Beckham bound for Ibrox

Fixxxer

I doubt we'll get an injury, unless it's an unavoidable one that could have happened any time.

It'll be played a testamonial pace at best.

I'm 23 on the 2nd, a ticket for this would be a nice present :)

We're always complaining about our board not getting Rangers enough exposure to wider audiences, now moaning that we are! I think this is a great move, good preparation for 'Tic game as well.

Heh, i'm 19 on the 3rd! Looks like my birthday is sorted as well.

I think this is a really great idea.

A 2 week break in between games is a long time in football terms. Remember how we looked like we were lacking in sharpness during the Lyon game after we cancelled the confrontation with Gretna?

The game won't jade us in any way. It'll be played at a slow tempo and i'd be shocked if any of our players lasted the full 90.

Well done to the board.

Woohoo!

:beer2: Pub time!

should be good game :beer2:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim, i totally understand why you wouldn't pay £25 for a friendly. Normally i would stay well clear, but the chance to see one of my footballing idols in David Beckham is too good for me to turn down.

I think the club have arranged this friendly in the view that it's benefiting the team in a playing sense, as well as financially.

I don't agree with the £25 price, it's excessive, but it's one of those games where i'm just going to have to bite the bullet.

Inverness, Falkirk, Aberdeen, St. Johnstone all away in January. celtc, Hamilton and possibly a cup game away in February. Then they expect the fans to come up with more money. Fcuk that. I'm glad I handed back my ST this season and refuse to go to any games. Money isn't a problem to me but there are a lot of people out there who can't afford to go to all these games.

The supporters are always left with the bill after the club fcuks up.

dont see the point of a friendly in the middle of the season. I for one wont be going to it. Not that i wouldnt like to but theres no way i can get over midweek from northern ireland just for a friendly game.

Jim, i totally understand why you wouldn't pay £25 for a friendly. Normally i would stay well clear, but the chance to see one of my footballing idols in David Beckham is too good for me to turn down.

I think the club have arranged this friendly in the view that it's benefiting the team in a playing sense, as well as financially.

I don't agree with the £25 price, it's excessive, but it's one of those games where i'm just going to have to bite the bullet.

Inverness, Falkirk, Aberdeen, St. Johnstone all away in January. celtc, Hamilton and possibly a cup game away in February. Then they expect the fans to come up with more money. Fcuk that. I'm glad I handed back my ST this season and refuse to go to any games. Money isn't a problem to me but there are a lot of people out there who can't afford to go to all these games.

The supporters are always left with the bill after the club fcuks up.

Its hardly compulsory

You fancy it, you go, if you dont , dont go

Dont see the fuss tbh, ill be there as like Papaguy I would pay to see Ronaldinho do keepy ups

has details been released about this yet and when the possible sale of tickets to public are available?

tickets on sale tomorrow for season ticket holders, 25th for public sale

season tickets holders: £23 and £10

public sale: £25 and £12

anyone know kick off time?

dont see the point of a friendly in the middle of the season. I for one wont be going to it. Not that i wouldnt like to but theres no way i can get over midweek from northern ireland just for a friendly game.

Same here mate, i'd love to go but it's too soon after the new year for me.

Went to the Chelsea friendly in 2007 though, was worth every penny to see Cuellar have Drogba in his back pocket all day :)

Knew that day we had a star. :unionflag:

I'm a bit surprised at the negative reaction this is getting. Ronaldinho, Kaka, Beckham, Seedorf, Pirlo etc... will all be at Ibrox. There isn't many better teams than Milan so if you can afford it then you should go (tu) It's not like we play teams like this every week.

I'm a bit surprised at the negative reaction this is getting. Ronaldinho, Kaka, Beckham, Seedorf, Pirlo etc... will all be at Ibrox. There isn't many better teams than Milan so if you can afford it then you should go (tu) It's not like we play teams like this every week.

Very true,

I'm sure there will be a good turnout at this game, and the chance to see some of the world's greatest players at Ibrox doesn't come along that often.

Very true,

I'm sure there will be a good turnout at this game, and the chance to see some of the world's greatest players at Ibrox doesn't come along that often.

The negative reaction is because it's much more interesting to complain than to praise.

1: Kaka and Pirlo are abysmal these days and are brilliant in name only.

2: Milan are flaky these days and can play brilliantly one week and dire the next.

There are many better sides around than Milan right now, sadly.

Oh man, is Pirlo finished now? He was one of my favourate players the last few seasons, not seen him in a while though :(

I wouldn't say finished - but I feel he needs a new challenge. Ditto Kaka.

Both are capable of way more than they've delivered over the past 2 years.

I think they need to leave because they're stale at Milan.

If teams were bidding for them based on form Kaka would be worth £5M and Pirlo £1M. They really are that mediocre at the moment.

This is exactly the kind of exposure our club needs as it will reap so many benefits. We simply must market our club and tradition at every opportunity and this is an excellent one. Well done to those behind the scenes who have until now been falling short in this department. :unionflag:

This is exactly the kind of exposure our club needs as it will reap so many benefits. We simply must market our club and tradition at every opportunity and this is an excellent one. Well done to those behind the scenes who have until now been falling short in this department. :unionflag:

As long as we dont get pumped again like the Liverpool match it will be fine