* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

He had 45mins and done absolutely fuck all.  It amazes me how many people have conned themselves in to believing he wasn't on the pitch at all. 

Every player was fucking shite that day. Bit harsh to single out Halliday when he's probably been our most consistent midfielder so far this season.

I still can't get my head around the seeth towards Halliday on here from some folk. 

12 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

He had 45mins and done absolutely fuck all.  It amazes me how many people have conned themselves in to believing he wasn't on the pitch at all. 

The whole team done fuck-all. Windass done a few things but he doesn't get pass marks either. Win as a team, lose as a team.

Just now, BF2 said:

Every player was fucking shite that day. Bit harsh to single out Halliday when he's probably been our most consistent midfielder so far this season.

I still can't get my head around the seeth towards Halliday on here from some folk. 

People think he only gets praise because he's a Rangers fan and they can't expand their narrow minds beyond that, so fail to see what he actually brings to us in a footballing perspective 

There's always a streak of jealousy when it comes to young Scottish players playing for Rangers, they always come in heaviest for criticism, remember Barry Ferguson is just a "ned that got lucky" according to some 'Rangers' fans

McKay is 'shite' not even average or not very good, just point blank "shite" 

So many wee alternative wankers on here who are desperate to go against the grain on every subject so they stand out from the crowd, attention seeking catholic behaviour 

1 minute ago, Gaz52 said:

People think he only gets praise because he's a Rangers fan and they can't expand their narrow minds beyond that, so fail to see what he actually brings to us in a footballing perspective 

There's always a streak of jealousy when it comes to young Scottish players playing for Rangers, they always come in heaviest for criticism, remember Barry Ferguson is just a "ned that got lucky" according to some 'Rangers' fans

McKay is 'shite' not even average or not very good, just point blank "shite" 

So many wee alternative wankers on here who are desperate to go against the grain on every subject so they stand out from the crowd, attention seeking catholic behaviour 

It's honestly baffling. At first I thought he was getting pelters because he was playing regularly but wasn't one of our glamour signings (Joey, Niko etc) but it seems it's gone to a personal level towards Andy. 

He doesn't big himself up. He doesn't say he's going to be amazing and fail spectacularly (unlike some). He just gets his head down and gets on with his game. Yes he often speak of his love for Rangers, largely because he's asked out it constantly. And I think he's a pretty solid midfielder in to the bargain.

Yes it could be a jealousy thing. I do remember the pelters Ferguson got/still gets. Whatever the reason is I wish people would just wind their necks in and rate him on how he performs on the park.

19 minutes ago, BF2 said:

Halliday has either slept with @THE_MIGHTY_BEARS's missus or bullied him at school. His insistence on digging him out is almost unhealthy.

I had a similar debate with him a few weeks ago; he singled-out Halliday's performance against Celtic at Parkhead and I struggled to fathom how on earth someone, anyone, could watch that match and target Halliday, looking beyond Barton, Kranjcar, Senderos, Kiernan, etc. Frightening.

34 minutes ago, BF2 said:

I never "singled out Halliday".  I simply pointed out that he had played that day.

36 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

The whole team done fuck-all. Windass done a few things but he doesn't get pass marks either. Win as a team, lose as a team.

I agree.  We capitulated as a team.  Where have I said differently?

12 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Halliday has either slept with @THE_MIGHTY_BEARS's missus or bullied him at school. His insistence on digging him out is almost unhealthy.

I had a similar debate with him a few weeks ago; he singled-out Halliday's performance against Celtic at Parkhead and I struggled to fathom how on earth someone, anyone, could watch that match and target Halliday, looking beyond Barton, Kranjcar, Senderos, Kiernan, etc. Frightening.

I simply pointed out that he played during the last Old Firm game.  He got a full 45mins and done nothing.  Am I wrong?  Did he have a smashing game?

47 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

That's why I said he came on at half time. We controlled first 15 mins of second half got caught with a sucker punch and then went down to 10. Hard to judge him on that 

Since he contributed nothing that day I'm willing to go out on a limb and say that was a shite performance.  I appreciate you giving it a bit of spin and trying to turn a poor performance in to a bad one but I'm not buying it.

7 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I simply pointed out that he played during the last Old Firm game.  He got a full 45mins and done nothing.  Am I wrong?  Did he have a smashing game?

What a grim response. That won't wash. It's not even worth responding to, so I'll refer you to my original point; you're over-looking not simply worse, but abysmal, performances to highlight him.

I think the amount of times you've had to defend your opinion on this subject emphasises it's lack of credibility.

16 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Since he contributed nothing that day I'm willing to go out on a limb and say that was a shite performance.  I appreciate you giving it a bit of spin and trying to turn a poor performance in to a bad one but I'm not buying it.

You're a mongo tho 

7 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

What a grim response. That won't wash. It's not even worth responding to, so I'll refer you to my original point; you're over-looking not simply worse, but abysmal, performances to highlight him.

I think the amount of times you've had to defend your opinion on this subject emphasises it's lack of credibility.

I simply pointed out that Andy Halliday played in the last Old Firm game.  It was a very simple and factually correct point.  Seeing his fan club come on and acting hysterical in response to this point is a source of great amusement for me.  Thanks (tu)

1 hour ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

There's a difference between coming on into a game and being in the game from the start. If he's coming in halfway through, where Celtic have had free reign and are on a high horse in the midfield no amount of bravado or confidence will change that. Barton, Niko and Windass didn't have control of the midfield.

Midfield control HAS to be established in the opening minutes of the game, a marker of dominance placed down. if it's not established there then it won't be regained. Halliday was coming into a game where we were 2-1 down and soon enough 3-1 down. Celtic would've been on a high and breaking that down isn't easy. 

This will come across as "Bartons fault case #19123" but it really is, he's the holding mid and should be controlling the midfield offering support, getting the ball back and generally being a cunt. Halliday did and still does all 3 of those. 

1 minute ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I simply pointed out that Andy Halliday played in the last Old Firm game.  It was a very simple and factually correct point.  Seeing his fan club come on and acting hysterical in response to this point is a source of great amusement for me.  Thanks (tu)

I repeat, this nonsense won't wash.

Just now, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I've beaten you with logic so you're only response is to call me names?  Did you learn that debating technique in the playground?

Logic? At what point did I spin it to.him playing well?

Honest to fuck you're a no righter

1 minute ago, RFCRobertson said:

There's a difference between coming on into a game and being in the game from the start. If he's coming in halfway through, where Celtic have had free reign and are on a high horse in the midfield no amount of bravado or confidence will change that. Barton, Niko and Windass didn't have control of the midfield.

Midfield control HAS to be established in the opening minutes of the game, a marker of dominance placed down. if it's not established there then it won't be regained. Halliday was coming into a game where we were 2-1 down and soon enough 3-1 down. Celtic would've been on a high and breaking that down isn't easy. 

This will come across as "Bartons fault case #19123" but it really is, he's the holding mid and should be controlling the midfield offering support, getting the ball back and generally being a cunt. Halliday did and still does all 3 of those. 

You've confused me with someone who actually cares.  I said Andy played in the last Old Firm game and did nothing and I'm right.  I have no interest in getting in to a debate about it.

1 minute ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

You, of all people, claiming any form of logical victory? :lol::lol:

You're not well.

Are you still going :lol:

A simple mention of Andy Halliday having played in the last Old Firm game and you're fucking hysterical :lol:

Archived