* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After reading some of the comments on the bbc facebook page, I feel slightly better.

Fans of all teams are having a right go at the tims. Hopefully show the country what despicable cunts they really are.

And they wouldn't do the same themselves? Come on mate. Saw a St Mirren fan sum it up perfectly; Celtic are damn lucky but rules are rules.

One of those days you will wake up.

Minstral read Mitre's post and you will see the rules have been followed as has happened to other teams in this situation.

It's a sore one to take agreed but the poles broke the rules and UEFA acted.

There's no conspiracy, there is no fiddling going on (for a change) and it's just a case of Warsaw being careless.

Minstral read Mitre's post and you will see the rules have been followed as has happened to other teams in this situation.

It's a sore one to take agreed but the poles broke the rules and UEFA acted.

There's no conspiracy, there is no fiddling going on (for a change) and it's just a case of Warsaw being careless.

From The BBC website - a precedent was set in 2010 where a team was only fined for the same misdemeanour.....

However, in 2010, Uefa fined Debrecen £15,000 but rejected a protest from opponents Litex Lovech, who wanted the Hungarian side kicked out of the tournament for fielding an ineligible player.

Debrecen argued that they fielded Peter Mate in good faith as a substitute in Bulgaria when they were leading 4-1 on aggregate.

Uefa ruled that Debrecen had "no interest in fielding this player for the three last minutes of additional time, when the score was so clearly in its favour".

I really do not like the cut of you jib.

The fact you have an orange mod badge makes it even more worrying.

No wonder we are heading for espanyolification.

FFS what has he done bar state the obvious?

The Poles were the ones who fucked up and made a tit of an error, the tims got pumped but the rules are if you field a player who has a ban then it's a 3-0 defeat for that game.

I just can't get mu head around how lucky they are. I'm sure they'd be more than a little embarrassed if they weren't completely shameless.

Pretty dreadful news to wake up to. This is bad, bad news for us. They've just found 18 Million pounds that some mugger took from them and dropped as he ran for it.

Rules or not, it's harsh to punish a team like this for a 3 minute admin mistake that made no difference to anything. Some other punishment should have been applied to Legia, not a potential 15 Million pound fine.

What rules state that a 2-0 win by warsaw Legia should be turned into a 3-0 win for Celtic?

If a match is overturned it always results in a 3-0 win for the team who didnt commit the offence. Its in some UEFA regulation, has been for years.

They've been thrown out...

Yes I have just found out from my Legia pal in Warsaw. I would hate to be the one who fucked up on this one.

The Legion boys are full of fury as I speak.

Lazienkowska street will be a good place to stay away from at the moment.

The fact they'll more than likely go through now is annoying.

Can't get over Legia doing that in the last few mins when 6-1 up :anguish:

Aya it's a sickener that for 3 minutes of nothing that this can happen..be different if he had an impact on the result but a 87th minute sub?

:lol:

The rules are the rules but surely to fuck they need to be ammended as this is a bit pish.

Archived