Northern Irish MP comes out against Irish Consulate

OlegKuznetsov

He slams them for their hypocrisy and giving credence to a campaign on internet sites that promote the IRA.

He called on the SPL to intervene against IRA chants.

Good man! East Londonderry MP!

The Irish Government has been criticised after its diplomats raised with Alex Salmond concerns over racist chants sung by Rangers fans at last month's Old Firm game.

Northern Ireland politician Adrian McQuillan claimed that they had been 'led up the garden path' by an internet campaign sympathetic to terrorist organisations such as the IRA.

Celtic fans were left incensed by the chant, nicknamed the Famine Song, which makes repeated reference to the Irish potato famine, in which a million people were killed and a million more forced to flee the country.

Scores contacted the Irish Government, who raised the issue during formal talks with SNP ministers and encouraged fans to contact the clubs, the police and Fergus Ewing, the Scottish minister responsible for tackling sectarianism.

But Adrian McQuillan, Democratic Unionist Party MLA for East Londonderry, argued that Celtic fans sing 'offensive' chants about the IRA and called on the Scottish football authorities to tackle the problem.

He said: 'I'm disappointed to hear the Irish Government has been led up the garden path by a targeted internet campaign that has originated from websites that express support for dissident Irish republican terrorists and those responsible for the Omagh bombing.

'The Irish Government has spent years interfering in the internal affairs of Northern Ireland, now it seems they intend to do the same in Scotland.'

He said several of his constituents had accused Celtic fans of singing about the IRA, but he had been disappointed by the response of the club and Scottish Premier League.

from the Telegrapth.co.uk

Quite frankly this is getting ridiculous, we dont need politicians making their own capital out of this.

True. thats how it all began though.

(tu) Jack McConnell was it?

Aye.

He had no idea how to lead a country, or come up with new policy ideas that might benefit the nation.

So instead he came up with a cluster fuck idea of tackling sectarianism.

Its gone from "secret shame" to international embarrassment.

Quite frankly this is getting ridiculous, we dont need politicians making their own capital out of this.

True. thats how it all began though.

(tu) Jack McConnell was it?

Aye.

He had no idea how to lead a country, or come up with new policy ideas that might benefit the nation.

So instead he came up with a cluster fuck idea of tackling sectarianism.

Its gone from "secret shame" to international embarrassment.

As I stressed last year football songs get a higher media profile than people getting beaten in the street and tackling that problem is alot harder than targeting Rangers.

The Irish Government has been criticised after its diplomats raised with Alex Salmond concerns over racist chants sung by Rangers fans at last month's Old Firm game.

Northern Ireland politician Adrian McQuillan claimed that they had been 'led up the garden path' by an internet campaign sympathetic to terrorist organisations such as the IRA.

Celtic fans were left incensed by the chant, nicknamed the Famine Song, which makes repeated reference to the Irish potato famine, in which a million people were killed and a million more forced to flee the country.

Scores contacted the Irish Government, who raised the issue during formal talks with SNP ministers and encouraged fans to contact the clubs, the police and Fergus Ewing, the Scottish minister responsible for tackling sectarianism.

But Adrian McQuillan, Democratic Unionist Party MLA for East Londonderry, argued that Celtic fans sing 'offensive' chants about the IRA and called on the Scottish football authorities to tackle the problem.

He said: 'I'm disappointed to hear the Irish Government has been led up the garden path by a targeted internet campaign that has originated from websites that express support for dissident Irish republican terrorists and those responsible for the Omagh bombing.

'The Irish Government has spent years interfering in the internal affairs of Northern Ireland, now it seems they intend to do the same in Scotland.'

He said several of his constituents had accused Celtic fans of singing about the IRA, but he had been disappointed by the response of the club and Scottish Premier League.

from the Telegrapth.co.uk

Good on him. I just hope his speaking out carries more luck than that pish Bain spouted, "constructive discussion with the relevant authorities."

What the fuck has been achieved that could be called constructive?

Relevant authorities? Oh fuckin really. One narked Tim complains to the Irish Consulate in London and all hell breaks loose in Scotland.

Good on him. I just hope his speaking out carries more luck than that pish Bain spouted, "constructive discussion with the relevant authorities."

What the fuck has been achieved that could be called constructive?

Relevant authorities? Oh fuckin really. One narked Tim complains to the Irish Consulate in London and all hell breaks loose in Scotland.

New national anthem!!!!!!

I hope this ends up dropping them in a whole pile of shit.

What goes around comes around and their comeuppance isn't too far off...

I think Sir Arthur Harris put it best when he said something along the lines of "the Germans were under the misapprehension that they would bomb everyone else in this war but no one was going to bomb them". Doesn't timmy realise that even with the cowardly mhedia we have in this country the more they try and drop us in it the more likely that someone, somewhere, will lift the lid on the festering bigotry at septic :ph34r:

I hope this ends up dropping them in a whole pile of shit.

What goes around comes around and their comeuppance isn't too far off...

I think Sir Arthur Harris put it best when he said something along the lines of "the Germans were under the misapprehension that they would bomb everyone else in this war but no one was going to bomb them". Doesn't timmy realise that even with the cowardly mhedia we have in this country the more they try and drop us in it the more likely that someone, somewhere, will lift the lid on the festering bigotry at septic :ph34r: