lesser rabble made gains on us (Manure,Lividpool,Smelltic)

and the Liam Brady/North London Oirish connections to Arsenal soured it more.

But then Craig Whyte arrived and I discoverd one of those things that make football special.

We had helped Arsenal with funding when they were in a helpless position, and when secure as special gesture of thanks had sent us shares in the club.

As far as I am concened these shares demonstrate all that is/was good aboutthe game I love and the team I love.

The value of these shares ? Priceless.

You cannot put a value on tradition, history, achievement and class.

If we get these shares back (I admire the above posters suggestion that Arsenal could gift us them, and we would mak e a repayment gesture)then it would help us back to the greater level of dignity which we had striven for so much in the past.

Quite simply if there is any way to get them back then we should.

P.S.As a first time poster (previously banned from Follow Follow for elaborating what FTP stood for by using the word f*ck)I would like to add:

We are the people, we are the history, the integrity and the tradition of Scottish football

and we will be the future of Scottish fotball, f*ck the SPL.

P.P.S. F*ck Craig Whyte"

2 hours ago, tannerall said:

(tu)

That was the subject of my first ever post on here back in September 2012. (My standard has gone down quite a lot since :).)

" I remember going to the 1973 centenary celebration game against Arsenal in the new "centenary" stand (the old middle terrace.)

(If I remember right the admission that night was based on the 100 year old price and was 10P !!!)

At that time Arsenal and Rangers were the most succesful and respected teams in Britain.

The two teams who played that night, had a lot of common history. Both were traditionally the most succesful teams in their countries. Both were then "the establishment". Both had dominated their countries sport, especially in the 20s and 30s when two of the three greatest managers of all time had built hugely succesful teams. (Struth and Chapman). Both were seen as great ambassadors for their countries, providing the greatest and most respected internationalists. (The 1945 games by both against Moscow Dynamo are still fondly talked about and respected by true football fans). Also the many "Battle of Britain" games between the teams.

Both teams achievements carried on through the war years to the 50s, 60s and 70s, so it was only natural that the two greatest British teams should take part in Rangers centenary celebrations.

Okay it soured a bit as the lesser rabble made gains on us (Manure,Lividpool,Smelltic)

and the Liam Brady/North London Oirish connections to Arsenal soured it more.

But then Craig Whyte arrived and I discoverd one of those things that make football special.

We had helped Arsenal with funding when they were in a helpless position, and when secure as special gesture of thanks had sent us shares in the club.

As far as I am concened these shares demonstrate all that is/was good aboutthe game I love and the team I love.

The value of these shares ? Priceless.

You cannot put a value on tradition, history, achievement and class.

If we get these shares back (I admire the above posters suggestion that Arsenal could gift us them, and we would mak e a repayment gesture)then it would help us back to the greater level of dignity which we had striven for so much in the past.

Quite simply if there is any way to get them back then we should.

P.S.As a first time poster (previously banned from Follow Follow for elaborating what FTP stood for by using the word f*ck)I would like to add:

We are the people, we are the history, the integrity and the tradition of Scottish football

and we will be the future of Scottish fotball, f*ck the SPL.

P.P.S. F*ck Craig Whyte"

Really good read....?

I felt fiscally sick when I found out about he had sold the shares, partly because he had sold them , but a deeper realisation  was sinking in was that he didn't have the best interests of our great club at heart...

And that shook me to the core.

The baw or bit of turf from both Nesbitt and Jelavic's mad goals. Jelavic's v Celtic of course.

Goram's gloves after the Van Hooi.. whatever his name is, save from about 5 yards.

Barry's belt he used to hold up his trackies then swung about in Bothwell.