Rio Ferdinand the racist.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always seem to find that racism only works one way in this country.

This is what winds me up. In no way am I a racist. I live in Bristol which is a city with people from all walks of life. I work, play football and go out with black guys, asian guys, white guys etc. but the issue of it being racist unless its said by the particular race saying it is pish. If a white guy makes that comment he looks at 8 months inside. If people from a certain race don't want certain words to be used then don't use them yourselfs. If I said all Scots were cunts then heard some English guy say it I would have no right to get offended.

I couldn't give a fuck if it is or not, but it certainly shows up Ferdinand for the poorly-educated, hypocritical prick that he is.

Ferdinand has said a lot of things that make me think he is an uneducated prick, but laughing at someone else calling Ashley Cole a Choc Ice really isn't up there. I really don't see any hypocrisy either. Cole is his mate and doesn't give two fucks about this. Nice of people to be offended on his behalf though. :rolleyes:

As if calling someone a Choc Ice is racist. :lol:

There are some sensitive souls on here.

I think its more to do with the hyprocracy of him getting upset over Terry then making a comment himself rather than what was said.

On a side note Ferdinand :BELM:

Ferdinand has said a lot of things that make me think he is an uneducated prick, but laughing at someone else calling Ashley Cole a Choc Ice really isn't up there. I really don't see any hypocrisy either. Cole is his mate and doesn't give two fucks about this. Nice of people to be offended on his behalf though. :rolleyes:

You appear to struggling with this too. Who's saying that they're offended by the comments?

The problem is more to do with the fact that it would have been a racist comment if say Gerrard or Lampard had said it. Why is it ok for Ferdinand to say it?

So it's the "hypocrisy" of laughing at his mate being called a choc ice that bothers you then? :lol:

I'm more bothered about letting myself get drawn into a pointless debate with someone who, despite numerous nudges, still appears unable to grasp the point being made by many. Or perhaps you are simply being obtuse? Either way, carry on arguing with yourself.

I'm more bothered about letting myself get drawn into a pointless debate with someone who, despite numerous nudges, still appears unable to grasp the point being made by many. Or perhaps you are simply being obtuse? Either way, carry on arguing with yourself.

Nudges? Its a full force push and still nothing lol :sherlock:

If you are seriously comparing the terms "choc ice" and "black cunt" then maybe it's you lads that need a wee nudge here?

This is what winds me up. In no way am I a racist. I live in Bristol which is a city with people from all walks of life. I work, play football and go out with black guys, asian guys, white guys etc. but the issue of it being racist unless its said by the particular race saying it is pish. If a white guy makes that comment he looks at 8 months inside. If people from a certain race don't want certain words to be used then don't use them yourselfs. If I said all Scots were cunts then heard some English guy say it I would have no right to get offended.

All you Black Country folk are wankers. :pipe:

(see what I did there?)

Who is being offended on 'his' behalf?

Nobody on this thread so far as I can see.

Who is being offended on 'his' behalf?

Nobody on this thread so far as I can see.

You are quite right to be fair. Nobody is offended on Cole's behalf. They are offended that a nice white chap like John Terry can't use a good old phrase like 'black cunt' while the evil Ferdinand can laugh about the term 'Choc Ice' amongst his pals. IT'S POLITICAL CORRECTNESS GONE MAD.

You are quite right to be fair. Nobody is offended on Cole's behalf. They are offended that a nice white chap like John Terry can't use a good old phrase like 'black cunt' while the evil Ferdinand can laugh about the term 'Choc Ice' amongst his pals. IT'S POLITICAL CORRECTNESS GONE MAD.

You are determined to believe that this thread is full of people who are offended.

It is not.

I think the point is the hypocrisy that terms are often used amongst minority groups which they are only too ready to complain about if others use the expression. The black comunity in London openly use the N word to each other, which is fine but then they shouldn't then see it as a racist insult when others use it.

I think the point is the hypocrisy that terms are often used amongst minority groups which they are only too ready to complain about if others use the expression. The black comunity in London openly use the N word to each other, which is fine but then they shouldn't then see it as a racist insult when others use it.

Good point.

If you don't want to hear a word, maybe you shouldn't use it.

(tu)

Dont understand why paddock keeps harping on. This is such an obvious point. I dont see anyone here offended by any of it.