Should Celtic FC be shut down?

Gaz52

Nonce FC closed down  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Close them down?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, ZZed said:

Not yet. I want them to be publicly exposed, vilified, shamed, crippled with fines, high profile management ex and present arrested and jailed, and then once the world knows they are the Jimmy Savile of football clubs they should be shutdown. If not then thrown in to the Third division as they will not come back from it. 

What did the third division do so wrong to deserve that shit? A special 4th division should be

set up with only one team so they can play with themselves every week. Oops, play themselves.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Gooseman said:

the title stripping is not, form my point of view at least, us taking advantage of the situation.  the club, any club for that matter, have been criminally negligent and this point cannot be forgotten.  child abuse, as we all know, is a horrific act and as far as I am concerned the punishments have to be as wide ranging as they are sever.  Make no mistake every sporting organisation in the land needs to be made fully aware that complete transparency is not only expected but demanded when dealing with children and young people. 

in this country there isn't, as far as I know, any precedents for something of this magnitude.  Speaking as a father and not as a football fan I would want any organisation that interfered with my child consigned to history.

Yeah, but that's the point. In this case by 'an organisation' we're probably talking about groups of individuals that are no longer there. Maybe some that are. The organisation also includes a whole raft of people that took no part in it, and the collapse of sellic could affect people outwith the organisation that had no part in it either. I don't see any benefit in disbanding a club or revoking it's license for any extended period.

Where it's possible to punish those that are responsible and avoid punishing those that are not, that should be done. Which is why shutting a club down would be wrong IMO. Maybe the only exception would be that if it has been repeated (which it seems to have been), then shutting the club down for a short time to ensure immediate measures are put in place to avoid future incidents. Or even just disbanding their youth wing. Other than that I'd say everything is on the table for consideration.

In my view, punishments should be as follows, in order of importance...

1. Prison for those responsible for child abuse.

2. Prison for those that failed to report child abuse to the police or made efforts to cover it up.

3. Financial penalties for the club and compensation payments.

4. Stripping of titles for the club during the relevant periods.

5. Relegation.

I do agree that an example should be made to make organisations understand what will happen if you fail to put the appropriate structures in place to prevent child abuse, and put child welfare above your own image.

38 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Yeah, but that's the point. In this case by 'an organisation' we're probably talking about groups of individuals that are no longer there. Maybe some that are. The organisation also includes a whole raft of people that took no part in it, and the collapse of sellic could affect people outwith the organisation that had no part in it either. I don't see any benefit in disbanding a club or revoking it's license for any extended period.

Where it's possible to punish those that are responsible and avoid punishing those that are not, that should be done. Which is why shutting a club down would be wrong IMO. Maybe the only exception would be that if it has been repeated (which it seems to have been), then shutting the club down for a short time to ensure immediate measures are put in place to avoid future incidents. Or even just disbanding their youth wing. Other than that I'd say everything is on the table for consideration.

2. Prison for those that failed to report child abuse to the police or made efforts to cover it up.

5. Relegation.

I do agree that an example should be made to make organisations understand what will happen if you fail to put the appropriate structures in place to prevent child abuse, and put child welfare above your own image.

As much as I voted for shutting them down, taking a step back and reading your posts I have to agree with your thoughts.

What has happened makes my blood boil but there are people involved in their club who have nothing to do with this who would also be innocent victims in the heinous goings on of past organisations who were in charge at that cess pit.

Make no mistake, there are still currently people working there who must have knowledge of what has gone on and these people need to be taken to task and shown up for what they are for still refusing to come forward.  I expect a full criminal investigation to be carried out.

I would however disagree slightly in saying that numbers 1-5 should ALL be the minimum to be expected.  They should be punished to the full scale that is capable so to ensure that this can never happen again, and for the SFA to scrape back some sort of credibility.

As other posters have said, we were almost kicked out of existence by the rest of Scottish football for something that was legal and fully disclosed. It was the SFA themselves, a certain Murray & Whyte that set us off on the path to where we are now.

They have to be held to account,

55 minutes ago, Inigo said:

5. Relegation.

Apart from the jail time, their licence sould be revoked. Gone, fucking history. End of.

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Apart from the jail time, their licence sould be revoked. Gone, fucking history. End of.

Not for me. Punish it and clean it up whilst jailing the individuals responsible. Same with the BBC. Same if for the Catholic Church. Same if it turns out Chelsea or whatever other club turns out to be in the same boat. Same for any other industry, organisation or company.

That now tainted club should be stripped of titles corresponding to the number of years the abuse is proven for as punishment. (Precedent Penn State)

And condemnation from the authorities and  all football fans should follow , especially if there was any cover-up.

Lawsuits should follow thick and fast.. 

Most of the English clubs which have had allegations of abuse made against them recently, have immediately said they would start club investigations. Wonder if the taigs will do this publicly too. (And I bet the beastly the bastards have probably been investigating internally and sweeping it under the carpet for decades now)

Aye. i'd have them shut down. never gonna happen though. would like to see punishments handed out though. fine them, strip titles, dropped down the leagues, games held behind doors, no tv money, banned from cup competitions, 5 non-consecutive  season european ban (if they ever qualify again) and publicly shamed by the media. if they wont be shut down then throw the fucking book at the bastards.