Lovenkrands wants Schalke exit

BlueSuedeSambas

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo - I was just waiting on Lovenkrands and his agent getting to work.

I don't want the shitebag anywhere near Rangers.

1) We don't need him - plenty other positions needing filled.

2) He'd be played out of position.

3) He only plays when he feels like it.

4) We shouldn't be bringing any ex player or manager back.

Can't say I'd mind signing Arteta or Gio tbh.

I'd agree though, keep him away from Rangers. (tu)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was watching the 02/03 season review, lovenkrands impact in a lot of the games from out wide or upfront was phenomenal, scored good goals and important goals and got a good few assists, if he could recreate that type of form, id take him back in a heart beat

Lovenkrands is one of those players who I always think should be way better and more effective than he actually is. I would want him back here, but then I remember how appallingly bad he was for us the last few months before he left.

Maybe he could be a replacement for JCD for a pacy forward though. Surely there are better things to do with the money though.

I don't agree with bringing any ex player or manager back. Arteta is a quality player but he's another shitebag.

By shitebag, what do you mean? If you mean flair player who doesn't get stuck in, well, isn't that the point of guys like Messi etc - are they all shitebags? Or...what.

Again, we will be linked with him through the January transfer window, and if he doesn't get a move to another club during the summer transfer window but I can't see it happening now, we already have a lot of options up front, Boyd/Miller, Lafferty/Novo, somewhere in between all that Naismith/Velicka, and then there are the younger players such as Loy and Lennon if he returns in January, as for midfield we have Aaron, Fleck and Furman as younger players, Lovenkrands plays in a position where we have plenty in reserve and plenty of cover it's the defence we really have to be looking at.

I don't agree with bringing any ex player or manager back. Arteta is a quality player but he's another shitebag.

By shitebag, what do you mean? If you mean flair player who doesn't get stuck in, well, isn't that the point of guys like Messi etc - are they all shitebags? Or...what.

No, don't mean that at all.

I mean by the way he left Rangers. He couldn't get back to the San Sebastian quick enough. Then got over his homesickness really quickly when the EPL and Everton came calling.

Quality player, one of the best in the Premiership.

No, don't mean that at all.

I mean by the way he left Rangers. He couldn't get back to the San Sebastian quick enough. Then got over his homesickness really quickly when the EPL and Everton came calling.

Quality player, one of the best in the Premiership.

I kinda agree with that, well about Arteta

The thing about bringing back ex players/managers, not so sure about

Without Smith, we wouldnt have had Manchester (take it on ots own)

Miller has proved people wrong by having the season of his life so far, and, for me, PL is a better option than we have on the left at the mo, bar the prospect of Aaron, but, if the 2 options were those, far better than Adam/McCulloch/Lafferty (on the wing I have to add)

There are always those who come back that will fail to hit the previous height,s, however, as a blanket no, I would disagree, however, choosing wisely I think is the key

Meanwhile, Rangers will face competition from Fulham if they try to sign former Ibrox favourite Peter Lovenkrands.

The Danish forward is out of favour at Schalke 04, and wants to move next month to improve his hopes of going to the World Cup in South Africa in 2010. He said: "I have to leave the club to have a chance of being included in the national team. I see no reason to stay if I do not play. I am looking for a new club."

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/headlines...all_on_deal.php

are there only a few people on here who remember the REAL lovenkrands.

by that I mean the one who flourished from nov 2001-may2002 and signed a big money contract and then was posted awol until his purple patch in nov2005-may 2006(or contract renewal time :craphead: )

lovenkrands back at ibrox??please god no

no thanks, really not a big fan of players returning to their former clubs. It rarely works out. Lovenkrands was good when he was played as a striker but IF he came back here he would get stuck on the wing and hes not very good out there. Hes on £30k+ a week at shalke so i highly doubt he would take a big pay cut to come back here and we wouldnt pay that sort of money for him.

I disagree.

Ferguson

Hately

Both worked.

Hutton might be - He would be welcomed.

Cuellar - Have back in a heartbeat

Lovenkranks - To be honest, He loved the club, his wife is Scottish. There is only one club he wants to play for now, Rangers. Bring him back. Velicka, Adam, Burke, Dailly, McCulloch, Darcheville, Hemdani, S.Smith, G.Smith - Thats more than enough players to give him a nice wage packet etc.

In all honesty, a CB and a LM (cover ST) are what we need.

no thanks, really not a big fan of players returning to their former clubs. It rarely works out. Lovenkrands was good when he was played as a striker but IF he came back here he would get stuck on the wing and hes not very good out there. Hes on £30k+ a week at shalke so i highly doubt he would take a big pay cut to come back here and we wouldnt pay that sort of money for him.

I disagree.

Ferguson

Hately

Both worked.

Hutton might be - He would be welcomed.

Cuellar - Have back in a heartbeat

Lovenkranks - To be honest, He loved the club, his wife is Scottish. There is only one club he wants to play for now, Rangers. Bring him back. Velicka, Adam, Burke, Dailly, McCulloch, Darcheville, Hemdani, S.Smith, G.Smith - Thats more than enough players to give him a nice wage packet etc.

In all honesty, a CB and a LM (cover ST) are what we need.

Thats debatable.

Iv always been a fan of Lovenkrands and id personally welcome him back with open arms. Produced some magic moments in europe for us and was one of the fastest players in the SPL. With fierce competition for a place in the team i think he would flourish. Would take some of the pressure off Boyd for being pretty much the only goalscorer in the team.