Should Celtic FC be shut down?

Gaz52

Nonce FC closed down  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Close them down?

• Yes
    • No

After yet more revelations about child abuse that went on at Parkhead, should this horrible institution be allowed to continue? 

There should now be genuine concerns over child safety at the club IMO. Even as a punishment for past abuse and out of respect for the victims, this club should not be allowed to continue to operate and make money. 

I can't think of any other football club who's management, directors etc have harboured as many criminals? These crimes deserve the death penalty in my eyes, abusing vulnerable young children is as low as you can get. 

It's time for major repercussions, they can't be allowed to just keep brushing these off like they're nothing. 

Shut the dirty, inhumane Celtic Football Club down!

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Worth discussing. Personally, I reckon title stripping, fines, relegation and jail for those involved would be a more appropriate punishment.

I voted yes obviously, but without them in the mix scottish football would return to what it was before we came back up. But still, if i need to go and watch the gers ride every team in the league and the football suffer to a certain degree it would be worth it when it comes to draining the scottish swamp

If there were 5 cases of abuse at any other place, there would be a full criminal enquiry. As I dont believe the police are quite in cellics pocket yet, I am awaiting this happening.

Particularity given the latest old geezers latest testimony where it seems it was common practise. Thats it at a whole new level and he is looking at serious jail time, so I expect to see deals getting cut and for the full extent of this to be blown wide open. Its coming.

If they have been shown time and again to ignore this or cover it up i expect to see severe consequences for the club. They wont be shut down though.

No and as amusing as it would be, I wouldn`t want them gone completely. I`d say a heavy fine (by heavy I mean potentially crippling), 5 year ban from Europe, titles stripped (although from what time period and how many is another debate) and possibly a transfer embargo should do it.

8 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

If there were 5 cases of abuse at any other place, there would be a full criminal enquiry. As I dont believe the police are quite in cellics pocket yet, I am awaiting this happening.

Particularity given the latest old geezers latest testimony where it seems it was common practise. Thats it at a whole new level and he is looking at serious jail time, so I expect to see deals getting cut and for the full extent of this to be blown wide open. Its coming.

If they have been shown time and again to ignore this or cover it up i expect to see severe consequences for the club. They wont be shut down though.

You have to say they should be in line for at least as much strife as we have had to deal with in the last few years ... I can't think of anything worse than facilitating years of child abuse and the penalties should reflect that 

Just now, Thermopylae said:

You have to say they should be in line for at least as much strife as we have had to deal with in the last few years ... I can't think of anything worse than facilitating years of child abuse and the penalties should reflect that 

your right Thermo - years and years of systematic child abuse is AT LEAST as bad as going into administration....

5 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

your right Thermo - years and years of systematic child abuse is AT LEAST as bad as going into administration....

I would say MUCH worse we were put through the ringer for something that was openly declared in our accounts they on the other hand made paedophilia common place in one part of Scottish football :power_of_anguish: