Union Bears - Hooligans?

Funny thay this article came out just as it looks like we're on the verge of a campaign against.police intimidation, they know the vast majority of Rangers fans are friendly and well behaved so theyve used the most vocal group in our support as a scapegoat, this country, its laws and its media are a shambles, i see singing sections and all standing at games being banned. The SFA and the media tried to kill us off and failed, now theyre going to try their best to censor us, anything like this should be met with firm opposition from us

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He said: “The vast majority — and it’s the same with ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ at Parkhead — are there to bring atmosphere to the stadium. But there’s an element who cross the line.”

Funny how the Gangrene Brigade only get mentioned when they try and bring in a bit of positivity!!! <cr>

Get a grip an read a proper paper, that shit rag should be completely ignored as it is in scouseville!

As for the UB being hooligans or ultras.... :rolleyes:

Lots of young guys mostly in their best bib n tucker, waving flags singing and bouncing, almost entirely responsible for all that is great about the atmosphere at out stadium, who do now and again play with smoke bombs....

If you are stupid enough to translate the last paragraph into 'hooligan-ultra' then actually you'll find the sun right up your street.

Shit paper, shit writers, shit ethos/bunch of cunts

Sorry if repost, but Ive just read the article in the sun about football hooliganism being rampant once again, but was shocked to see the Union Bears being hung out to dry by the paper. Since when does singing loudly, waving banners or setting off flares constitute violence or hooliganism. If there has any been an example of media bias against Rangers or the media just looking for something to throw at Rangers then this is it. I have been following Rangers for years and have never seen any violence in Ibrox or near it, nor at away games. This is totally out of proportion and is just scaremongering imo.

The UB are much more rowdy and active than most fans, but how does this justify how they are portrayed in this article? I was in the UB area at Berwick and while I was nackered at the end and understood complaints about smoke I never once felt in danger in any way, there was no violent chants, songs or any fighting whatsoever so how can the media say this when there is clearly no evidence?

Shouldn't read that scummy rag for a start.

Union Bears seem to be a bunch of enthusiastic guys who are getting noticed and larger.Good to see guys getting right into it.

As for the accusation of hooliganism ,typical red top sensationalism and I suspect a bit of retribution from the sun for the humiliating climb down over macgobblegiver.

In my more stupid younger days I saw plenty of real hooliganism in the eighties and can assure any member of the fourth estate they are talking pure shite if they think the UB are anything of the sort.

i personally love how the union bears are labelled hardcore ultras set to cause trouble quite a wee bit on them but then there is like one line on ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ and they are fine,

He said: “The vast majority — and it’s the same with ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ at Parkhead — are there to bring atmosphere to the stadium. But there’s an element who cross the line.”

Well I am sorry the GB are in a different league to the Bears, some of the banners they have had in the last six months have been atrocious. In recent years i dont remember the Union Bears having any other banners other than wonderful banners of support for our club and country. Whereas some of the banners by the GB, us as zombies getting shot, ibrox labelled as h*** fc and the stadium on fire. The endless pictures of the taxman, the constant h*** are going bust scarfs, banners etc, and dont even get me started on the stuff about our armed forces, disgusting, but thats

"...bringing an atmosphere..." ??

Funny how the Gangrene Brigade only get mentioned when they try and bring in a bit of positivity!!! <cr>

More than an "element" and it this "atmosphere" doh:mad:

Sorry if repost, but Ive just read the article in the sun about football hooliganism being rampant once again, but was shocked to see the Union Bears being hung out to dry by the paper. Since when does singing loudly, waving banners or setting off flares constitute violence or hooliganism. If there has any been an example of media bias against Rangers or the media just looking for something to throw at Rangers then this is it. I have been following Rangers for years and have never seen any violence in Ibrox or near it, nor at away games. This is totally out of proportion and is just scaremongering imo.

The UB are much more rowdy and active than most fans, but how does this justify how they are portrayed in this article? I was in the UB area at Berwick and while I was nackered at the end and understood complaints about smoke I never once felt in danger in any way, there was no violent chants, songs or any fighting whatsoever so how can the media say this when there is clearly no evidence?

rangers are in the spotlight on and off the park the media are are inlaming minor matters.dont see them reportng what the traveling support have to through eg annan train station and much more.to me the ub are worth the adminssion money alone i get more entertainment from tham than i do on the park at present

For some reason I got negative repped for asking the meaning of something I don't understand.

You are a strange lot.

Even'd up.

Relevant question. I want to know how UB, the ones who are supposed to be the experts on Ultras, havent done anything that makes them ultras yet?

Should they turn up to training and smash a players motor or something?

I have never seen any type of Incident in the past Ten Years at Ibrox . The last incident I witnessed was that lot at Tynecastle last Season fighting with Stewards, and Police .

Have they forgot about that ? And the Ball Boy incident .

Total lies Printed by the Media regards the UB. Oh and lets not mention the Flares that where let off at the Glasgow Cup Final, by the Terrorist Loving Scum .

They nearly Burnt the Broomloan Stand Down.

Unbelievable and Biased.