Cuellar said it himself

FlippinEck

He is young, and wants to play for the national team. Yet, you got a glimmer of recognition from Xavi and the new spain manager, so, Carlos, seeing as you are so young, what was stopping you from staying here for at least another year to see if you could get that "Success" that you so desperately crave (none of which you will get at aston villa) and a chance at the national team? then you could move on if you never got it, heck you could even have signed a new contract (with a higher get out clause or no get out clause at all) and still left after a year, of which we would not have begrudged you...? it baffles me really.

He is young, and wants to play for the national team. Yet, you got a glimmer of recognition from Xavi and the new spain manager, so, Carlos, seeing as you are so young, what was stopping you from staying here for at least another year to see if you could get that "Success" that you so desperately crave (none of which you will get at aston villa) and a chance at the national team? then you could move on if you never got it, heck you could even have signed a new contract (with a higher get out clause or no get out clause at all) and still left after a year, of which we would not have begrudged you...? it baffles me really.

Carlos is no saint in this episode by any means

It just shows you, people are not always what they seem to be.