Celtics Jim McCafferty admits absuing youngsters

Rambo1872

Suitability for post  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Should this thread remain in the Bears Den

• Yes
    • No

'There are so many I can't remember'

Paedophile former Celtic coach, 71, who waged a 20 year campaign of sexual abuse against young players admits his crimes to 'cleanse his soul' 

Jim McCafferty, 71, admitted he'd attack underage footballers in the showers

He said: 'I understand it was wrong, I was wrong and I did wrong and I am sorry'

Ex-Southampton star Matt Le Tissier claims coach gave him 'naked massage'

Bob Higgins was also accused by another player yesterday - but denies claims 

A former Celtic coach has admitted he has lost count of how many young players he abused over 20 years but has now confessed to 'cleanse his soul'.

Jim McCafferty, 71, admitted he would attack underage footballers in the showers after matches and called them 'teenage orgies'.

The pensioner, who lives in Belfast, has offered to hand himself into police and named four footballers he attacked in Scotland in the 1980s and 1990s.

McCafferty has been confronted with his years of abuse and decided to 'unburden himself' about how he attacked one of the boys to 'toughen him up'.

Scandal: Jim McCafferty, 71, circled left with a Celtic youth team, admitted he would attack underage footballers in the showers after matches and called them 'teenage orgies'

He claims only one boy ever confronted him and said any sex he had with young footballers was consensual.

But the former coach - who was kit man for Celtic -  says he should be punished after he was confronted by the Irish Mirror.

He said: 'I understand it was wrong, I was wrong and I did wrong and I am sorry.

'I have remorse. I know if I’m found guilty I will have to serve time and in my mind, I’ve said to myself that that’s what I’ll have to pay back for what I’ve done and I’m OK with that'.

He added: 'I never raped a boy. Most clubs, most players would have been involved. It was part of the game. Now I can take a breath again. My concern is if someone who hurts me when I’m walking down the street.'

McCafferty had links to several high profile Scottish clubs including Celtic, Falkirk and Hibernian, according to the Mirror.

A Celtic spokesman said: 'This is an extremely serious allegation which we have immediately passed on to Police Scotland'.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, M0NTY said:

'There are so many I can't remember'

Paedophile former Celtic coach, 71, who waged a 20 year campaign of sexual abuse against young players admits his crimes to 'cleanse his soul' 

Jim McCafferty, 71, admitted he'd attack underage footballers in the showers

He said: 'I understand it was wrong, I was wrong and I did wrong and I am sorry'

Ex-Southampton star Matt Le Tissier claims coach gave him 'naked massage'

Bob Higgins was also accused by another player yesterday - but denies claims 

A former Celtic coach has admitted he has lost count of how many young players he abused over 20 years but has now confessed to 'cleanse his soul'.

Jim McCafferty, 71, admitted he would attack underage footballers in the showers after matches and called them 'teenage orgies'.

The pensioner, who lives in Belfast, has offered to hand himself into police and named four footballers he attacked in Scotland in the 1980s and 1990s.

McCafferty has been confronted with his years of abuse and decided to 'unburden himself' about how he attacked one of the boys to 'toughen him up'.

Scandal: Jim McCafferty, 71, circled left with a Celtic youth team, admitted he would attack underage footballers in the showers after matches and called them 'teenage orgies'

He claims only one boy ever confronted him and said any sex he had with young footballers was consensual.

But the former coach - who was kit man for Celtic -  says he should be punished after he was confronted by the Irish Mirror.

He said: 'I understand it was wrong, I was wrong and I did wrong and I am sorry.

'I have remorse. I know if I’m found guilty I will have to serve time and in my mind, I’ve said to myself that that’s what I’ll have to pay back for what I’ve done and I’m OK with that'.

He added: 'I never raped a boy. Most clubs, most players would have been involved. It was part of the game. Now I can take a breath again. My concern is if someone who hurts me when I’m walking down the street.'

McCafferty had links to several high profile Scottish clubs including Celtic, Falkirk and Hibernian, according to the Mirror.

A Celtic spokesman said: 'This is an extremely serious allegation which we have immediately passed on to Police Scotland'.

.....30 years too fuckin late.  Shamed into it.

3 minutes ago, M0NTY said:

The shitstorm thats coming is going to be massive and rightly so

I was reading in another thread that that's 5 been named at Celtic park now. Surely it's an implication of a ring of some sort. 

A catholic gave birth to the club and it looks like the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. 

The fact the bastard goes on to try and justify what he did is unbelievable.

As for the slamming the stable door after the horse has bolted by the scum, too late ya shower of mhanks bastards your whole club should be shut down and that cesspit you call a stadium reduced to dust. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

The fact the bastard goes on to try and justify what he did is unbelievable.

As for the slamming the stable door after the horse has bolted by the scum, too late ya shower of mhanks bastards your whole club should be shut down and that cesspit you call a stadium reduced to dust. 

They demolished savilles cottage because of what happened in there so.....

3 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

I was reading in another thread that that's 5 been named at Celtic park now. Surely it's an implication of a ring of some sort. 

A catholic gave birth to the club and it looks like the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. 

It's blatantly obvious there has been a systematic organised level of abuse within the scum for decades. 

The SPFL & SFA can spend tons of money on an investigation into EBTs but won't do anything to take action against a club that has had nonce after nonce working for them?

How many times now has that happened over at that mob?  You really wonder what that mob would have to do before any investigation was opened against them.

14 minutes ago, M0NTY said:

The shitstorm thats coming is going to be massive and rightly so

You think so? Unfortunately I don't share your optimism. They'll walk away from this no bother with zero actions against them!

1 minute ago, B1872 said:

You think so? Unfortunately I don't share your optimism. They'll walk away from this no bother with zero actions against them!

I fucking hope so mate, a part of me shares your view also but i hope somebody somewhere has the decency to investigate celtic fc and any other. Even our own. I would rather if we had anything to hide we brought it up before it gets dragged up through the coming processes. It seems that no club has been immune to the infiltration of paedophiles to gain lawful access to young kids who only dreamt of being football stars and this was used against them to keep them silent.

1 minute ago, M0NTY said:

I'm tempted to join a celtic forum just to tell them once again....i dont think i could handle it though there will be some defending it.

They will see this just the same way the coach does just a bit of fun.