*** Official Rangers vs Liverpool Thread ***

nvager

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

liverpool could put out 3 teams that would beat us. That's the world we live in.

Big overreaction to a nothing game here. Sure it wont help confidence for Tuesday, but Kaunas are not Liverpool.

In the same way that I said pre-match if we won 5-0 it would not change anything, a 0-4 humping tells us nothing about the coming season.

If it gets some players a bit more match sharpness, and we are now ready to play at the correct pace on Tuesday, then today has been a success, whatever the scoreline.

I am sure players dont bother too much about the scorelines in friendlies, I know I never have. The 2 good "results" last pre-season in the Ibrox rip-off, sorry glamour, matches told us absolutely nothing about our readiness for the season to come, and I am confident todays result will not affect the players too much.

Does anyone really believe that if we draw Liverpool in the CL group stages, they will win 4-0, when Barcelona couldn't even beat us?

I think the EPL have finally disappeared over the horizon, all those years of big spending have finally left the teams up here completely unable to compete. To think it was only 20 years ago that were able to sign up the England internationals but needless to say those days are long gone

In the same way that I said pre-match if we won 5-0 it would not change anything, a 0-4 humping tells us nothing about the coming season.

If it gets some players a bit more match sharpness, and we are now ready to play at the correct pace on Tuesday, then today has been a success, whatever the scoreline.

I am sure players dont bother too much about the scorelines in friendlies, I know I never have. The 2 good "results" last pre-season in the Ibrox rip-off, sorry glamour, matches told us absolutely nothing about our readiness for the season to come, and I am confident todays result will not affect the players too much.

Does anyone really believe that if we draw Liverpool in the CL group stages, they will win 4-0, when Barcelona couldn't even beat us?

(tu) NO SURRENDER :rangers:

Exactly, we beat Chelsea 2-0 last year. Doesn't change anything.

Ferguson is as good as finished and what was he meant to do?

It doesn't take Ferguson or Cuellar to win games, football is a team game and if we are a one or two man then that is ridiculous. On a whole we are just not good enough!

Ferguson is the captain and he is the idol to many of the younger Scottish players. Cuellar is our best player. Are you saying that we wouldn't be doing better if we had those two players available? Imagine Liverpool without Gerrard or Torres, Man Utd without Ronaldo and Rooney. Every team needs their best players playing at their peak to challenge teams above them. We don't have that and we are being outclassed.

It doesn't take Ferguson or Cuellar to win games but it would definitely help. We are not good enough to challenge Liverpool but thankfully, they are not going to be in the SPL.

Look Ferguson or Cuellar aren't gonna help all that much are they if we continue to play the likes of Weir, Adam, Dailly, Broadfoot and McCulloch. Ferguson over the last few season has become injury prone and if we are relying on him well we are most definitely fucked and I'm not caring if he's your idol, he's not mine and he deserve critism as much any others do. What I'm saying he's not as good as he used to be. Cuellar no one is disputing how good he is, but his replacements are fucking dire!

Liverpool or Man Utd have won games without their top players in the ELP and in Europe. What I am getting at we are not good enough and even without those 2 players we should still be able to put up some fight, effort, spirit, passion because after all this is Rangers Football Club and if they can't do that then they shouldn't be playing for us!

I think the EPL have finally disappeared over the horizon, all those years of big spending have finally left the teams up here completely unable to compete. To think it was only 20 years ago that were able to sign up the England internationals but needless to say those days are long gone

during the time that English teams were banned from Europe, that's the only reason they would come to Scotland.