Players we signed and thought they were going to be good and turned out shite,

pcbear

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rozenthal ...

He didn't get injured in a match, he got injured by shaggin' a girl he met at a Rangers Party in a hotel on the River Clyde (Can't remember its name)

This story was told to me by a guy i work beside, his previous employer held a party at the same hotel on the same night and this "injury" was seen by a few poeple ... also confirmed, independantly, by some one else i know from the same company.

And the injury just took its toll after he scored against St Johnstone?Maybe we are on about something else but his original injury from his debut pretty

much fucked him up,unless he got his dick cut off or jumped off the Club deck into her i find it hard to believe that story

Lionel Letizi - Great pedigree but looked terrible for us.

Stale Stensaas - Big Kirk would make a far better left back, simply wasn't good enough.

Basil Boli - I don't know what went wrong, he was awful!

Karl Svensson - Next big thing or was that next big mistake?

Daniel Prodan - He was a great player! However not for us, that was a costly mistake.

Bert Konterman - As the story goes his gran taught him to play football...sounds about right.

Peter Van Vossen - There was hype around him at the time yet he was never allowed to forget that miss. He then went on to rip Brazil to shreads in a friendly match for Holland. Football is weird! He looked good the few games he moved out to left wing but he just never showed what he could do.

Jonas Thern - I remember about 5 of my mates had Thern on the back of there strip, that was stupid :lol: Another great player who never did anything.

Emerson - This looked to be an amazing deal, sadly he was only here for his 20k a week.

Nuno Capucho - I watched this guy rip Celtic a new arsehole, then watched him shit all over us. Irony anyone?

Sebastian Rozenthal - The next big thing, well he was fat as fuck! My mate played in the reserves at the time and told me story that Rozenthal discovered Mars bars while over here and the rest was history.

Tor andre Flo - I remember the buzz going on when he signed, what a deal we all thought. Sadly the Chelsea super sub turned out to be a Rangers dud. He had a decent goal scoring record in the SPL, however he offered nothing else and at 12M he was a massive flop.

Some players are slightly out of position, although all have played in these roles at some stage. On paper it doesn't look that bad in terms of how they were before us, what is it we do to players?

Rangers biggest disappointments XI

Letizi

Prodan Svensson Boli Stensaas

Capucho Konterman Emerson Van Vossen

Flo Rozenthal

Dissappointments for me

Boli - massive reputation and was pish

Guivarch - see above

Kuznetsov - unlucky with injury

Gems

Cuellar - honestly couldnt remember him and wasnt expecting much

Wilkins - just brilliant

Spackman - something about the big man and not an expensive signing

Negri - Up until the "squash" incident, did he know where the net was?

Cannigia - thought he was past it but im glad i seen him play

Novo - He hates the Tims

Prso - He hates them as well

Jonas Thern - I remember about 5 of my mates had Thern on the back of there strip, that was stupid :lol: Another great player who never did anything.

Tor andre Flo - I remember the buzz going on when he signed, what a deal we all thought. Sadly the Chelsea super sub turned out to be a Rangers dud. He had a decent goal scoring record in the SPL, however he offered nothing else and at 12M he was a massive flop.

I thought Thern was very decent in his short time here, and he was worth all the money for that goal against Celtic alone.

Flo also scored an excellent number of goals. It wasn't his fault he cost £12m, but we did recoup half of that so we only had a net spend of £6m.

Van Vossen, Boli, Salenko, Konterman, Guivarc'h, Flo, Kanchelskis all being the big money flops

Then theres guys on the lower end of the scale such as Capucho, Vanoli, Emerson, Mladenovic, Bernard, Dailly, McCulloch etc

I dont blame Prodan, Webster, Rozental etc... they got injured.... hardly thier faults!

Dissappointments for me

Boli - massive reputation and was pish

Guivarch - see above

Kuznetsov - unlucky with injury

Gems

Cuellar - honestly couldnt remember him and wasnt expecting much

Wilkins - just brilliant

Spackman - something about the big man and not an expensive signing

Negri - Up until the "squash" incident, did he know where the net was?

Cannigia - thought he was past it but im glad i seen him play

Novo - He hates the Tims

Prso - He hates them as well

Forgot about Wilkins in my original, i had never gave him much notice before he signed, i was taken in by the press calling him boring, the crab etc, that was a signing that completley underwhelmed me, how wrong i was, the guy was a superb footballer maybe the best £ for £ one i can remember.

big oleg kuznetsov. we all thought he was going to be shit hot. fucked his knee in the 2nd game at st johnstone but i suppose injury robbed us again there. prodan and rozental too while kanchenskis didnt do much.

I'm only 14 and i'm wondering what was this famous Van Vossen miss was like.Anyone want to tell me?

just google it, i don't think anyone wants to be reminded of that howler, however i did say there are worst sitters out there.

namely the kiev *sp keeper at ibrox caught the ball waited for every body to retreat then proceeded to throw the ball to his defender however be bumbled the ball to a rangers player who then placed a pass to another ger to tap it in. :craphead:

or tim wieser <_<

I thought Thern was very decent in his short time here, and he was worth all the money for that goal against Celtic alone.

Flo also scored an excellent number of goals. It wasn't his fault he cost £12m, but we did recoup half of that so we only had a net spend of £6m.

My team was more based on disappointment factor than how they played. Thern was a good player but he never showed half of his ability at us.

As for Flo I did state that he had a good amount of goals but he simply wasn't worth the money and was a disappointment for the fans. It was never his fault, he just didn't offer enough.

If it was the worst team we would have seen alot more duds than that. All of the players mentioned came with a good pedigree but never lived up to there hype.

Seb Rozenthal - was meant to be the new maradonna!

i have to go with that, because the amount of media hype for him was just crazy. shame

only big thing i saw in him TBH, was that fat arse. :craphead:

oleg solenko and muscat

he was really unlucky with injuries,if im correct he scored on his debut and injured in the same match,

offered to play for a year with no pay because he didnt feel he deserved it because he was crocked,a good man

was it st johnstone he scored against at ibrox?

McDairmid Park I think. I definitely saw him play for us there anyway.

Seb Rozenthal - was meant to be the new maradonna!

i have to go with that, because the amount of media hype for him was just crazy. shame

only big thing i saw in him TBH, was that fat arse. :craphead:

oleg solenko and muscat

he was really unlucky with injuries,if im correct he scored on his debut and injured in the same match,

offered to play for a year with no pay because he didnt feel he deserved it because he was crocked,a good man

was it st johnstone he scored against at ibrox?

McDairmid Park I think. I definitely saw him play for us there anyway.

Im certain his debut was in a scottish cup tie v St Johnstone at Ibrox

"The Miss" will never be my abiding memory of Van Vossen. I remember him more for 1 game against the Sheep, can't remember if it was home or away. We were, if my memory serves me well, 2-0 down when Van Vossen came on as sub. He completely changed the game, scoring 1 and laying on 2 more, or vice versa. We won 3-2, he was only on the park for half an hour and he was given an ovation when he came off. Superb stuff!