Protest Against Rangers!

GovanFrontGers

Now first i want to say it really hurt me to even type that title, but after hearing the news about the possible police being doubled for the game on the 27th i think it has now got to the stage we will have to protest directly against our own club.

Rangers as a club should be up in arms at the prospect of the police singleing out and targeting it's fans while all other fans are free to do and sing what they want. But it looks like Rangers and Murray could well be behind this.

Why should we as fans of 1 club turn up to a game and be targeted more than any other club????

The only thing stopping me abusing that shite and singing on the 27th will be getting arrested.

Sick of being told what i can and can't say.

THE FAMINE IS OVER

WHY DON'T YOU GO HOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cant agree anymore with you. Got to stage that we can say anything for fear of being arrested.

Rangers are not really bothered. They just don't want bad publicity, thats all their interested in.

They will never defend TFS - Bain's already described it as a "wind-up" but stopped short of defending it. That's as much as we're going to get. Murray's already said that we are being "singled-out" but stopped short of defending anything we sing. That's as much as we're going to get.

The lines have been drawn and everybody's clear where everybody stands.

Sounds like Strathclyde Police have decided to up the ante. Rangers clearly cannot stop us being singled-out by the Police.

Rangers are not really bothered. They just don't want bad publicity, thats all their interested in.

They will never defend TFS - Bain's already described it as a "wind-up" but stopped short of defending it. That's as much as we're going to get. Murray's already said that we are being "singled-out" but stopped short of defending anything we sing. That's as much as we're going to get.

The lines have been drawn and everybody's clear where everybody stands.

Sounds like Strathclyde Police have decided to up the ante. Rangers clearly cannot stop us being singled-out by the Police.

Do you honestly beleive if it was Celtic they would just sit back and take this?

Do you honestly beleive if it was Celtic they would just sit back and take this?

Nope, I don't. I'm just commenting that Rangers will not do anything - they will never do anything because Murray hates being saddled with "sectarian baggage" more than anything else in the world.

He just wants it all to go away and he's in no position to force either the police or the fans into doing what he wants. Nightmare scenario for him - and not one that he's going to get involved in, other than perhaps to repeat once again that he believes we are being singled-out.

Nope, I don't. I'm just commenting that Rangers will not do anything - they will never do anything because Murray hates being saddled with "sectarian baggage" more than anything else in the world.

He just wants it all to go away and he's in no position to force either the police or the fans into doing what he wants. Nightmare scenario for him - and not one that he's going to get involved in, other than perhaps to repeat once again that he believes we are being singled-out.

Far enough and i agree with alot of what you say but there comes a time when your the leader as such of an organisation when you have to fight back.

Simply this - Murray would not allow this stuff to happen to MIH FACT.

Far enough and i agree with alot of what you say but there comes a time when your the leader as such of an organisation when you have to fight back.

We are agreed mate. Trouble is, you can bet that Strathclyde Police have been under immense pressure from MP's, MSP's, Celtic FC, celtic-supporting MOPES, general MOPES, media et al to sort out TFS. It has been designated as racist and possibly sectarian by all and sundry. Only Rangers fans and supporters of other teams familiar with football banter have even bothered to defend/explain/justify it. Our 'influence' seems to have melted away.

Rangers FC have a weak hand becasue they have a weak leadership which has allowed itself to be on the back foot for so long now it seems impossible to them to get out of it. The argument has been lost in their eyes and there is no chance of winning it back again before the 27th.

What we're left with is what looks like being an awful flashpoint and the fact that ordinary decent people WILL get arrested for this, be branded bigots, get their names in the paper, maybe lose their jobs etc etc etc etc etc. Murray's line wil be "look, you were told not to sing it, you were told about the consequences, don't blame me".

Its a fecking disgrace.

We are agreed mate. Trouble is, you can bet that Strathclyde Police have been under immense pressure from MP's, MSP's, Celtic FC, celtic-supporting MOPES, general MOPES, media et al to sort out TFS. It has been designated as racist and possibly sectarian by all and sundry. Only Rangers fans and supporters of other teams familiar with football banter have even bothered to defend/explain/justify it. Our 'influence' seems to have melted away.

Rangers FC have a weak hand becasue they have a weak leadership which has allowed itself to be on the back foot for so long now it seems impossible to them to get out of it. The argument has been lost in their eyes and there is no chance of winning it back again before the 27th.

What we're left with is what looks like being an awful flashpoint and the fact that ordinary decent people WILL get arrested for this, be branded bigots, get their names in the paper, maybe lose their jobs etc etc etc etc etc. Murray's line wil be "look, you were told not to sing it, you were told about the consequences, don't blame me".

Its a fecking disgrace.

Thats what annoys me the most, ordinary decent folk will end up in jail and out of there jobs, when they can sing about killing us, the world has gone mad.

Your spot on about the weak leadership, the single largest reason we need Murray out.

Now first i want to say it really hurt me to even type that title, but after hearing the news about the possible police being doubled for the game on the 27th i think it has now got to the stage we will have to protest directly against our own club.

Rangers as a club should be up in arms at the prospect of the police singleing out and targeting it's fans while all other fans are free to do and sing what they want. But it looks like Rangers and Murray could well be behind this.

Why should we as fans of 1 club turn up to a game and be targeted more than any other club????

.. you have to laugh sometimes - you want to start a protest, based on a rumour, posted on the internet !! :lol: :lol:

.. you have to laugh sometimes - you want to start a protest, based on a rumour, posted on the internet !! :lol: :lol:

Oh look, the chuckle brother has arrived.

Afternoon Brother - Surely even someone with a white van can see the irony of the opening post - lets protest against the club we love based on a single rumour, from a single source, on the internet !! - been 'chuckling' scince I read that!

Afternoon Brother - Surely even someone with a white van can see the irony of the opening post - lets protest against the club we love based on a single rumour, from a single source, on the internet !! - been 'chuckling' scince I read that!

Even though it's a rumour,it's one that holds no surprise if true.

To you, to me, to you, to me....... :rolleyes:

Will you still be chuckling if it turns out to be fact & timmy gets to walk all over us whilst we have to sit on our hands, tight-lipped? Possibly singing about bluebells (big fuckin wow).

It makes no odds to me what happens, SDM won't be getting a penny from me. The mere fact that those bhastards are being allowed to set the agenda should be enough for anyone to say "enough".

To you, to me, to you, to me....... :rolleyes:

Will you still be chuckling if it turns out to be fact & timmy gets to walk all over us whilst we have to sit on our hands, tight-lipped? Possibly singing about bluebells (big fuckin wow).

It makes no odds to me what happens, SDM won't be getting a penny from me. The mere fact that those bhastards are being allowed to set the agenda should be enough for anyone to say "enough".

WVB - IF any Rangers fan gets arrested for SINIGING the famine song, AT IBROX (in the stadium) , I will PUBLICALLY apologise and be your bhitch for a week and agree with everything you say for a week - IF you do the same the other way about! Note that is SINGING - not Breech of the peace (unless agrivated by SINGING) - what say ye !!