Referee today

nvager

Willie Collum looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights all day, some of his decisions were utterly baffling. To send Papac off for a nothing tackle like that is a perfect example of his incompetence.

The ref had a really bad game today. He lost the plot pretty early on and it just got worse from there. The two red cards were just ridiculous, a yellow perhaps but never a red. As said on the Rangers Live commentary. Even the guys in the Falkirk dugout just looked over at the Rangers dugout and shook their heads and shrugged their shoulders.

Poor game by the ref. Shame thing is we kind of get used to performances like that from our officials. They seem to float around game to game making an arse of it and getting away with it. Still cannot believe these cheeky barstewards went on strike to get more pay. Imagine going to your boss and telling them "I know I cannot do my job even remotely well but I want more money or I on strike". You'd be punted 6 feet in the air out the door after being laughed at.

Still, I am sure we'll see many more performances like that from refs and I am glad it didn't ruin the game for us, we came away with the 3 points which is the important thing.

To be honest i didnt see the Falkirk sending off, but the Papac one was a fucking disgrace, a was cheering when a seen the tackle :lol: because a thought it was a great tackle for the team, but when the ref pulled out the red i was totally baffeled. The first penalty shout looked alot more like a penalty than the actual penalty.

Overall the ref was shite.

The ref had a really bad game today. He lost the plot pretty early on and it just got worse from there. The two red cards were just ridiculous, a yellow perhaps but never a red. As said on the Rangers Live commentary. Even the guys in the Falkirk dugout just looked over at the Rangers dugout and shook their heads and shrugged their shoulders.

Poor game by the ref. Shame thing is we kind of get used to performances like that from our officials. They seem to float around game to game making an arse of it and getting away with it. Still cannot believe these cheeky barstewards went on strike to get more pay. Imagine going to your boss and telling them "I know I cannot do my job even remotely well but I want more money or I on strike". You'd be punted 6 feet in the air out the door after being laughed at.

Still, I am sure we'll see many more performances like that from refs and I am glad it didn't ruin the game for us, we came away with the 3 points which is the important thing.

Very good post.

Im just back - i thought the penalty he gave was very soft, but ive not seen a replay of it yet - i missed the falkirk sending off - but papac's red card was a fcuking joke if you ask me and if Rangers dont appeal it - i would be very surprised :unsure:

He sent off both men for barely bookable offenses.

Madness.

Funnily enough I thought he got the penalties correct.

I disagree.

I thought both were Red Cards. One either can be seen as dangerous play or a professional foul/goalscoring opportunty, in theory he's through on goal from there, and the Falkirk one was dangerous tho Mendes could have caught him too.

Madness.

I disagree.

I thought both were Red Cards. One either can be seen as dangerous play or a professional foul/goalscoring opportunty, in theory he's through on goal from there, and the Falkirk one was dangerous tho Mendes could have caught him too.

that tackle was 5 yards inside the falkirk half - with Weir in the middle of the park on the halfway line - Papac was never the last man <cr>

:lol: In this theory anyone running away from their own goal is 'through on goal' then?

:lol: In this theory anyone running away from their own goal is 'through on goal' then?

you quoted the wrong person ya fud :anguish:

you quoted the wrong person ya fud :anguish:

Stupid new quote system :lol: happens alot.

ref was a joke but i expect that now as all the refs are so bad. how can papac get a red card 4that yet caldwell only gets booked 4 hauling down miller on the edge of the box? no consistency with the refs

Pretty much every decision/non decsision today was an absolute joke, he bottled it with the first penalty decision then got caught up in an endless cycle of trying to even up each previous decision.

Boyd and Fleck should've been booked for diving and the Cregg red card was just a bizarre decision, then again the first penalty decision was a stone wall and Papac's red was as rediculous as Cregg's. He was in the Falkirk half, wasn't the last man and there were other players getting back.

Madness.

I disagree.

that tackle was 5 yards inside the falkirk half - with Weir in the middle of the park on the halfway line - Papac was never the last man <cr>

Correct.

What was the Falkirk red for? Couldn't see it from up in the Copland.

In all fairness, weir was never going to catch him, he was through on goal, as wreckless as it was though, he would still have had to finish and from the halfway line, to get all the way back, would not be an obvious goal scoring chance

In all fairness, weir was never going to catch him, he was through on goal, as wreckless as it was though, he would still have had to finish and from the halfway line, to get all the way back, would not be an obvious goal scoring chance

the striker was going out wide though,weir had less distance to cover and would have caught him imo, not 100% sure but i think there might have been someone else coming back also.